What would you like to see in DOA6?

HHH816

I'm tired of fighting in dirty alleys with nasty hobos and burning garbage. Dumpsters full of trash, seriously? Come on, Team Ninja. Maybe they think that's cool. I don't get it. Whats next, used heroin needles and piles of dogshit?

LMAO, yeah..that's one way to say it..i know they taking inspiration from tekken stage

jjinkou2

1) Network lobby improvment
No more waiting 'King of the hill' lobbies. Everybody in a lobby should be playing! Who can anyone stand with wasting his time for his turn when he's in a lobby of more than 5.

the only thing i'm doing to prevent that is playing in small lobby like 3 people, but that's not interesting anymore. I would like to play with everybody everytime.

2) Voice :
I would like that characters speak their own language rather than english with a strong accent. i'm tired to hear helena's horrible french accent.

HHH816

No more waiting 'King of the hill' lobbies. Everybody in a lobby should be playing! Who can anyone stand with wasting his time for his turn when he's in a lobby of more than 5.

the only thing i'm doing to prevent that is playing in small lobby like 3 people, but that's not interesting anymore. I would like to play with everybody everytime.

2) Voice :
I would like that characters speak their own language rather than english with a strong accent. i'm tired to hear helena's horrible french accent.

Do you mean like Dragon Ball Z lobby? but it will mean less control for players that open lobby.

listening to japanese dub sound more consistent, i don't use english dub.

KwonJigglypuff

2) Voice :

I agree my dear it iz verrry frrrustrrating to hear zat, even zough French people do have a terrrrible accent in rrreal life. I loved herrr voice actrrress in DOA2, herrr voice waz much morrre sophisticated and mysterrrious back zen!

Cadaveri

Weather such as wind, rain and especially that beautiful falling snow.

Time of day, such as bright afternoon sunshine or glorious glowing sunsets added to outdoor stages for variety.

2) Voice :

These 2 would be amazing, especially the weather and time of day for stages

Leifang12

I agree my dear it iz verrry frrrustrrating to hear zat, even zough French people do have a terrrrible accent in rrreal life. I loved herrr voice actrrress in DOA2, herrr voice waz much morrre sophisticated and mysterrrious back zen!
I loved Helenas DOA2 voice actor too. Leifang's was decent too ! I don't want them to speak their native languages . I love their Japanese voice actors and I don't want them to change ! I never have English voices on because they are terrible !

Raansu

2) Voice :

If you don't want to wait, make a smaller lobby or play ranked. Winner stays is perfectly fine the way it is.

SaihateDYNAMO

If anything... they need to make another club stage!
latest

latest

2U had one, then 4... and then they stopped. They were lively, fun and had awesome remixes. Imagine a new one in 6 with remixes of the DOA4 themes!!

Didn't DOA2 have shitty english voice acting? No thanks.
DOA2's acting was bad and the lines were CHEESY, but the voices themselves were really good to the point where I would say it sounds BETTER than 5's voice acting. i prefer ayane, helena, leon, leifang, hayabusa, bass, gen-fu and jann lee's 2HC voices much more compared to their 5 voice actors. This seems to be the case with older games though. They always had the perfect voices but shoddy direction/translations.

Even with Soul Calibur, i think SC2's voices sound so much better than what i've heard of SC6 despite the actual acting in 2 being much worse.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Random thought: versus screens. I thought that the ones in DOAD were cool. It's odd that that was never really a thing in most DOA games. They would just kind of surprise you with the next character in arcade mode.
Agreed. OG DOA1 had a "next card" type thing in the arcade but that's the first and only time I think they did that - I wouldn't mind some kind for combination between that and the DOAD splash intros.

Why? Its not like anyone talks in lobbies. I don't see anything wrong with winner stays,
Because you always win.

I join a lobby, wait a half hour in the queue before my turn comes up, then as soon as it's my turn, the host backs out and kicks me. I go into another lobby only for the same thing to happen. Then I give up and turn on Netflix. An hour gone sitting in lobbies but I've played exactly 0 seconds. You don't see anything wrong with that? At all?

You always get to play so of course you don't see an issue.

I don't know how I'm supposed to improve if I never even get to play. It's ridiculous that other players are hogging my setup. Why shouldn't I get to play?

Raansu

I don't always win. Plenty of people out there are way better than me. I avoid large lobbies though and generally stick to lobbies of 4 players. I don't really get kicked that often so I dunno why that's going on with you and I dunno what to say in that situation other than you could always make a lobby yourself, or play ranked.

I'm not really sure how else you would do a lobby. No matter what you're going to be waiting for a match at some point. Most fighting games do king of the hill style lobbies. Lobbies like DBZF are just....bad imo. You run around a lobby with avatars waiting for a match to pop and at the time I was playing couldn't even do private matches.

And DoA4 lobbies just caused unnecessary lag. DoA2U and DoA5 lobbies were simple and clean.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
You guys should know by now to go to lobbies with only 3 or 4 people max. Unless your patient, you're just doing yourself a major disservice waiting for randoms to finish. As a matter of fact, It's better just to create your own lobby instead of joining one with random players l0l

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I'm not really sure how else you would do a lobby.
You just play the next available person in the lobby. Why is this so difficult to comprehend? You have 16 people and 16 machines in a room, why are we all waiting on one setup? Would you run an offline tournament like that?

Make online more like offline tournaments where there's just constant games running. Maybe even cement tournament rules and have people play 2 out of 3 match sets? It would be nice if the game could track and state which match, not just round, you're on - this would teach newer players tourney rules. Whoever wins gets a "tournament point" and then it's "next card." That's my vision for a fast and fluid online mode. I don't want to mess around with any extra bullshit. Not even health or hold settings. If need be, leave all those options for private rooms. I just want to keep playing and I'm happy with a standardized ruleset.

Last edited:

Raansu

A lobby with 16 people and 8 matches going on at once on a doa netcode? No thanks....Plus you lose out on spectating while waiting for your turn. You know how many little tricks I learned while waiting for my turn to fight and watching other good players fight?

I get kicked like 99% of lobbies I join and 99% of ranked matches get cancelled on me. It sucks lol

Its so rare that I get kicked. Maybe its because I just don't play all that seriously and dick around alot? Think the last time I got kicked was in a small lobby and it was just me and the host and he got annoyed that I picked a different character every match. He finally got a win on me then booted me lol. Those situations just crack me up more than anything else.

You guys should know by now to go to lobbies with only 3 or 4 people max. Unless your patient, you're just doing yourself a major disservice waiting for randoms to finish. As a matter of fact, It's better just to create your own lobby instead of joining one with random players l0l

Its not even about waiting. Its just that rooms with 8-18 people in it lag to all hell and back. Plus NO ONE EVER TALKS. So its just boring sometimes. Definitely better with 3-4 player lobbies that are almost always decent players are in. I can't remember the last time I was in a lobby larger than 4 players.

jjinkou2

Make online more like offline tournaments where there's just constant games running.
That !
I can't remember the last time I was in a lobby larger than 4 players.
Me too, But that's not the solution. At worse you play 1/3 of time. in 1hour you only play 20 min and waiting for 40min. Just No!

And you stay playing with the same bunch of friends for the whole night. Sometimes i just want to meet every people and not loop again and again against the same playstyle.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD