What would you like to see in DOA6?

werewolfgold

Does GGPO even work that well with 3D fighters? It'd have to not just calculate and rollback the positioning, attacks, and damage like 2D, but also potentially have to save stage destruction patterns, possible stage transitions halfway through, etc. I don't know what's in the GGPO code, but it sounds a lot more resource intensive.

d3v

Does GGPO even work that well with 3D fighters? It'd have to not just calculate and rollback the positioning, attacks, and damage like 2D, but also potentially have to save stage destruction patterns, possible stage transitions halfway through, etc. I don't know what's in the GGPO code, but it sounds a lot more resource intensive.
Rollback is a form of predictive netcode. Predictive netcode is the basis for all modern netcode (except, apparently, that which is used by 3D fighting games)..

The basic concept revolves around letting the game run without confirmation from the other players (or server) with the game predicting the next state. If it predicts wrong and there's a desync, the game simply rolls back, or snaps to the correct state. This can happen because, at their very core, games are frame state machines - keeping track and rendering objects on a per frame basis. All a rollback does it move the game back to a state that is correct for both players.

delSai

This wont be needed early in the games life, but once they get to 50 or so costumes i want a "sort costumes" feature. If i only buy costume 37 i'd like to have it right underneath the last costume unlocked so i dont have to scroll down all the time.

It would work for putting your favorites on top too.

d3v

I would like to see dedicated servers for each of the game modes. This can reduce overall lag while at same time providing variety for players
Dedicated servers do nothing for fighting games since the combat is peer-to-peer. In fact, servers have a chance to increase lag, since there are now two connections to manage, instead of one.

Fantailler

More DOA stages,the overall quality went downhill with 5 :(

I understand the necessity to tone it down for the competitive scene but it didn't feel like a middleground to me.

I'm leaning toward the competitive aspect but i kind of feel spoiled.

-Rework entirely Ein's animations if he comes back.His karaté is stiff.

-this or #NotMyDoa :)

https://www.google.com/search?q=doa...LsIgL&start=20&sa=N#mhpiv=5&spf=1529677424082

-KINECT !!! Nah i'm kidding.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Still wondering when it comes to music if there will be new character themes? And I'd like to see the themes from DOA2,3,4 etc return too, I'm guessing it would be similar to DOA5 where you can choose stage or character music and then select and change the themes for everything.

Obvious classics that should return -

And so much more since there's so much good themes in DOA.

Also does anyone else think It would be a good idea for a sort of general Doa6 thread just for all speculation, hype on doa6? ( minus any discussion on sexualization because that thread is.... ) With the OP being updated with the latest news and all news in general as a sort of centralized place? Idk, just thinking maybe lol.

mizking

I wanted Tekken style motion blur, that'd be pretty cool, I mean I hated it the first time but it grew on me I mean how cool would it be to see the raft on DOA5s Flow stage have that kind of effect

DIMENSIONS THEMES: Unsure why they weren't involved really

Returning stages:
Seaside Market

DOATEC HK (only this time, the Kasumi clones on the lower part of the stage will have that blue glow)

Scramble, except that the stage is in a sunset layout and there is now a ceiling above the upper floor. Danger Zones still apply.

Kyoto in Bloom, now with a sunset layout, night and day options still available

Monica and Miyako system voice

CG gallery, for ya know, those guys. The gallery consists of remakes of DOA promotional photos of the past.

Other gallery: consists of concept art, arcade openings, and DOAD and 5 cutscenes, there will also be endings from previous titles.

The ability to jump over things again, probably is needed for some stages

An Anime Kasumi origins story recapping the first 5 games and some of DOA 5s scenarios and the leadup to the sixth game. Similar to the FFXV brotherhood series. Available on YouTube and other anime streaming services. English dub exclusive to those services.

A vs loading screen, something that hasn't been seen since the first game. A cross between this

And this

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I hope Kasumi gets this in DOA6, I love the cream white boots how the gloves and frills set it off:oops:

7b450aa77bfed0988591293038795adb.jpg

GarryJaune

I'd love to see for this DOA6 :

- A deeper Story Mode.
- Cool costumes who respect each character personality (so no copy/paste)
- The Stairs throws come back (it was so fun omg !)
- Awesome graphics such as the new Resident Evil ones
- New combos and tons of new moves.
- Xbox One and PS4 playing together.
That last one never gonna happen lol

Shirataki Tsume

It's up to Sony and Microsoft to make the players from PS4 and Xbox One be able to play together because that's beyond Team Ninja's control.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
yeah I always loved that outfit too, It's like right out of the movie Sucker Punch. I wonder If Christie will get her Red trench coat outfit back?
They probably could as her new default tbh xD

Also I want the white storm stage back, while it's not as dark and depressing than say a foggy early morning swamp bed like Tekken 5 had, a snowy stage would be awesome especially if it's heavy snow!!

DOAUThe_White_Storm_1.jpg

DOAUKoku_An_1.jpg

And I also want them to bring back the Iron Hell, the stage isn't really dark or anything but I live for the name xD
Iron_Hell.jpg

Jadeinchains

They probably could as her new default tbh xD

Also I want the white storm stage back, while it's not as dark and depressing than say a foggy early morning swamp bed like Tekken 5 had, a snowy stage would be awesome especially if it's heavy snow!!

View attachment 25218

View attachment 25219

And I also want them to bring back the Iron Hell, the stage isn't really dark or anything but I live for the name xD
View attachment 25220

not sure about it being her default but It is a really nice outfit, It would definitely fit a snowy stage too. I liked her tuxedo outfit too so that would be cool to come back as well.

MasterHavik

Creating outfits for characters would be cool, but they won't add it because they can't DLC now. I want a color editing mode.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD