What Questions would you ask to Shimbori?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I always considered it a major part of the franchise

Funny thing is that DOA2 and DOA3 was when Team NINJA was toying with making the game exclusively a tag game. It was due to DOA2U's online success where the data showed roughly 9 out of 10 matches done online were solo matches. So they changed course from there.

Plus there's the whole thing where having twice as many characters cost twice as much RAM which meant stages had to be downgraded from their potential/solo counterparts.

My theory is that I think it was a combination of those two points, with the additional point of difficulty in keeping both solo and tag balanced, attributed to their decision.

I'm personally of the opinion that tag will return in the future I'm sure, but maybe as its own game a'la the Tekken Tag Tournament series. I also feel that VF x DOA could one day happen where they could use the existing Tag system as a base in its own game. Of course, these are just pipe dreams of mine.

KwonJigglypuff

I would ask him if TN had ever considered making :

- a Costume Mode, where you can unlock & buy different parts (shirts, pants, shoes, hats, jewels, gloves, glasses, accessories) to dress the characters

or

- an Avatar Mode using Genra's revamped moveset, with a limited creation (name, face, hair, costume pallet, breasts, voice), plus the opportunity to costumize the moveset a bit (color of the fireballs and the vajra, stance, taunts).

just_me

Standard Donor
Given that they more or less gave away the number of chars already:

Do the 25 DLC costumes of the Digital Deluxe (and up) Edition account for the 2 DLC characters, or not?

And maybe some details about Nyotengu:
How long will she be pre-order exclusive and will she be paid or free DLC after the exclusive period? (I know that the latter is unlikely, but would make people a lot less angry XD )

edit: seems the website more or less states that you can pay for the pre-order stuff later… then I'd suggest pitching that idea though. Making Nyo free DLC after a while, would be good (well at least not bad) PR and I think the game still needs some.

Also, ask about weight classes… will they try to simplify the system (to e.g. just light & heavy), will they get rid of classes altogether, or will they keep it as is?

Last edited:

Haipa Sonikku

- A feature that would avoided all the controversy in the first place. A Tournament mode that locked out all Not For TV outfits. Real time button checks. Behaves like a Arcade event mode.

- DOATEC TV feature that behaves like streaming in which any and every official DOA 6 offline tournament would be broadcasted in real time to any and every owner of DOA 6 (with real time frame date, notations, etc) so they can see what the game is capable and might even want to join the scene, not just online multiplayer matches. Look up VF.TV. Namco used this idea with help from Sega on i.e. Tekken 6 JPN Arcade.

- Free To Play version DOA 6 Day 1. Somebody has to finally do it right. Killer Instinct was almost there but there was no physical version til about a year later.

- Arcade Japanese version of Dead or Alive 6 March 2019. Gotta get those JPN/Asia numbers all the way up otherwise it'll be like DOA 5 til 2013 with mostly Western players doing the same stuff. I caught a lot of heat here years saying that the Japanese/Asia were much better at 3D versus and after most of you unfortunately found that out the hard way, you all stepped your game way up and went on to win even Championships. The difference of this community is night and day before and after the Arcade version of DOA5.

KwonJigglypuff

Provided Lisa is in the game, what are TeamNinja trying to attempt with her character in terms of writing and marketing, since her popularity is not so good?

Moneyspider_Todd

I know that since DOA4 the franchise has welcome the other company guests playable characters, and DOA1 has Hayabusa as an inside "guest" (he is a mayor player in the main storyline of the franchise, but as he was first a main character is his own series i count him in the same league that cody, guy and the mad gear dudes as playable characters in SFAlpha/SFIII/USFIV/SFV)

My question would be; there is a chance to have guest characters from previous TECMO games? I mean, Raiya from Toki Densho and a wrestler from Tecmo pro wrestling would be pretty good choices to have in the game and also a good way to celebrate the legacy of Tecmo. Also they can provide some depht for the main lore (Raiya can provide some info about the "lands beyond", same with Nyotengu and even the tie-in Warriors Orochi games), and from Tecmo pro Wrestling could bring some info of Tina's beginnings, Bass' golden days and even a rival for his own, i dunno, Boris Chekov or Rex Beat, to name some characters of that game.

legibifou

My questions would be :
Why do the more-than-10-years-old DOA2U and DOA4 still have better stage graphics (more photorealistic) than DOA5 and DOA6? Is it an art direction choice or is it due to CPU limitations ?
Is it for the same reasons that we don't have anymore big stages to explore ?

werewolfgold

Will the guys get jiggle physics? lol
AKn6TAW.gif

KwonJigglypuff

why do you hate Leon

Yeah, like "why don't you even try to make him relevant to the new players despite the potential regarding his story writing (MIST seducing him by bringing Lauren back), his likable personality (a lone wolf who could protect a young girl/boy like Jean Reno did), his iconic fighting style (these throws and wild moves) and his great legacy costumes (genie, trenchcoat)?"

Leon is unique and his rivalry with Bayman could create great moments.

Ninoasker

Yeah, like "why don't you even try to make him relevant to the new players despite the potential regarding his story writing (MIST seducing him by bringing Lauren back), his likable personality (a lone wolf who could protect a young girl/boy like Jean Reno did), his iconic fighting style (these throws and wild moves) and his great legacy costumes (genie, trenchcoat)?"

Leon is unique and his rivalry with Bayman could create great moments.
Right? It makes me so mad that they throw such a potential character to the trash can while bringing characters (which is not a problem since the more characters the better, but they are getting ACTUAL STORIES LMAO) that won't probably add anything new to the story. Honoka maybe due to his connection with Raidou, but Marie Rose? I doubt she gets anything of relevance for the plot. Leon is so badly developed despite having a good background that they could expand by giving him some relevance.

I'd be really happy if he becomes Bayman's official partner in 6 (if he even returns, which I have hopes he will) and both work for Helena. Or even if he doesn't have any connections with her but Bayman calls him out to help in his missions.

Last edited:

Leifang

I would ask him, will he put Customization mode in Dead or alive 6. Also keep Tag Mode in the game. Last and not least put Leifang loose hair back the original style it once was in, DOAX, DOA2U, DOA4 and DOAX2. In DOA5 I hated her loose hair. It looked unfinished, and her ears were big like dumbo. Those things I would love to address.

Moneyspider_Todd

Well, i would
- repeat my Core Fighters petition
- What about having some Rumble Roses content? Maybe some guests or skins would be cool. (Like Dixie's costume for Tina, Reiko's costume for Mila, Anesthesia's costume for Lisa, Sebastian's costume for Zack and so on)
- also i would ask if Bass and Mariposa can have matching outfits UwU

09-10-2018_0-48-24.png

WAZAAAAA

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD