What's still missing from DOA5 now to be perfect?

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Jesus Christ. Didn't expect so many arguments from something so simple as to what you want in a game, lmao. Of course, we'll all want different things.
(and now someone's going to argue with me over what I just said, FFS.)

but yeah T.J I agree with some things and I don't agree with others. Extra story mode chapters seems fun (come at me)

T..J. Bernard

Can I just be done with this topic. I said my point they said their's. I'm just trying to finish something in regards to my Intro to Mass Communications class. That's all I gotta say.

@Mayor-Of-Mustard Right? Extra story would be cool. I wish this happened with Marie Rose & Honoka when they came out. But We'll see with DOA 6.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

i want 100 more loli characturs and about 50 moar shota characters n one more old guui. i also want ned/chav/gopnik costuuums 4 the entier cast. alzo there are 500 genders so can we at leest be moar diverse? i want my apache attack helicoptur OC as dlc or i will rage
i want a slide stage but onli gen foo can interactwith it. also moar nurse costumes. privat paradise videoz plsss i lovd them
i want patrick star (who identifiez as mayonaisegendur) n shadow the heegheeg (who itentifies as edgegender) in this gaem.

(Grammarly counted 31 errors in this. Pretty sure there's way more)

WAZAAAAA

Hmmmm.......

"The server transmits enough data about its internal state to allow its connected clients to maintain their own accurate version of the game world for display to players. They also receive and process each player's input."

Something I pulled from the web. I guess it's not just for matchmaking. And no I'm not? Hmmmmm....
"lag is a noticeable delay between the action of players and the reaction of the server in a video game." Another thing I pulled from the web. Just saying.
I'm just trying to finish something in regards to my Intro to Mass Communications class. That's all I gotta say.
Did you seriously just google "game server" and copy&pasted the first line of the first result to somehow prove that DOA5LR is not P2P? That is truly impressive.

You didn't even bother to read the article, because if you did, you would've learned that there can be different types of netcodes, such as this one in particular:
In the client/server model outlined elsewhere in this article, clients receive processed data from the server and display it without much thought. In the alternative "peer-to-peer" model there is no server: each "peer" instead receives the raw input streams of each other player and determines the results itself.

TL;DR having the greatest servers in existence would make virtually no difference in DOA5LR

Giannola

3b) No bs scenarios where because the game disconnects me I suffer (I got demoted before because of this BS. This is not a Preference. Its needed)

This isnt a problem, its good game design. Rage quitting in doa rank isnt much of a problem because the game doesn't encourage pulling the plug. It would be a waste of time to do so. There have been other games that dont punish players for disconnecting and all it does is kill rank mode.

The fact that you got disconnected and lost some points is collateral damage, but its needed in order to avoid rage quitting from becoming a thing. So you have to ask yourself: do i want a rank mode where noone plays because they cant get a match due to rage quitting, or deal with the occasional loss of points due to a disconnect.

Also i agree with the idea that online would be much improved if people used a wired connection (although ive said this before it feels like 100 times). Its not rocket science. Log on to psn using wifi and check your speed and then do it with a wire and compare.

T..J. Bernard

Yeah pretty much. A lot of things I end up having to look up. And it wasn't to prove DOA5LR isn't P2P, though it's something that I just learned. It was to prove that servers are more than just for matchmaking. Maybe I misread "the server only acts as a matchmaker." and looked at it as a general statement so I'll hold the L on that (I mean having 3 hours of sleep helps to misinterpret stuff so..) Now so that I don't have to worry about this anymore, I'll hold the L for this and this only: P2P has no server. I looked it up myself after someone put a conversation to me but I digress. No matter what, an L's and L so I'll take that. With that being said, my issue is simple. DOA online isn't good. Whether it's Netcode, someone on wifi, international, or even if someone finds that it's a server issue than that, my biggest problem is DOA online. Now with that being said, anything else I can care less about. People like getting hit by Leifang's shoulders even when she's -11 then that's on them. People like the bro's with 20 costumes that's on them. Agree or disagree with whatever I say then that's on them. This is the last I'm replying in regards to server/netcode/p2p. After that, you'll have to message me or something cause I'm already getting flack for being late for French and missing College TV studio time.

T..J. Bernard

This isnt a problem, its good game design. Rage quitting in doa rank isnt much of a problem because the game doesn't encourage pulling the plug. It would be a waste of time to do so. There have been other games that dont punish players for disconnecting and all it does is kill rank mode.

The fact that you got disconnected and lost some points is collateral damage, but its needed in order to avoid rage quitting from becoming a thing. So you have to ask yourself: do i want a rank mode where noone plays because they cant get a match due to rage quitting, or deal with the occasional loss of points due to a disconnect.

Also i agree with the idea that online would be much improved if people used a wired connection (although ive said this before it feels like 100 times). Its not rocket science. Log on to psn using wifi and check your speed and then do it with a wire and compare.

I can see that part. And I mean I got pissed off with this on Tekken (Which is why I said it's more rewarding to rage quit and get some color that way than to actually play rank. Now even more so cause you can only see the connection bars now.) But I feel that there should be a distinction between someone who rage quits and someone who got disconnected. I got truly enraged when I saw that I got disconnected and my rank went from B (That was my highest rank) to B-. Maybe a pause with the option of quit can be put so that if they quit they can lose an amount (Not too high so the rage quitters don't feel like they lost much.)

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
- Nice little touches to the level design. It felt very bare-boned on that with DOA5. Part of the reason the previous stages were so beautiful had a lot to do with of Itagaki's perfectionist touch. The levels are fine from a gameplay perspective... I just miss beating my opponent through the fruit baskets.

HHH816

it's 2017, should move on with 6..anyone to start to petition to remove the game from psn - xbox store?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well let's see...

-Actual Ps4 graphic models and not just some soft engine shader

-Better stages and more music and legacy music from old games

-More content, like what happened to Tom Lee saying they would likely make other things as DLC besides costumes and characters?

-Bringing the X3 soft engine physics and shaders to LR

Argentus

I know but I said in a way Nicole who ? XD

I call her by her actual name rather than "spartan" as a way to disassociate the character from Halo. I still wish they'd bring her back as a DOA original. I liked her moveset and personality, plus having a huge behemoth of a female character was awesome.

Sotherius

- Improved Netcode.

- Better stage design/more stages.

- Don't know if it is exactly possible in a 3d fighter, but savestates on training mode is handy.

For DOA5LR, those are the only i feel that are actually missing.

KnacKrover

Here's mine....

- An improvement graphics,all characters design, memorable/interactive with stages with action blockbuster vibes and more details that less pixelated.

- Mechanics fighting systems that makes between friendly to new audience and hardcore fans.

- Fixed shitty those bugs (net code is including anyway)

- Arcade endings for entire characters, additional story mode for unlockable characters

- Stage finisher.... I will call "Humiliation/Hillarious Finish" after you used power blow or unlockable attack.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD