Who makes the cut in DOA 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Because Rachel was more popular than any of the heavies. People with big-time knowledge say that she's a character that can't be improved upon, and that's not true at all.

Her side-step spin could use more options and they could add string variants and other things like they have any other character. Leon is cool, and I don't want to see him go -- but I would rather have Rachel any day of the week over him because I prefer Bayman and no longer see the purpose of Leon.

They said they want to appeal to their offline tournament players and removing Rachel who has won offline tournaments unlike Leon, and has seen usage from the biggest players in the offline scene; unlike Leon.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong... I like Leon. He's cool in his own right and really took advantage of the environment in DOA5. BUT I have to defend Rachel, and I would pick Bayman, Raidou or Bass over him as well.

Last edited:

Sotherius

We have 26 pins, with the 26th being an extra.

We know that Nyotengu is a preorder bonus dlc, and that Phase 4 is a deluxe edition special prize character. For me, one of the two is the 26th character, and the other is counted as the release roster, it doesn't matter who is who here.

I imagine then, we will have 26 characters total and that we are only missing 3 more characters (at least before the announcement of season passes and dlc characters after nyotengu).

I think, it will be Eliot, Brad Wong and Raidou.

Now, i'm not saying i want those, but TN stated that characters would be in based on story relevance. Raidou is relevant to the plot, he is probably going to be the main boss or one of the main bosses, we see NiCO messing with a Raidou prototype already. Eliot and Brad wong could be in the story just like they were in 5.

Talking about the ones that would get left out.

Genfu: His last addition to the story was stating that he was going to teach Eliot the second part of his martial art, if he did that already, then his whole arc is finished, and honestly, in a good note, he got the money to save his granddaughter, he trained a successor, he would get the happiest ending possible. Now talking about the other possible picks for those 3 spots.

Leon: Leon had no relevance since DOA 2, i doubt that would change now.

Ein: Unless Hayate uses Ein as a disguise, or we get a Hayate clone with Ein's moveset, i doubt Ein will ever be relevant to the story again.

Momiji: Ninja Gaiden character, not much relevant, the feud is between Donovan and the Mugen Tenshin, the hayabusa clan is not related to the plot, but she could be written in the story if they want to put her, as she is following ryu, and helping him in other matters.

Rachel: Rachel is a fiend slayer, is her whole deal, i don't think she will be part of the DOA story unless M.I.S.T starts experimenting with fiend dna and whatnot.

Other characters are even less likely to come back.

To keep my post away from bias and character preference, this is not what i want, is what i think it will happen, the ideal would be all those characters at launch, but honestly, a 24 ~ 26 character pool on launch day is pretty great for a fighting game. And there is still hope of those characters coming later as dlcs, same with guests.

So... I'm calling Raidou, Eliot and Brad wong for the last characters to be revealed before launch. I think those are the ones that makes most sense.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
We have 26 pins, with the 26th being an extra.

We know that Nyotengu is a preorder bonus dlc, and that Phase 4 is a deluxe edition special prize character. For me, one of the two is the 26th character, and the other is counted as the release roster, it doesn't matter who is who here.

I imagine then, we will have 26 characters total and that we are only missing 3 more characters (at least before the announcement of season passes and dlc characters after nyotengu).

I think, it will be Eliot, Brad Wong and Raidou.

Now, i'm not saying i want those, but TN stated that characters would be in based on story relevance. Raidou is relevant to the plot, he is probably going to be the main boss or one of the main bosses, we see NiCO messing with a Raidou prototype already. Eliot and Brad wong could be in the story just like they were in 5.

Talking about the ones that would get left out.

Genfu: His last addition to the story was stating that he was going to teach Eliot the second part of his martial art, if he did that already, then his whole arc is finished, and honestly, in a good note, he got the money to save his granddaughter, he trained a successor, he would get the happiest ending possible. Now talking about the other possible picks for those 3 spots.

Leon: Leon had no relevance since DOA 2, i doubt that would change now.

Ein: Unless Hayate uses Ein as a disguise, or we get a Hayate clone with Ein's moveset, i doubt Ein will ever be relevant to the story again.

Momiji: Ninja Gaiden character, not much relevant, the feud is between Donovan and the Mugen Tenshin, the hayabusa clan is not related to the plot, but she could be written in the story if they want to put her, as she is following ryu, and helping him in other matters.

Rachel: Rachel is a fiend slayer, is her whole deal, i don't think she will be part of the DOA story unless M.I.S.T starts experimenting with fiend dna and whatnot.

Other characters are even less likely to come back.

To keep my post away from bias and character preference, this is not what i want, is what i think it will happen, the ideal would be all those characters at launch, but honestly, a 24 ~ 26 character pool on launch day is pretty great for a fighting game. And there is still hope of those characters coming later as dlcs, same with guests.

So... I'm calling Raidou, Eliot and Brad wong for the last characters to be revealed before launch. I think those are the ones that makes most sense.
The DOA6 twitter already tweeted that Nyo gets the 26th pin. Idk when they tweeted it but I do recall them tweeting it. Nyotengu and Phase 4 are the 26th and 27th character, they’re bonus characters, not core characters that’ll have a role in the story. Since when are DLC characters that you only get when you buy them playable in the story?. It would be quite strange to include phase 4 in the story but not make her a playable character at launch as a core character. Since when did DLC characters ever had a role in the story of DOA? Phase 4 and Nyotengu will be available at release if you preorder the deluxe edition, but they will NOT appear in the story since they’re DLC.

Because Rachel was more popular than any of the heavies. People with big-time knowledge say that she's a character that can't be improved upon, and that's not true at all.

Her side-step spin could use more options and they could add string variants and other things like they have any other character. Leon is cool, and I don't want to see him go -- but I would rather have Rachel any day of the week over him because I prefer Bayman and no longer see the purpose of Leon.

They said they want to appeal to their offline tournament players and removing Rachel who has won offline tournaments unlike Leon, and has seen usage from the biggest players in the offline scene; unlike Leon.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong... I like Leon. He's cool in his own right and really took advantage of the environment in DOA5. BUT I have to defend Rachel, and I would pick Bayman, Raidou or Bass over him as well.
Rachel is a popular character indeed, but shimbori said he doesn’t look at popularity, he looks at the story, that’s why they’re not in.

jellypvdding

if it's between ein and leon. the history of it is: ein only had story mode priveleges in 2. in 3 and 4 he was unlockable. leon only got snubbed in 4 for story mode.

in 5, both of them were dlc, making this the third time ein was 'unlockable' but not playable in story mode and the second time for leon.

so with the push for story in 6:

ein's track record is really bad, haha. they basically ended him before he even started. ein was hayate with memory loss. hayate got his memories back and that was the end of ein as far as we know.

but now isn't it interesting how many 'convenient' things happened in the lab scene in 5. hayate conveniently gets zapped. lisa claims she's changed her evil doctor scientist ways and conveniently tries to get him unzapped. a kasumi clone conveniently appears distracting everyone except lisa. we all know that she's been slim shady. and that girl loves cloning ninjas on a friday night. would she really pass up an opportunity to reboot and perfect project epsilon? lisa's alignment seems kinda like chaotic neutral meets lawful evil. she's been shown to put her goals before morals in dimensions. so they might run with she cloned hayate in the lab when no one was looking and now he's in the story again. haha.

leon on the other hand has a less convoluted tie in that makes him relevant to the story again. he knows zack and they never really explained how. leon's narrative has always been serious. and zack seems to be really good at finessing his way into serious things. they've hinted that zack might show a more mature side to his character in 6 so they could use leon to set that up.

after putting all this mess together, i'm leaning more towards the side of leon making it. even though it was brief, the interaction between zack and him in doa2 merits some kind of explanation. and they're trying to be taken 'seriously' now right? so why not bring back one of the most no nonsense type characters.

(also y'all remember how savage he was in the ps2 trailer? he. came. to. work. bet leifang, helena and grandpa fu were shook after the way he handled them. :p )

juliusxcix

yall are really tryna convince eachother momiji will be in the base roster... i HAVE to laugh. momiji and rachel will be added down the line. theres absolutely no reason for momiji to be in the base roster. brad and eliot for sure. raidou was confirmed with that nico reveal. and the last slot will likely be genfu i guess. idk. the last slot is a toss up but there’s absolutely no way momiji will be in the base roster lmfao. dont hype her up bc yall will just be disappointed.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
yall are really tryna convince eachother momiji will be in the base roster... i HAVE to laugh. momiji and rachel will be added down the line. theres absolutely no reason for momiji to be in the base roster. brad and eliot for sure. raidou was confirmed with that nico reveal. and the last slot will likely be genfu i guess. idk. the last slot is a toss up but there’s absolutely no way momiji will be in the base roster lmfao. dont hype her up bc yall will just be disappointed.
That's what I'm sayin' xD I like Momiji but come on now.... First she's not a pure DOA girl, the devs said they were focusing on core DOA characters for the base roster. Second why add her without Rachel, that would be really strange to do. It would be nice for her to be in this base roster but in this situation you have to think logically if she'll be able to out prioritize Gen Fu a DOA staple, Eliot and Brad who are already confirmed, and Raidou who's already been teased.

I mean it's slightly possible, but I myself won't be surprised if she added as DLC later down the line

jellypvdding

@juliusxcix
check them. check them! CHECK THEM! CHECK! THEM! *shakes the table*
ASDLFJGL! just kidding y'all.

while i can't personally express my controversial stance regarding 'rachel and momiji gate' until the release date cos i gave my word to do as such. you gotta be careful usings words that have an absolute connotation in regards to the matter. :) if the ramiji fc comes for you, it won't be because you don't have a point (their absence in the sample posters implies a very grim fate), it'll be because of the words you used to make your point.

i for one don't find the way you said what you said offensive cos game recognizes game and i would do the same thing. the slang i'm used to being around is designed to be cheeky so i've learned to take strong tea without getting bitter. not everyone is open to that kind of language though (check the pudding in the way i was treated despite my messages ending on a positive/humorous note each time).

that said, props for not holding back any punches, you came to make it clear how you feel and several points were made on this day. SEVERAL. hopefully everyone takes it in stride and appreciates your honest observation of the situation. ;) i on the hand am gagged. yaaas honey.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
We been knew, you don’t have to sprinkle salt on the wound, lmao.

Leifang

The only characters I would like to see come back are Rachel, Eliot, Brad Wong and Gen Fu. Momiji can take a hike she’s seriously overrated. She’s nothing more of a Kasumi slash Ryu in the mix (Yawn boring) I hated the fact she replace the original girls in DOAX3. I never understood why people loved her so much, for myself she lacking originality as a whole. Please don’t come at me, I needed to get this off my chest. P.S. I don’t hate the character, again she’s overrated.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't think Momiji is overrated exactly myself but I do agree she is kinda a Kasumi and Ryu mix, but I just mainly don't see her being a base roster character since she's still a relatively new NGish character.

Plus it would be a smart move to make her and Rachel DLC since popular characters get money xD Why make Gen Fu, a boring old man with no truly interesting design/gameplay or Raidou, a steel cyborg who's somewhat higher execution and slow DLC when you can just make Momiji, a shrine maiden who's not only beautiful but also very easy to use(and has a player base and popularity backing her) and Rachel, a skillgate heavyweight heavy hitting blonde bombshell who's everything western players could love DLC instead? You have to view it from a business perspective with how they're handling it. If Eliot and Rachel were DLC, it wouldn't be hard to figure out which of the two would sell alot more xD

Onryoki

Standard Donor
All this Momiji slander... now I know how Jade felt with everybody making Lisa dead jokes. After the posters that showcased all of the DOA girls it basically has already been confirmed that Momiji and Rachel will NOT be in DOA6 at launch.

DyByHands

Momiji is at least more unique with her playstyle. I really like the jump and double jump stuff. But her and Rachel are too perfect for dlc, they will sell far more than someone like genfu.
And Im sure its been mentioned but brad was already teased by shimbori who talked about a drunken fighter. so he is in.

Ninoasker

All this Momiji slander... now I know how Jade felt with everybody making Lisa dead jokes. After the posters that showcased all of the DOA girls it basically has already been confirmed that Momiji and Rachel will NOT be in DOA6 at launch.
Same. Imagine how we Leon fans feel when hearing everyone saying he’s so irrelevant he’ll never make it into the main roster (and some saying he won’t even make it as dlc)

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Momiji is at least more unique with her playstyle. I really like the jump and double jump stuff. But her and Rachel are too perfect for dlc, they will sell far more than someone like genfu.
And Im sure its been mentioned but brad was already teased by shimbori who talked about a drunken fighter. so he is in.
Actually, looking back at the interview, someone asked if Brad Wong was alive.
E2C09EB2-C7D3-4F92-9B93-0BC844FC5985.jpeg

Shimbori says: “idk if Brad’s alive but there’s someone who enjoys drinking that’s alive, I’m not allowed to say anything specifically. I looked at Rig’s hobbies and it says “Drinking”. Shimbori might as well could have hinted at Rig.
00888194-8F29-4728-BF24-6E77DB08D82E.jpeg

KwonJigglypuff

View attachment 26548
Shimbori says: “idk if Brad’s alive but there’s someone who enjoys drinking that’s alive, I’m not allowed to say anything specifically. I looked at Rig’s hobbies and it says “Drinking”. Shimbori might as well could have hinted at Rig.
View attachment 26549

Rig was already revealed back then.
I think it refered to Christie (who has been seen drinking in DOA5).

zoo

View attachment 26548
View attachment 26549
Brad will be in he made it quite obvious. He would've outright deconfirmed him if not, why even mention that you can't speak on him if he's not? Also he's one of the most unique fighting styles in the game so it's a stupid character to cut

human013

Aren't drunken fighters a staple in fighting game? Kind of like how there has to be that one Bruce Lee character in a fighting game. Even Tekken brought back it's drunk dude so I'm sure Brad is in.

Momiji was cool and all but she didn't feel like a core character even with her connections to the cast. If we go by story relevance, wasn't Momiji just Ryu's sidekick in NG? What can she do in DOA's story when in DOA Ryu is capable of doing everything himself.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Aren't drunken fighters a staple in fighting game? Kind of like how there has to be that one Bruce Lee character in a fighting game. Even Tekken brought back it's drunk dude so I'm sure Brad is in.

Momiji was cool and all but she didn't feel like a core character even with her connections to the cast. If we go by story relevance, wasn't Momiji just Ryu's sidekick in NG? What can she do in DOA's story when in DOA Ryu is capable of doing everything himself.
Maybe develop an independent story line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD