What would you like to see in DOA6?

Cricket

• Customization of some sort would be nice
  • Better PC support, for sure
  • The ability to toggle off some graphical elements (for instance, the blood splatter effect)
  • A new Virtua Fighter for Pai and company (but that's not on TN)

DedUp

Something else I though of is to have more unique character interactions in regular matches. The characters should have more unique things to say to certain opponents during their intros and win poses as well as talk to each other a bit during the match. It doesn't have to be a whole lot, but it's nice when characters acknowledge their relationships to each other in the game.

MasterHavik

Let's see....

A good neutral game.

Safe mvoes on block and all guardbreaks being safe.

Character customization(No more, you unlock a recolor costume).

A better netcode that is rollback and not PtoP crap.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
- God Tier Training Mode (pay no expense)
- Crossplay between xbox1/ps4/PC
- CGI cutscenes
- Tons of intros/outros animations | make it customizable
- Replay/Last Hit Slow Down feature
- Hella Stages/Large stages
- Slope Throws
- Dope af story that isn't anime bullshit

MasterHavik

- God Tier Training Mode (pay no expense)
- Crossplay between xbox1/ps4/PC
- CGI cutscenes
- Tons of intros/outros animations | make it customizable
- Replay/Last Hit Slow Down feature
- Hella Stages/Large stages
- Slope Throws
- Dope af story that isn't anime bullshit
You're not getting that last one. LOL! I do want more intros and outros though. Be nice to bring back some old ones. I really like the win poses for Zack in DOA 2.

Strangerinmytub

-A real PC version. Lobby support, fix the frame problems, equal or better graphics etc.
-Continued support for mods
-Keep replay mode
-Bring back the end of round slow motion replays
-More intros/outros
-Real arcade endings
-If we are losing tag we should get some new mode to replace it. Maybe a new online mode where each player can draft 3 fighters and everytime you lose a fight you lose that fighter
-Some kind of menu system like Blazblue does where you can have an avatar and room or whatever. In-game currency to unlock customization and extras
-More stage interactions

Tyaren

Standard Donor
- An option to deactivate all the silly, new stuff like bruising and clothing damage.
- New imaginative, vibrant stages instead of boring, forgettable new ones and an overreliance on classic stages because they simply can't seem to match those anymore.
- A departure from that gritty, urban, oil rig setting (stages, music, menus) to a more vibrant mix of modern, sci-fi, fantasy, which seems to be exactly their direction fortunately. :)
- A good and equal array of unlockable costumes for each character. 2 defaults and 3 unlockables would imo suffice, but please not 10 for Kasumi, Ayane or Marie Rose and only like 1-2 unlockables for the men.
- Marie Rose and Honoka can return, but please no forced inclusion of them in the story and please no more other obviously sexualized, young teens like them. That creepy niche is now more than filled.
- The addition of another young, male teenager who is more assertive, maybe even cocky, and wild. An anti Eliot basically.
- Let especially the young female character show more personality than being overly anime cute. Let for example Hitomi be more serious and badass again or make Marie Rose actually a little devilish and dark as she once was planned.
- The subsequent addition of other characters, gameplay modes and stages for free. (I know this is a lot to ask, lol, but this is a wishlist after all.)
- Well designed DLC costumes. They imo can add as many bikinis and fetish costumes as they want, but please at least design them well and take the character a little into account. Ask yourself: Would they actually wear that?

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

- An option to deactivate all the silly, new stuff like bruising and clothing damage.
This was in DOA5 why wouldn't it be in 6?

- A good and equal array of unlockable costumes for each character. 2 defaults and 3 unlockables would imo suffice, but please not 10 for Kasumi, Ayane or Marie Rose and only like 1-2 unlockables for the men.
I think in a Japanese interview Shimbori has confirmed a bunch of classic costumes and everyone's DOA5 costume will return so this is likely. The current build of 1 costume 3 colours is apparently just for show.

- Let especially the young female character show more personality than being overly anime cute. Let for example Hitomi be more serious and badass again or make Marie Rose actually a little devilish and dark as she once was planned.
good luck with that, and Hitomi the younger girls? considering the eldest human female in DOA5 is 24/25 she's not that old hell Tamaki is considered "mature" and she's only 22...

- The subsequent addition of other characters, gameplay modes and stages for free. (I know this is a lot to ask, lol, but this is a wishlist after all.)
Again, good luck with that... as the gameplay modes everything from DOA5 except Tag is confirmed so there's that and stages were always free AoT was the only exception because it was a crossover.

- Well designed DLC costumes. They imo can add as many bikinis and fetish costumes as they want, but please at least design them well and take the character a little into account. Ask yourself: Would they actually wear that?
pffft in your dreams buddy let's be real.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
This was in DOA5 why wouldn't it be in 6?

I think in a Japanese interview Shimbori has confirmed a bunch of classic costumes and everyone's DOA5 costume will return so this is likely. The current build of 1 costume 3 colours is apparently just for show.

good luck with that, and Hitomi the younger girls? considering the eldest human female in DOA5 is 24/25 she's not that old hell Tamaki is considered "mature" and she's only 22...

Again, good luck with that... as the gameplay modes everything from DOA5 except Tag is confirmed so there's that and stages were always free AoT was the only exception because it was a crossover.

pffft in your dreams buddy let's be real.

Why are you commenting my wishlist, lol?
This is also not what we think is likely going to be in DOA6 but what we would like to be in DOA6.

Tamaki is considered "mature" and she's only 22...

giphy.gif

Blash

I would love to see:
A lot of unlocks, start with 8 or so characters, 4-6 rounds and EVERYTHING needs to be unlocked. Some stuff easy, so requiring dedication. Outfits, modes, songs, colour schemes, UI customisation... EVERYTHING. Some stuff just finish Arcade mode, others get 10 perfects etc.
Basically I want a lot of replayability.

Also a limited create an outfit mode. This needs to be strict and governed by unloackables too

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I would love to see:
A lot of unlocks, start with 8 or so characters, 4-6 rounds and EVERYTHING needs to be unlocked. Some stuff easy, so requiring dedication. Outfits, modes, songs, colour schemes, UI customisation... EVERYTHING. Some stuff just finish Arcade mode, others get 10 perfects etc.
Basically I want a lot of replayability.

Also a limited create an outfit mode. This needs to be strict and governed by unloackables too
I'm all for this except maybe the locked characters thing, I always felt even when I was 6 playing games that a potential favorite character or one who's your style shouldn't be locked from the start, I'm kind of glad fighters nowadays have everyone unlocked already. I think 5U did a good thing making all the fighters available from the start since the hurdles and titles needed to play as the VFs and Alpha 152 was time consuming and unnecessary imo.

Blash

I'm all for this except maybe the locked characters thing, I always felt even when I was 6 playing games that a potential favorite character or one who's your style shouldn't be locked from the start, I'm kind of glad fighters nowadays have everyone unlocked already. I think 5U did a good thing making all the fighters available from the start since the hurdles and titles needed to play as the VFs and Alpha 152 was time consuming and unnecessary imo.
I do totally understand what you are saying, and to an extent I agree; HOWEVER
Like I said, I think the main characters who need to be unlocked, should be as simple as 10 survival wins, 1 arcade win etc. It gets you to play the other characters and there is a sense of achievement and elevated passion this way.

Tina is, and always will be my favourite. If I found out she was an unlockable character and required ALL standard unlocks first (similar to Helena in... 4? Was it 4 or original 5... I cant remember?), then a tough, strict accomplishment, I would personally LOVE that! I do understand though, that that is my personal feeling on the matter. I love hard earned unlocks. I loved the 3 tough bikini unlocks (not just the bikinis themselves but the challenge) from 5, and I would like to see this sort of thing return on a grander level. I just like the sense of earning certin items in games.

SaihateDYNAMO

DOA has always been about collectable costumes ever since the Saturn port of DOA1 so I don't think an actual "create-an-outfit" mode would fit in with the series... instead, how about a color edit mode? Since each outfit is confirmed to have at least 3 recolors (im so glad they don't take up individual slots anymore!), it could work imo. It could have the ability to change skin, eye, and hair color, as well as patterns like denim, leopard print, stripes, etc. Honestly, as long as it's similar to Street Fighter x Tekken's color edit, I would be happy.

But besides that....

-Make the game overall faster. DOA5 felt... slow to me somehow?
-Music from DOA++ as well as the Dimensions remixes. Those were total bangers, i was kinda shocked they didn't include them in 5.
-Everyone gets a new, original theme. Always thought it was lame how they just recycled everyone's themes from DOA4. Also, less "cinematic" BGM please! Some of the tracks in vanilla 5 could be used as elevator music.
-Bring back the DOA4 lobby system. ArcSys stole it and now people think they were the first to do it lol. The customizable rooms in DOA4 were cute and fun!
-Bring back the "no restrictions" stage design philosophy that DOA used to be all about. Every stage in 5 felt like a boxed-in, enclosed area, which was never the case in the older titles. Seriously, some of the stages that were squares or circles really shouldn't have been that way. Every stage in the older titles truly felt explorable.
-Slopes need to return.
-Better netcode, but that should be a given.
-Fanservice done in a more "tasteful" way. Half of the fetish outfits in 5 did not match the characters and their personalities at all. As someone previously stated, they need to think to themselves if it would be something they would actually wear. DOA2U was the best at this tbh
-Online team battle, preferably with an option similar to KOF XIV's party mode. I also remember being a mode in DOA4 online where you would constantly face a stream of people in the lobby survival-style and whoever beat you would take your place...what was that called again?
-Brighter color palette overall. I was really sick and tired of the doodoo brown look of 5. Glad they're adding a slight splash of color back; but I hope this affects all the stages instead of a select few.
-More intros and winposes. Everyone in 5 had like 2/3 of each lol. I would even take one pose with multiple quotes like what DOA3, 2U, and 4 did.
-A new mature female fighter like Vanessa (both of em lol). Characters like Marie and Hanukkah have had their time to shine.
-This list is getting kinda long so imma stop here lol

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
DOA has always been about collectable costumes ever since the Saturn port of DOA1 so I don't think an actual "create-an-outfit" mode would fit in with the series... instead, how about a color edit mode? Since each outfit is confirmed to have at least 3 recolors (im so glad they don't take up individual slots anymore!), it could work imo. It could have the ability to change skin, eye, and hair color, as well as patterns like denim, leopard print, stripes, etc. Honestly, as long as it's similar to Street Fighter x Tekken's color edit, I would be happy.

But besides that....

-Make the game overall faster. DOA5 felt... slow to me somehow?
-Music from DOA++ as well as the Dimensions remixes. Those were total bangers, i was kinda shocked they didn't include them in 5.
-Everyone gets a new, original theme. Always thought it was lame how they just recycled everyone's themes from DOA4. Also, less "cinematic" BGM please! Some of the tracks in vanilla 5 could be used as elevator music.
-Bring back the DOA4 lobby system. ArcSys stole it and now people think they were the first to do it lol. The customizable rooms in DOA4 were cute and fun!
-Bring back the "no restrictions" stage design philosophy that DOA used to be all about. Every stage in 5 felt like a boxed-in, enclosed area, which was never the case in the older titles. Seriously, some of the stages that were squares or circles really shouldn't have been that way. Every stage in the older titles truly felt explorable.
-Slopes need to return.
-Better netcode, but that should be a given.
-Fanservice done in a more "tasteful" way. Half of the fetish outfits in 5 did not match the characters and their personalities at all. As someone previously stated, they need to think to themselves if it would be something they would actually wear. DOA2U was the best at this tbh
-Online team battle, preferably with an option similar to KOF XIV's party mode. I also remember being a mode in DOA4 online where you would constantly face a stream of people in the lobby survival-style and whoever beat you would take your place...what was that called again?
-Brighter color palette overall. I was really sick and tired of the doodoo brown look of 5. Glad they're adding a slight splash of color back; but I hope this affects all the stages instead of a select few.
-More intros and winposes. Everyone in 5 had like 2/3 of each lol. I would even take one pose with multiple quotes like what DOA3, 2U, and 4 did.
-A new mature female fighter like Vanessa (both of em lol). Characters like Marie and Hanukkah have had their time to shine.
-This list is getting kinda long so imma stop here lol
I really feel they should lump together recolors in one slot tho, its kinda annoying when say for example Leifangs default dress is recolored 4-5 times and takes up slots.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD