Who is your main(or best) DOA5 character?

Ace Flibble

That's not going to happen until fibre optic is standard in all countries (and considering basic broadband isn't standard in even half of first-world countries yet, this is decades away). There's a worryingly strong push for everything to move to online 24/7 with more things streaming, games going download-only and more and more game modes relying on a good internet connection. It's silly when most people in the west do not have an internet connection fast enough to stream HD video, let alone play games with minimal lag.

It certainly would be nice if online worked as well as offline does, but that's not going to happen for another 15, 20 years at least. In the meantime, don't worry about online so much. It's mindless button-mashing fun.

ahpo zen

I don't have just one main. I use several hayabusa, Christie and rig. I've recently taken a liking to kokoro though. She is surprisingly fun to play this game

MaxwellMouse

I consider my main, main to be Jann Lee. He is used I first stuck to in DOA4 and now in DOA5. I have been having a hard time adjusting to him in DOA5 but i'm learning. I find it so much harder to get a stun with him. A character I play because they just feel right to me is Eliot. I like Bass in DOA5 as well.

Brute

Standard Donor
I consider my main, main to be Jann Lee. He is used I first stuck to in DOA4 and now in DOA5. I have been having a hard time adjusting to him in DOA5 but i'm learning. I find it so much harder to get a stun with him.
You are an enigma.

UPSFANBOY420

I totaled all of the votes in this thread so far... just because. I did not tally anybody who listed multiple mains. Here is the list ordered by number of votes.

6 Helena
5 Tina
4 Lisa, Mila, Bass, Ayane
3 Jann lee, Leifang, Christie
2 Akira, Hitomi, Hayabusa, Zack, Kokoro, Brad Wong, Kasumi
1 Eliot, Gen fu, Bayman, Rig

Prototype909

I mained Tina in DOA4, still like using her here but Sarah is so appealing to me both design and playstyle wise I just had to use her more.

I also want to use Elliot since he was the first character I ever tried in DOA4.

Mavis

I'm new to the Dead or Alive series altogether but have taken a liking to Kokoro so far. In tag matches I use Kokoro and Lei Fang but I'm still kinda experimenting to see what tag team works for me.

Kayin Amoh

I guess Christie's my main. I'd like to be swapping in and out between her and Tina as I love both characters, but Tina gets me smashed in.

Chaos

LOL just look at my avatar, and I also have more favorites/mains.

Hitomi (again look at my avatar lol Duh)
Leifang
Jann Lee
Hayabusa
Akira (Im trying to master all his moves, yes, even his just knee frame)
Lisa (getting better and better playing as her) :)
Hayate
Kokoro (new main)
Kasmui
Eliot (becoming a new main)
Rig (becoming a new main)
Mila (becoming a main)

Upcoming favorites: Bayman, Gen fu, Tina, Pai, Bass, I need to get back with Christie & Ayane, Brad Wong.
^^^^I can't believe I post something so stupid like this LOL -_-. I'm going to delete this garbage if I can.

So far Hitomi and Hayabusa are the only characters I can use pretty good and I'm getting the hang with Akira. Also thinking about using Leon in offline tournaments since I've came up with some sick combos and guaranteed setups.

I'm going to look into these threads so I can see if I post anymore stupid shit. I was a different person back then. (A goofy one LOL)

Mayor-Of-Mustard

i suck at all of them

nah in all honesty my best ones are Ayane, Nyo (because I mained tengu in doa4), Gen Fu and Rig... and maybe Jacky and Raidou. In all honesty, I can't choose a main, I just chose Ayane for da main thingy because she's my most played character online :p

Kxng Apollo

I actually enjoy using Rig,Sarah,Mila & Jann(here and there) I even tried out Pai and Momiji last night. What I love the most about DOA is the versatility in the characters everybody is good in their own right, it kinda makes it hard to choose who to main since there is potential in every character especially when the time is put into them. If anybody wants to practice add me, I'm usually on playing in lobbies trying to get the feel for the game again.

Last edited:

Gurimmjaw

Well with my time with doa and all I am best with using Jann Lee, Hitomi, Kokoro, Nyotengu and Rachel. fighting games I usually pick the Bruce Lee types and female characters. I also notice the characters I pick are easier to pick up than others.

There a few others I like to get good with like Kasumi but I gave up on her even though she one of my favorite doa characters but just cant adjust to her style.

I main Jann Lee so him and Hitomi I used mostly in doa games and were the most appealing to me when I first got into doa which was DoA3.

So pretty much just use the 5 I mentioned though mainly stick with just 3 so thats Jann Lee, Hitomi, and Kokoro.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD