What would you like to see in DOA6?

Atahotaku

thanks! i had mixed my facts there XD
as jann and zack are already champs of the tournament i hope that the next one will be another character, specially a non-ninja one, and specially, SPECIALLY, not Hayate.

I hope that the next tournament goes to Hitomi or Mila. Or the new girl if I like the character more than this two (thing that I doubt, but...).

Last edited:

Moneyspider_Todd

Honoka wins the tournament just to anger us
Well, Honoka is now the Sarah Bryant/Seth of the DOA Universe, so it would make sense to put her in the final four of the tournament.
I hope that, as the tournament has zero weight in the main storyline (the ninjas vs doatec) a character from out of that storyline can win it. If it was me the final 4 would be Tina, Honoka, Hitomi and Bayman, so Bayman falls against Honoka and she should fight the winner between Hitomi and Tina.

And also should insert a minor storyline of Lisa flirting with Bass to piss Tina off just for the sake of it.
And Zack would try to contact his alien buddies to make money to rebuild Zack Island into Zackopolis.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Well, Honoka is now the Sarah Bryant/Seth of the DOA Universe, so it would make sense to put her in the final four of the tournament.
I hope that, as the tournament has zero weight in the main storyline (the ninjas vs doatec) a character from out of that storyline can win it. If it was me the final 4 would be Tina, Honoka, Hitomi and Bayman, so Bayman falls against Honoka and she should fight the winner between Hitomi and Tina.

And also should insert a minor storyline of Lisa flirting with Bass to piss Tina off just for the sake of it.
And Zack would try to contact his alien buddies to make money to rebuild Zack Island into Zackopolis.

That final 4 sounds good but lISA FLIRTING WITH BASS WHAT?

Moneyspider_Todd

That final 4 sounds good but lISA FLIRTING WITH BASS WHAT?
XD
well, All of them are adults now, Bass is a widower and Lisa, an old friend of his only daughter (she could play the "i've always always had an eye in your father" card) just would do it for fun (as Lisa has been shown that she has a pretty notorious mischievous side) and also she could enjoy some non-relevant-to-the-doatec-stuff-that-almost-killed-her stuff.

zoo

not sure what you're trying to say here or why that'd make sense for her to place high but alright. But I do agree on a non ninja character taking it, Jann was a good pick for 5 (though I'd rather go with Hitomi)

Moneyspider_Todd

i mean; both seth and sarah are modified or genetically altered characters, which gave them special advantage on their movesets and or skills. Sarah was meant to be another subject of J-9's experiments to create the ultimate soldier as their other creation, Dural (which was Kagemaru's mother, modified at the point of becoming what she/it is in the virtua fighter games). Seth copied moves and adapted it to his own moveset from the most well know street fighters to became the ultimate fighter.

Honoka, even without the direct grim background has enough elements to think that her copy ability and her "secret power" is possibly related to DOATEC's shady moves or/and possibly raidou's genetic heritage

Shining_Wave

I would love the option of 'locking in' my choice of costume, details and hairstyle so it immediately appears for my characters, rather than always having to scroll through the options every time. For example: Leifang costume 12, hairstyle D, glasses off. I select Leifang and there it is.

DOA5LR doesn't already do that, does it?

speedySonic

I would love the option of 'locking in' my choice of costume, details and hairstyle so it immediately appears for my characters, rather than always having to scroll through the options every time. For example: Leifang costume 12, hairstyle D, glasses off. I select Leifang and there it is.

I think it resets every time you boot the game, but otherwise I'm pretty sure DOA5LR does this, provided the character you want to choose is the character you most recently picked.

P2p1mbs

Wouldn't that cause conflicts if another player uses the same costume settings?

TOBMAST3R

Missions:

I would love to see "DAILY-" "WEEKLY-" and/or "MONTHY-Missions".
I do enjoy that in other games besides the fighting game genre.

Mini-Game/Mode:

I would welcome a "Volleyball-Mini-Game" a la Xtreme or also
a "Beat 'em Up"-Mode like in Guilty Gear Judgement or Tekken 6 "Scenario Campain".

Gallery-Mode:

A collection of all videos (DOA1-DOA4), maybe commercial/promo pictures and posters, sounds, voices,music.

Shining_Wave

It would be cool to get free gifts every once in a while if you hit certain requirements, in training or by holidays or whatever.

Say, 'defeat Brad Wong 50 times with character x', get free sunglasses. Why do Ein & Christie get the cool shades? Ayane wants mirrored aviators, too. Or Wayfarers, those are bitchen. Christie just has sweet shades, and i wanna put'em on my girls too.

DDominguez

Don't know if it was discussed at all in the past 30 pages but:

Tekken 7 -esque online ranked match system.

I came around to DOA5LR as my first fighting game not even a year ago and ranked online was dead so idk how it works any maybe someone can fill me in. However since then I've played T7 and now SCVI and holy hell I hate how ranked matches work in SCVI. Just seems like a grind fest and someone around my rank can be anywhere between way below my skill level and boring to grossly above.

I like how in T7 at least you are always going against someone with a similar relative WLR, and based on play-style matchup you'll get a match somewhere between somewhat easier and harder. Obv generally most compelling when you're equally matched, but even if you're outmatched and on a long losing streak, its usually not because your opponent is so highly above you that you don't have a chance, but rather because they just bested you by a few tricks that you need to learn and adapt to. And making that climb is probably the most enjoyable thing for me.
Additionally the above only even works because you can rematch as much as you'd like. Yeah the +/- points decrease as rematches go on but it prevents abusing the system, as well as encourages the better player to keep going to squeeze out a bit more easy points while the lesser player gets the gratification of improvement through experience and maybe even one well earned victory.

While still enjoying SCVI, I feel the online ranked match system definitely dampers the experience for neither matching well nor allowing the ongoing rematches/revenge-matches (save for the best of 3 thing) that allow for the feelings of oscillating salt and improvement that made me discover that I liked fighting games. Will probably end up loving DOA6 either way with online lobbies and arcade mode but will love it even more if the online ranking is solid :thumbs up:

Also if there's already news of this and I'm just being ignorant then my b but didn't see it anywhere else :p

Raansu

DoA5's ranked was....ok? You could set the range of skill you want to play. Allow all ranks or lock it down to your rank. You could set the connection bar limits and choose to accept or decline fights.

I dunno if I would call it a grind though. I guess it depends on your win streaks as you got more for long win streaks.

I imagine 6's ranked will be similar if not the same, which I'm fine with, though I kind of wish it would go back to how it was in 2U/4 where all lobbies were ranked.

Last edited:

KnacKrover

In DOA6 menu screen when character standing, I do prefers to see their doing more like flipping hair, acting cool, cute or even stretching either their legs or arms etc.

Zero Beat

Decide if Phase can do Kasumi's 9P+K or not. She can't do it in neutral or off a neutral chifu, but she can after 66PP and 7K and it has been used in tournaments so I know TN's aware of it. Remove it entirely or make it universal.

Of course, this depends on if Phase will even play like she does in 5U/LR seeing as Kasumi got some of her moves or at least similar ones.

d3v

With what's happening in SCVI, DOA6 needs a good unranked quickmatch mode. Problem with SCVI is that the only way to play quick matches is ranked. There's no way to just kick back and get matches with various people without affecting your online rank.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD