Which fighting style do you think is missing from DOA?

T..J. Bernard

I think a pure boxer and kick boxer so far is missing. You can say a swordsman as well but if that's the case, they can easily put any of the ninjas as a swordsman. I think a pure boxer can open ways for some epic dodge moments and side steps. A pure boxer can be good as well. I know Mila has some Kick boxing in her, but she's not a pure kick boxer. She's not like a Bryan Fury. I think those two so far are some fighting styles missing. What other fighting styles do you think are missing?

Lulu

I don't think a pure boxer or kicker will be viable in a game that has a Separate Holds for Mid punches and Mid Kicks....

Mixup wise this would put that character at a disadvantages since the odds that they would get held are 1 In 3 instead of 1 in 4.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I think a dance like style like Lili is missing, one that's very fluid and dynamic.

Marie Rose is supposed to rip her off. Systema is already a bogus style created by a scam artist so they just give it to her in title alone and based her on other characters.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Wing Chun is one of them (lots of people requested this I think), Koen-Ken (Tiger & Swallow / Hǔ Yàn Quán), I guess some Judo, and many of the Shaolin Wushu stuff.

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
It certainly isn't.

at 0:50... look familiar?

Technically this is jujitsu & aikido, which is shown in Momiji's holds and a couple of her throws (I'm aware of the similarities between Jujitsu & Judo, though they are two different things).

Her fighting style in general isn't really Judo. Goh's fighting style from VF5FS is closer to Judo, albeit fairly brutal looking. I.e. it tries to reflect the grappling nature of the sport & discipline.

With that said, I wish that the "aiki-jutsu" aspect of Momiji's fighting style was better represented with some more advanced holds, parries, etc. Her moveset feels too half-assed.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Marie Rose is supposed to rip her off. Systema is already a bogus style created by a scam artist so they just give it to her in title alone and based her on other characters.
Yeah but MR only uses a handful of dance moves from what I saw, she mostly just has moves that look clumsy or klutzy like a child, for example her 2H+K and and BT 2K. For an actual dance style I'd love to see constant elegance and regalia like Lili does, everything she does looks like it doesn't or wouldn't hurt much but she packs quite a punch. MR uses attacks that are designed to loosely simulate the systema style by hitting her opponent and pulling their limbs at the weak points, Lili doesn't really do that, she just spins and flips and it unrealistically hurts her opponent even though she'd logically topple over from the impact

Cold59

I'd like to see just about any animal style kung fu. Dragon, tiger, or preferable monkey style would all be cool to me.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
latest

She appears to have a grapple heavy style in the anime so why not?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD