What would be the most disappointing thing that DOA 6 can have?

T..J. Bernard

As DOA 6 announcement is inching closer (hopefully), we talk about our wishlist or something for what we want in DOA 6. However, no one talks about what would be the most disappointing thing that DOA can do. So I ask, what would be the most disappointing thing that would make DOA 6 a flop to you?

Lulu

Adding more supers and the like. Power Launchers for one (I mean, let's be real) is not entirely useful due to some stages having slopes and ground slants. The smallest hole can make the final combo get dropped entirely.

Yeah but...doesn't that just mean we should be more familiar with the Stages and Adjust our Power Launcher Juggles Accordingly ?

As for me.... I don't know... I'd be most Disappointed by more Difficult to execute moves.... but I'm already disappointed by that in DoA5 already so.... yeah.... will just have to wait & see.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Yeah but...doesn't that just mean we should be more familiar with the Stages and Adjust our Power Launcher Juggles Accordingly ?

You can't get familiar 100% on something that's entirely situational, you'd need proper coordination and field placement to make sure you don't drop them on stages with a slope on all ground unless you know for sure it's a slope with a right placement to land them (which is "still" situational). The only one that's not situational is flat surfaces.

Last edited:

Lulu

You can't get familiar 100% on something that's entirely situational, you'd need proper coordination and field placement to make sure you don't drop them on stages with a slope on all ground unless you know for sure it's a slope with a right placement to land them (which is "still" situational). The only one that's not situational is flat surfaces.
True.... But I like a Challenge ;)

The most disappointing thing that DOA6 can have for me is Marie Rose getting a boyfriend. I will sell all my Marie Rose merch if that ever happens and go back to Tekken and be with Lili then. LOL

As for game mechanics, I'm still a noob at fighting games in general so I can't say.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Alpha-152 still being a playable character.

Over-focus on sexualization & fan service over gameplay.

Minimal improvements to the game mechanics (such as sidesteps, low crush frames, closed/open stance combo consistency, removing "pot-hole" slopes etc.)

Ayane not being the badass that she was in DOA3 & 4 :oops:.

KwonJigglypuff

Any of our 27 DOA characters getting cut (Kasumi, Ryu, Ayane, Raidou, Tina, Bass, Zack, Lei Fang, Jann Lee, Gen Fu, Bayman, Helena, Leon, Ein/Hayate, Hitomi, Christie, Brad, Kokoro, Eliot, Lisa, Mila, Rig, Marie-Rose, Nyotengu, Honoka, Phase-4).

I wouldn't mind if the VF characters, Naotara or Mai leave. Momiji and Rachel can come later as DLC.

DedUp

Meter and EX moves. I hated them in Soul Calibur 5 and they are only tolerable in Tekken 7 because only 2 characters (3 when Geese is released) have it.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Whats wrong with Alpha being Playable ? Shes the most "Unique" Character in the Game.

It would be a shame if she was just in Cutscenes or a Story Mode Boss Fight.

That "unique-ness" pretty much. And her buttons. She represents the dark side of DOA.

DOA would be better if the jello lady was gone.

KnacKrover

DOA supposed to be a hardcore, but Sassy 3d fighting game with enchanted ultra hi-def graphics, stunning visual.

But only its dumbest part is a character influences like Honoka and Misaki.... also the bunch of overprices season pass for each dlc packs

Last edited:

HHH816

i would not accept if it's the same like DOA5 vanilla

you've got ton of dlc money, you can make gorgeous game like nioh, FF fighting game.

i want full HD, live environment stages..no excuse

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
i would not accept if it's the same like DOA5 vanilla

you've got ton of dlc money, you can make gorgeous game like nioh, FF fighting game.

i want full HD, live environment stages..no excuse

Full HD? DOA5LR is already full 1080p. If Team Ninja can do 4K60FPS then I'll be impressed! (though 1440p60FPS would be cool too). However depending on how interactive the stages are, plus their sizes and scope, a DOA6 may likely be 1080p60FPS, but with the PS4 Pro and XBone X out this fall, TN hopefully may possibly try a resolution above 1080p.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD