What would you like to see in DOA6?

d3v

...but to bypass one of the things that makes DoA... DoA...
I don't quite understand what you're referring to. Based on the IGN article, we know that Fatal Rush and Break Blow can be held, and Break Hold can likely be baited out and thrown/punished as well.

Lulu

I don't quite understand what you're referring to. Based on the IGN article, we know that Fatal Rush and Break Blow can be held, and Break Hold can likely be baited out and thrown/punished as well.

True... But Neither really involve the decision making of the current system... it doesn't feel like DoA Light... its more like A different game altogether.

To give you an example of what I mean... Killer Instinct in season 3 implented a system called C.A.M. (Combo Assist Mechanic)... basically the way it works is it steers focus away from the execution of performing combos... but the game is still works fundementally the same way.

Does it help new players ? Sure... but veterans benefitted from it is well.. anybody who didn't see the point of the added dexterity in combos could simply use C.A.M... It makes Combos Easier but doesn't do them for you.

So... DoA...

DoA also has a bit of an annoying Execution Barrier... luckily in DoA its reserved to only a few characters and moves... its not inheritantly a pain like other fighting Games.

So really the issue is more or less solved... it just needed alil refining...

Fatal Rush & Break Blows, as they have been explained to me, don't just make the game easier but change the way the game is played. The In Combo Mix Ups aren't now easier to perform... They are simply gone...

I just don't see how anyone who gets into the game from this system is going to enjoy turning it off, and graduating to regular combos and holds... its not an easier version of an existing mechanic... its a different mechanic altogether.

d3v

True... But Neither really involve the decision making of the current system... it doesn't feel like DoA Light... its more like A different game altogether.

To give you an example of what I mean... Killer Instinct in season 3 implented a system called C.A.M. (Combo Assist Mechanic)... basically the way it works is it steers focus away from the execution of performing combos... but the game is still works fundementally the same way.

Does it help new players ? Sure... but veterans benefitted from it is well.. anybody who didn't see the point of the added dexterity in combos could simply use C.A.M... It makes Combos Easier but doesn't do them for you.

So... DoA...

DoA also has a bit of an annoying Execution Barrier... luckily in DoA its reserved to only a few characters and moves... its not inheritantly a pain like other fighting Games.

So really the issue is more or less solved... it just needed alil refining...

Fatal Rush & Break Blows, as they have been explained to me, don't just make the game easier but change the way the game is played. The In Combo Mix Ups aren't now easier to perform... They are simply gone...

I just don't see how anyone who gets into the game from this system is going to enjoy turning it off, and graduating to regular combos and holds... its not an easier version of an existing mechanic... its a different mechanic altogether.
The only thing that I see helps out of mix ups is Break Holds. Even then, there is an explicit meter cost bringing in meter management - do you spend to get the Break Hold, at the cost of losing resources to get a Break Blow? Even then, there's still the possibility that the Break Hold will be baited and punished - something already similar to how DOA is played, where holds can get baited out and punished. In fact, last I checked, it was actually better to slow escape than to hold in DOA5 because of the threat of punishment.

And if the "issue" is that Fatal Rush and Break Blows give guaranteed damage, well guess what a lot of competitive players think that the series needs to have more of - guaranteed damage. Holdable combos/situations were toned down in DOA5, and more opportunities for guaranteed damage added in after we realized what a shitshow 4 was for

Besides, all these new options don't really take out from the other, more important part of the game -- neutral.From what we've read, you can still hold and counter all these options in neutral. And that's on top of the other, more interesting things like movement, spacing, etc. that we have in neutral.

Honestly, it's how they'll tune the neutral coming from DOA5 that I'm more concerned about/interested in than any of these new bells and whistles: will we have good, safe frame data; will sidesteps be buffed (like they should), etc.

Lulu

The only thing that I see helps out of mix ups is Break Holds. Even then, there is an explicit meter cost bringing in meter management - do you spend to get the Break Hold, at the cost of losing resources to get a Break Blow? Even then, there's still the possibility that the Break Hold will be baited and punished - something already similar to how DOA is played, where holds can get baited out and punished. In fact, last I checked, it was actually better to slow escape than to hold in DOA5 because of the threat of punishment.

All that stuff is way ahead of new players... if they were already familiar with these concepts then there wouldn't be a need for this stuff in the first place.

And if the "issue" is that Fatal Rush and Break Blows give guaranteed damage, well guess what a lot of competitive players think that the series needs to have more of - guaranteed damage. Holdable combos/situations were toned down in DOA5, and more opportunities for guaranteed damage added in after we realized what a shitshow 4 was for.

I think thats what every other Fighting Game is for... this genre is chockful of Guaranteed Damage as it is.

Besides, all these new options don't really take out from the other, more important part of the game -- neutral.From what we've read, you can still hold and counter all these options in neutral. And that's on top of the other, more interesting things like movement, spacing, etc. that we have in neutral.

I wonder if they can come with another great tutorial this time around...

I heard they are trying to weave the tutorial into Story Mode... but if its just going to be the way it was in 5 Vanilla then whats the point...

Honestly, it's how they'll tune the neutral coming from DOA5 that I'm more concerned about/interested in than any of these new bells and whistles: will we have good, safe frame data; will sidesteps be buffed (like they should), etc.

You want characters to be safer on Block ?
I get that throw punishment was highly under utilized through out 5 Vanilla and Ultimate but I honestly don't see the upside in taking that away...

Sidesteps in 5 were fine... I'l never understand what was people's issue with them were... They worked. This new Evasive Attack... maybe stronger but as far as I can tell its lacking in Variety...

Actually variety seems to be the central theme in what has changed about DoA... everything might get buffed but the over all possibilties and outcomes might be getting reduced.

Radiance

Give everyone decent movement/walk speed. I never understood why Brad Wong and Raidou needed to have movement that made them feel like they're walking under water. It was just unnecessary hindering their movement.

Would like to see the stun system toned down. More emphasis on neutral, players should have to earn stuns (although I realize this is contradictory to some character who rely on the stun game; Helena, Brad Wong, Eliot. I would say give those characters more guaranteed options).

The return of crash club, and exotic stages. DOA5 stages were very tekken/virtua fighter like. Would like to see stages more like DOA4, and DOA2.

Make NH throws breakable. Make it so NH are unbreakable IF AND ONLY IF it's a throw punish.

Oh, make Irene/Sonia playable.. Yep I'm back on this shit again. I tried to start this movement back before DOA5U when everyone was asking for Momiji and Rachel and it flopped.. :(

Lulu

Give everyone decent movement/walk speed. I never understood why Brad Wong and Raidou needed to have movement that made them feel like they're walking under water. It was just unnecessary hindering their movement.

I don't know about Raidou but for Brad Wong I think they wanted players to Flip, Roll and Sway instead of Walking Around... its why Brad's Hurtboxes were wonky as hell in Neutral... not an easy character to hit while he's in Motion.

Would like to see the stun system toned down. More emphasis on neutral, players should have to earn stuns

I thought they did this already... Usually the fastest moves in your Character's Arsenal wouldn't stun on normal hit... it was also difficult to get follow up attacks on low strikes unless it was part of a chain...

I'm not disagreeing... I'm just curious as to what you would like them tweak ?

Make NH throws breakable. Make it so NH are unbreakable IF AND ONLY IF it's a throw punish.

What sort of Throw Break system would you want for The throws that are breakable... ? personally I'm a big fan of VF5's method... particularly with Multi-Throws.

SailorHonoka

And i want them to change kasumi's face because it looks too much like her doa5 face, everyone needs to look different. i know it's still earlyy soo i'm not really worried and also the hair ,something that really pisses me off lol how can kasumi's pony tail be longer then her loose hair and her bangs look just soo messy i don't like her bangs right now need to be straight.her doa 4 model was perfect and also change how the hair is animated it's soo stiff right now.
IMG_4437.JPG

Last edited:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
- Focus on improving the fighting game aspect play including the core mechanics
- Better netcode
- Personal request for Ayane & Momiji to return, but no more ninjas after that (5 is enough)
- Making Kasumi more of a serious warrior (very good strong start)
- Furthering character development & relationships within the story
- Furthering well-known rivalries whether they're friendly or adversarial (ex: Kasumi vs Ayane, Jann Lee vs Zack, Hayate vs Hayabusa, Helena vs Christie)
- Have more characters involved in the main story plot (DOA1, DOA4, & 5 were the best thus far imo)
- Players to become a little bit more serious as a whole for more competition, a little less horseplay for once
- More competition in offline tournament play ie new faces mixed with veterans
- Players become more reasonable about what they ask for (buffs, nerfs, fixes) instead of thinking about what only benefits them, focus on how changes affects the game & characters
- More of an in-depth explanation why Kasumi is staying in the Hayabusa village even though they're actually good friends.

Last edited:

human013

-Better story mode
-Traditional arcade mode with cutscenes and cgi endings so every character has a story.
-Better music
-More detailed stages
-Costume or character customization options

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
yeah, how can they have ass jiggle when DOA characters don't even have booty to begin with
Well... Depends on the outfit and the character but every time I think of mishandled curves in DOA I can't help but think of what they did to :tina: in 5. Like... How are you going to give the girl with the hip-check in her moves no weight to throw around with it lol

SteakHachey

DOA5LR was already technically/graphically great and complete. It is hard to imagine how DOA6 could bring a NEW game which is not a refreshed copycat of DOA5LR. Here is my dream =)

1) INTERACTIVE LOBBY

From my point of view, it could be the most exciting feature.

Basically, you have a little MMORPG-like map where you can move around with an avatar (let's say chibi) in order to choose your game mode or interact with other connected players/friends (profil, ranking, predefined messages, emotes). You can also create a custom private zone (rings). It is something we already see in some fighting game (Dragon Ball Fighterz, Blazblue Cross tag Battle,...).

This is much more human-friendly than just waiting and accepting a fighting request in a empty black screen, or being listed in an ugly lobby array.
I think it's interesting for a online versus game to have an in-game representation of the community (who is playing, how many of them, in which mode, etc) simply more funny. To gather people in a visual in-game way.
It also opens to DLCs business too, other than only costumes (emotes, avatars,...)

People always want more and more content (stages, characters) but sometimes It is worth it to work on this kind of new system too. Also if I want to play a game with a deeper story, I don't play figthing games.
That's why I want this interactive lobby as a priority, IMO.

2) THE OTHERS

A main game for the competitives, by adding:
- Catchy music (menu and character select)
- A real PC port
- Efficient ragequit/cheaters management
- Full costume customisation menu (but not the bodies)
(- Lesser dumb Hitomi)

A side game for the fanservice with:
- Basically all the controversal-too-sexy stuff that should not appear in the main game
- Damn I want a serious multiplayable volley ball and mini games with all the cast

Both games could unlock content for the other (special lobby avatars, win poses, even characters, accessories etc).

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
All I ever wanted added to 5 was:

- True Arcade Boss
- CGI Cinematic Endings (like 3 and 4)
- Color Wheel
- Colorful stages like the Seaside Market

The gameplay has NEVER been an issue with DOA. Some people are skeptical because they thought all of their skill was going to transfer to 6 or that it seems too casual. Just wait for the full game; I hear it's only 10% done so yeah!

PhoenixVFIRE

1) Better netcode

2) Give us more intros and outros for characters and more personal ones between characters who are familiar with each other.

3) More diverse set of costumes. Practical outfits and casual wear are always my favs.

4) Customization: lemme explain, i know many ppl say TN makes most of their money off of DLC but they could still do this with a customization mode. Make a set amount of stuff we have access to and create a loot box system that allows us to unlock more via buying them w/ real money or with in game currency made from playing the game. Even if they didnt go super far, just give us a color wheel and allow us to let characters wear each others outfits or something. It's 2018 and not having a customization option is just unrealistic and dumb.

5) More love given to the guys. Everything from model details to outfits. I was actually happy to see Jann Lee found his nipples this time around. Shirtless option for guy outfits as well.

6) I'd like to see another chinese martial art brought in, something like Baguazhang like Aang in ATLA uses.

7) If you're gonna do a guest character, give us Tifa from Final Fantasy (RIP Monty Oum). And on the topic of adding characters, yall need to be more creative if you're gonna add in more girls cuz they all have same face syndrome I literally cant tell the difference between those new doax girls.

8) More vibrant stages, and more interesting stage interactions. Bring back staircases. Also, bring back a more interactive camera that was in the old doa games. DOA5 always played the same scene whenever you did move transitions (IE Hayabuse's izuna off a roof) I'm pretty sure Master made a video about this a long time ago and I completely agreed.

9) Random but I'd like to be able to customize the music on the stage. It would be cool if start up the match and suddenly a playlist of music I like could start playing instead of the bland in game stage music.

10) Hair needs to be improved on big time, make it thicker and realistic. It just looks so weird and unnatural in game.

11) The interactive lobby from DOA4 was actually fucking lit and ahead of it's time, and could easily be brought back especially with the lootbox idea i said above.

12) I know tag isnt like a big concern for ppl But please give Every pairing a unique tag grab? It's just so bland and lazy to see your character just throw them to ur partner and they do a normal ass counter/grab move. Lame asf.

13) I really hope the Fatal Rush combo is actually cool as fuck compared to the power blows. Some PBs were amazing and others were so bland like... that's all you could come up with for Helena or Leifang's PB?? Ayane's PB was a perfect example of using moves she has but spicing it up with a teleport, it made it badass.

I'm sure there's more I just can't think of anything else at the moment.

EDIT!

14) CO-OP MODE ONLINE. I should be able to tag with a real life friend online on the same console. It's so weird you couldn't do this!

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD