What got you interested in dead or alive in the beginning

Jackie Chan Fan

I read in the cheats section of a magazine that you can put a Dead or Alive 2 Dreamcast GD-ROM to a PC and you'll see bikini pictures of the babes. Got me interested. haha

Then I saw DOA1 for PC on a game store. Tried it. Like it a little. Too much counters. Then I got DOA2 Hardcore for PS2. Got hooked. Been a fan since then.

Mr Armageddon X

Played DOA1 on PS, bought it as was into fighting games, just got interested since then, I've owned all games at some point apart from 4 which I rented for a weekend and never really got into. Been a more active and bigger fan since 5.

SpellBound

At the time (2011) I only played mk9 and saw that a lot of Mk players were also playing doa5. I have known about the series for a long time but never tired it. I eventually bought it and fell in love with the game. It runs so smooth and the girls are so pretty along with the stages. I have basically been playing DOA as a side game since. Im really lookingbforward to what DOA has in the future

SoftCabbage

I'm not and never been a fan of fighting game, because I never able to play it and execute all the flashy funky combos in KOF and Tekken. But I've known DOA since my brother played DOA2HC back in 2002-2003. DOA was memorable to me (and if you think it's because boobs, you're wrong) because of the attack moves that are exaggerated to a certain level, but still very believable. And also that DOA2 character selection BGM.

When DOA5 was announced and released, I saw the characters were getting a heavy overhaul in style, which attracted me a lot. When Ultimate was released, I downloaded the demo on PS3, tried few match at a friend's, and I felt how much the game is so friendly to someone who's really bad at fighting games like me. So I bought a second hand copy and this is pretty much my fighting game until today.

JJdude

Being honest here, the girls got me interested. Specifically Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball. A friend of mine had an Xbox with the game. I don't remember if he unlocked the other swimsuits, but we mostly played the volleyball segments. Then we played DOA3 after that and the rest was history.

Jackie Chan Fan

Beautiful graphics. I noticed DOA2 on Dreamcast and the characters look good, especially Tina. During those years, not every game has beautifully-created characters. Since I casually play fighting games, mainly Street Fighter and Tekken, I tried playing DOA and I've been a fan ever since.

axouel2009

I get DOA2 at 6 YO and I just loved kasumi cause she was cute AF and the game was juste easy and wonderfull

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
To be honest DOA 2. Specifically Ayane's outfit in DOA 2 and not even the sexuality of it but the design as a whole. I know it's been her OG costume since 1 but they really nailed it in 2 as well. This was also when I found my love for Tina. The counter system felt really good too.

Hailo_Hwm

To be honest DOA 2. Specifically Ayane's outfit in DOA 2 and not even the sexuality of it but the design as a whole. .

Was it the bow?! That's what caught my attention too in doa2. My cousin was like "let's play a fighting game!" And that costume has been implanted forever in my brain.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD