What would be the most disappointing thing that DOA 6 can have?

KwonJigglypuff

Lisa didn't have any story relevance neither back in DOAX1. If I'm not wrong, they even planned to make her Zack's sister but changed it, because too... easy ? (I read it on DOAwiki or a forum once, but can't find it, so to be confirmed).

Misaki could be anything, from a default avatar in DOA6 to a MIST cyborg.

Last edited:

T..J. Bernard

Lisa didn't have any story relevance neither back in DOAX1. If I'm not wrong, they even planned to make her Zack's sister but changed it, because too... easy ? (I read it on DOAwiki or a forum once, but can't find it, so to be confirmed).

Misaki could be anything, from a default avatar in DOA6 to a MIST cyborg.

You're right. Which is why I'm not gonna scrutinize her too much. But I'm saying from the outside looking in (Again no DOAx player) and from what I saw so far, I feel she's bland. What happens in the coming months will either correct my statement (I'm wrong) or justify my statement (I'm right).

Jadeinchains

If Zack doesn't complete his metamorphosis into a drag queen in doa6, I mean he's so close now after his clown drag in doa5. ( Those heels though! :eek: )

*Cue the Wind machine. Wind machine will be on from 3:05 to 3:51. 3:12 stop the strobes! Flood the stage with intense all white light white circular white light still flashing quickly. Wind machine still on. 3:27 intense colored lights. All colors. Flash rapidly from the ceiling in time with the music, just go nuts! Visual climax of song but make sure no lights on audience at all times. They must be in the dark. Cue fire effects! Pyrotechnics! Cue fire effects with the music from 3:27 to 3:51. If the wind machine needs to be turned off in order to use the fire then please turn off the wind.* - Zack's trailer reveal specifics for doa6.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
If Zack doesn't complete his metamorphosis into a drag queen in doa6, I mean he's so close now after his clown drag in doa5. ( Those heels though! :eek: )

*Cue the Wind machine. Wind machine will be on from 3:05 to 3:51. 3:12 stop the strobes! Flood the stage with intense all white light white circular white light still flashing quickly. Wind machine still on. 3:27 intense colored lights. All colors. Flash rapidly from the ceiling in time with the music, just go nuts! Visual climax of song but make sure no lights on audience at all times. They must be in the dark. Cue fire effects! Pyrotechnics! Cue fire effects with the music from 3:27 to 3:51. If the wind machine needs to be turned off in order to use the fire then please turn off the wind.* - Zack's trailer reveal specifics for doa6.
Rupaul's drag race season 10 the remaining queen is Zack XD

Glitterati

Honoka.

She is everything wrong with doa, personified.
Hater.

I just want:
1) Better netcode (can’t stress this enough)
2) More diversity in characters. Different ethnicities, fighting styles etc
3) More online modes
4) Customization
5) Tournament mode to have like a bidding mode? Were you can bid actual money and have the tournament streamed on their own live feed for just that game.
6) Scrap Leon, ein, phase 4, Rachel and raidou. Give honoka her some of her own moves. Nerf bayman.. I hate bayman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Argentus

I'll add Mila to that list as well...

Might wanna try a little harder on the hate, there.

Honoka literally represents everything wrong with and bad about DOA.

Her entire design is simply "Biggest boobs". There was no effort put in beyond that one aspect of cheesecake.

They didn't bother with making a moveset, or hell, even a FACE or IDENTITY for her. Just slapped J cups Honoka from Love Live, recycled Marie's face and hodgepodged a "moveset" from the other characters.

She is the epitome of "Sex Sells", and justified all the criticisms people have ever made about DOA being "that game with the titties". Doubly so with her and Marie becoming the new "face" of DOA.

But please, feel free to try and explain how Mila belongs "on that list, too".

Onryoki

Standard Donor

Her entire design is simply "Biggest boobs". There was no effort put in beyond that one aspect of cheesecake.

They didn't bother with making a moveset, or hell, even a FACE or IDENTITY for her. Just slapped J cups Honoka from Love Live, recycled Marie's face and hodgepodged a "moveset" from the other characters.

She is the epitome of "Sex Sells", and justified all the criticisms people have ever made about DOA being "that game with the titties". Doubly so with her and Marie becoming the new "face" of DOA.

75BDA295-B21B-49F2-AB9A-4FF8827C0B9D.gif

Glitterati

You'll have trouble double-posting when I ban you.

Indeed, your ass is very ironic.
Oooooo I really don’t give a fuck? Honestly we’ve been through this countless times with ya bitch ass. You know I don’t fucking care. Fuck you Brute.

Sotherius

Ok dude, i know I probably won't be able to change your opinion on Honoka, but let me at least show how there is actually a good ammount of effort into her character.

First and most important, moveset. I see people talking a lot on how her moveset is lazy because it is a bunch of other character's moves slapped into one character, and i don't think that is quite right, while for animation purposes is easy, you can just re-use the animations from other characters, there is still the care to make those animations work in the new model, but also, to me it is wonderful that Honoka has so many stances and moves from so many characters, and how well those moves flow into one another, and how she is just balanced right, for me it is quite and awesome.

Now about design, i didn't knew about love live before playing doa, so i didn't know about Honoka, but yeah, she is clearly a homage to the thing. But i beg you to look the cool details about her, like Honoka and Ayane are the only characters that have red eyes, which is nice to establish a connection. The pink hair i kinda see as being related to that as well. Her face is similar to marie's? Yeah, but honestly, face models in this game aren't so different if you take out the hair, but it is still a slightly different model i believe, someone already showed that in a thread here.

And the last reason why i really like Honoka, is that she feels like a joke character, as in someone that is incredibly powerful but isn't aware of that, and she ends up having a goofy place in the game, but also, being able to do something meaningful in future games due to her relation with raidou and ayane.

About her big boobs? Well, can't say much here, you either like it or you don't.

Now, to be pretty clear, i don't dislike any doa character (at least not a TN original character that i can remember), and i really love Milla as well, but i could see someone not liking her for a couple of reasons.

Milla, like Rig, are the original DOA 5 characters, and their designs just scream "Regular people from everyday's life", and while this was cool, it really strikes as something weird compared to the "over the top" DOA cast, and Rig got that solved by his participation in the story mode, where he was revealed to be a major villain, now Milla, she didn't do much, her participation is still bigger than the newcomers from ultimate/last round, but she still came as a regular girl, fought as a regular girl, and left the game as a regular girl, and i would say that her character was not developed well enough, and i hope she gets more development in the future. Again, i love Milla, but you could say that her role as a character was pretty much nothing until now.

Sorry if i sounded rude in any of this, And sorry for being so off topic, but i wanted to reply that.

But with that context, and also the context of what i just said, one really disappointing thing that could happen story wise is the characters to not get their progression and needed development.

T..J. Bernard

I’m seeing Honoka debates which is interesting. I’ll say my pros and cons on Honoka as a character, not necessarily in how she fights & matches up:

Pro:
None (nah jk)
She is pretty fun to play. When I did do my character of the day stuff she was pretty fun to use and she did come a bit easier to me. There are some aspects of her bio that are interesting (her relationship with ayane & raidou). I know sone hints have been dropped with the ryu segment in I think Warriors All star or something (probably wrong on the game) but hopefully DOA 6 really dives into that more.

Cons:
I really hate the copy aspect. Now sotherius made a solid point on this. However, for what I was expecting (i even think they said there will be a new style), that was a huge bust. Her reason in the game really sucks. Now I may be wrong but I recall someone saying that she’s in the game because they needed a character with a school-girl outfit. If this is truly the reason that’s possibly the worst reason for a character to be in the game. Mind as well put Jones in the game because there’s no one in a fireman outfit. Her design isn’t the best. From her theme song that makes me want to dive into legos and smile about it, her voice is really annoying (sounds like one of those rubber ducks or any squeaky toy), her face basically being Marie rose but with pink hair & red eyes or whatever, her design wasn’t the best. The last and biggest con about her is I cannot take her seriously. There are two factors to this: 1) we literally only have a bio about her & 2) her character overall. I’ll dive into two more since I discussed 1 earlier. Overall, she’s supposed to have this vital role and she’s plastered on almost every DOA costume or anything DOA related since her release, which is good (not really, should plaster Rig but... ) . My issue with her is she’s literally a joke of a character. Her relationships are bland to me, excluding Raidou for now. Her personality’s too much of a joke (rock paper scissors. Really?). Now there were some people that started out as clowns (Aang & Naruto) but when it’s time to work, they went to work. Honoka starts out a joke and she continues being a joke. There’s almost no way I can relate to her.

That’s my overall opinion on Honoka. Now she’s not the worst character I ever saw (Lucky Chloe holds the title for me) in a fighting game. But I’ll say she’s underwhelming in a lot of ways. Hopefully DOA 6 will prove me 100x wrong about her cause right now she’s probably my 3rd worst fighting game character overall.

Simply put: we went from Kasumi & Ayane, two of the best female fighting game characters ever besides maybe Chun Li (I dislike fighting them but that’s for a different subject) to Honoka & Marie Rose, two of the stupidest female fighting game characters I ever seen besides Lucky Chloe and Josie. Now how do I say this, I spilled all my tea. It was sweet too. I’ma have to refill.

Last edited by a moderator:

WAZAAAAA

So you hate him because of one player.

That's... a bit extreme. That's like me saying I want Ibuki gone from the SF franchise because a particularly known Japanese SF player figuratively raped my soul with her online in Super SF4 back when I played it. Granted, I have my annoyances with her, and it would make me feel better in the short term, but deep down I know it's wrong 'cause I didn't consider the many other folks who like the character.
fuck ibuki for real though I'd rather test my luck at russian roulette than test it with her post-knockdown setplay gambling

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD