Who makes the cut in DOA 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

human013

Maybe develop an independent story line?
I don't know. She feels too much like a guest character so I can't imagine what she can possibly do in DOA. Which DOA character does she know and interact with besides Ryu? I'm assuming she knows all the DOA ninjas but what is her relationship with them? Outside of tagging along with Ryu in his adventures I can't imagine Momiji doing anything herself in DOA.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't know. She feels too much like a guest character so I can't imagine what she can possibly do in DOA. Which DOA character does she know and interact with besides Ryu? I'm assuming she knows all the DOA ninjas but what is her relationship with them? Outside of tagging along with Ryu in his adventures I can't imagine Momiji doing anything herself in DOA.
She doesn't really have a purpose, her and all the other "new fighters" besides Marie Rose and Phase and Nyo and Mai all share the same generic purpose, to enter the DOA tournament to test their abilities. Basically an excuse to have them in without them really contributing anything to the story.

The story structure doesnt even seem like she'd fit in, if she's supposed to be with the ninjas then she would have been seen in a trailer or shown around the time of her birthday like they did Mila and Ayane. That's definitely signs that she'll be a DLC character down the line since she's not a pure DOA character

SaihateDYNAMO

Momiji and Rachel DLC would sell like hotcakes and I know TN would never pass that opportunity up. Plus, they are both way more popular than the other characters on the chopping block. It helps that they're the only non-guest females missing from the roster too. People WILL buy them.

It would be cool to see a Ninja Gaiden DLC pack with Momiji, Rachel, and Irene/Sonia (yes I still want her) and a "Classic Fighters" pack with Gen Fu, Ein, and Leon. And Shiden as free DLC lol.

KwonJigglypuff

I wouldn't mind Irene provided she gets another makeover, similar to her original appearance.

But honestly i'd rather have true DOA characters and more males (fast-hitting and elegant ones).

zoo

Gen Fu is sorta the jigglypuff (smash) of doa. Has every reason to be cut but is a pure legacy pick from the first game. Compared to most fighters doa is very generous with keeping its roster so I think they'll all make it eventually, but I'd even bet gen fu being in at launch.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Does anyone want to place a bet with me that Raidou is not confirmed or coming? I'll bet the first costume pack. Because "basically" doesn't confirm anything.

When Shimbori said "I pick because of story." Something @Onryoki brings up a lot. It's not actually an answer more than it is an easy way out, because Momo and Rachel could easily be infused into the story, especially with how some of these other bonus dlc characters from DOA5 have been plugged in.

If Marie Rose can be Helena's servant, Momo could easily just be Ryu's... And with Rachel's fiend hunting history, she could be either tested on or help slay a boss in the story.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Does anyone want to place a bet with me that Raidou is not confirmed or coming? I'll bet the first costume pack. Because "basically" doesn't confirm anything.

When Shimbori said "I pick because of story." Something @Onryoki brings up a lot. It's not actually an answer more than it is an easy way out, because Momo and Rachel could easily be infused into the story, especially with how some of these other bonus dlc characters from DOA5 have been plugged in.

If Marie Rose can be Helena's servant, Momo could easily just be Ryu's... And with Rachel's fiend hunting history, she could be either tested on or help slay a boss in the story.
But Marie Rose is a fully original DOA character tho, Momiji and Rachel don't really have a part in the DOA story. The other "bonus" DLC characters you mentioned in case you're referring to Nyo and Phase 4 and Honoka, they're also original(not so much Phase physically or Honoka and Nyo mechanically) and already have a place in the story to a degree being new characters and all. Momiji and Rachel may be "new" style wise in DOA but they're not fully new DOA characters tho and don't really serve a purpose like how most guest/collab characters normally don't.

I think they could have a place in the story, but since they're not pure DOA characters at their core, they would probably be post launch story content like how Tira is handled in SC6 and how the newcomers have their little story scenarios in SFV

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
But Marie Rose is a fully original DOA character tho, Momiji and Rachel don't really have a part in the DOA story. The other "bonus" DLC characters you mentioned in case you're referring to Nyo and Phase 4 and Honoka, they're also original(not so much Phase physically or Honoka and Nyo mechanically) and already have a place in the story to a degree being new characters and all. Momiji and Rachel may be "new" style wise in DOA but they're not fully new DOA characters tho and don't really serve a purpose like how most guest/collab characters normally don't.

I think they could have a place in the story, but since they're not pure DOA characters at their core, they would probably be post launch story content like how Tira is handled in SC6 and how the newcomers have their little story scenarios in SFV

Because of their attachment to Ryu Hayabusa they are not mere guests. They have been intertwined with the Team NINJA universe for years...

I think you need to check out the definition of original:

"Present or existing from the beginning; first or earliest."

In this adjective definition of the word Marie Rose is not original at all, but Rachel is in the sense of Team NINJA's world because she appeared in the reboot of Ninja Gaiden. So in that sense Rachel is more original than Marie Rose. Which also means if Genfu isn't in the game... how fucking stupid.

Here is another definition:

"created directly and personally by a particular artist; not a copy or imitation."

So they all apply to this one...

Then there is this one:

an eccentric or unusual person.

This applies to Rachel too as she is the only female heavy in the game. Marie Rose I guess is unusual because she is tiny and has no... nvm.

AND to make it sink in even further since you said "original for DOA." Rachel's move-set technically came from DOA4's spartan. So EVEN there even as a NINJA Gaiden character she is more original than Marie Rose as a DOA character!

SO with that being said, does anyone want to take on my bet or continue this debate out further?

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Because of their attachment to Ryu Hayabusa they are not mere guests. They have been intertwined with the Team NINJA universe for years...

I think you need to check out the definition of original:

"Present or existing from the beginning; first or earliest."

In this adjective definition of the word Marie Rose is not original at all, but Rachel is in the sense of Team NINJA's world because she appeared in the reboot of Ninja Gaiden. So in that sense Rachel is more original than Marie Rose. Which also means if Genfu isn't in the game... how fucking stupid.

Here is another definition:

"created directly and personally by a particular artist; not a copy or imitation."

So they all apply to this one...

Then there is this one:

an eccentric or unusual person.

This applies to Rachel too as she is the only female heavy in the game. Marie Rose I guess is unusual because she is tiny and has no... nvm.
Tbh I feel like you and whoever in general wants Rachel and Momiji in are kinda trying to look for any loop holes or technicalities on why they'll be in the base roster which is fine since I understand when you like a character, but to put it simply, I just don't feel like they'll be in the base game, they're not really original since they were already established and made for NG, Rachel being an exclusive weight in the game I don't feel really helps her case. They may be original moveset wise(more or so Momiji since she has more unique strikes while Rachel uses alot of recycled Spartan and other attacks and Momiji also uses alot of recycled attacks) but as characters not so much.

As DLC I can see them returning tho since they're not in the same boat as the VFs, Mai, or Naotora is

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Tbh I feel like you and whoever in general wants Rachel and Momiji in are kinda trying to look for any loop holes or technicalities on why they'll be in the base roster which is fine since I understand when you like a character, but to put it simply, I just don't feel like they'll be in the base game, they're not really original since they were already established and made for NG, Rachel being an exclusive weight in the game I don't feel really helps her case. They may be original moveset wise(more or so Momiji since she has more unique strikes while Rachel uses alot of recycled Spartan and other attacks and Momiji also uses alot of recycled attacks) but as characters not so much.

As DLC I can see them returning tho since they're not in the same boat as the VFs, Mai, or Naotora is

See there is a difference between making clear definitions and simply feeling. In the case of being original and the others not; you are completely wrong. You may "feel" that her being heavy doesn't help her case, but it actually does. AND with this demo we will just use numbers instead.

There are TWO heavies in DOA6 both being male. This game prefers female fighters so there should be at least one heavy female. She even has a better chance than Momiji in this regard because she further balances out the types of fighters in the game. NOW if Momo is announced and Rachel isn't, this is solid proof that the DOAX3 voting thing did help with creating the roster for DOA6.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
See there is a difference between making clear definitions and simply feeling. In the case of being original and the others not; you are completely wrong. You may "feel" that her being heavy doesn't help her case, but it actually does. AND with this demo we will just use numbers instead.

There are TWO heavies in DOA both being male. This game prefers female fighters so there should be at least one heavy female. She even has a better chance than Momiji in this regard because she further balances out the types of fighters in the game. NOW if Momo is announced and Rachel isn't, this is solid proof that the DOAX3 voting thing did help with creating the roster for DOA6.
If you feel like they're going to be in the base roster then that's fine, we'll see in the next reveal even tho I personally doubt it xD

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I've given plenty of logical reasons as to why they should. What I did feel was that your arguments were lacking in that very same department and you were just trying to be a DOA mark with what's the most popular.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I've given plenty of logical reasons as to why they should. What I did feel was that your arguments were lacking in that very same department and you were just trying to be a DOA mark with what's the most popular.
Nope, I was just stating how I felt and what I likely thought was going to happen. I actually thought your argument was lacking as well, but we'll just have to see who's revealed for the last base slots

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Nope, I was just stating how I felt and what I likely thought was going to happen. I actually thought your argument was lacking as well, but we'll just have to see who's revealed for the last base slots

See... that's what I don't like about you. My argument covered every base it needed to, but you're blind as a bat and looking for the last word even if you don't really have anything to say other than you disagree...

UpSideDownGRUNT

I was pro Momiji making the roster before, but if she was in there's no way she wouldn't have a poster in the Japanese CE and she doesn't. In fact the fact we have all the poster designs revealed kinda shows that the female roster is probably done in general.

Momiji will probably show up as a story NPC and nothing more at launch and either added as paid DLC or in the inevitable rerelease.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Says the players that already have their mains secured. If I see some bs I gotta call it out and defend my character for the hopes of her survival. I've already accepted Alpha, and I will not risk the chance of Rachel going too.
Honey, just like you I want Momiji and Rachel too, I was just as upset when I found out Momiji hasn’t been revealed yet after all this time. But we gotta be realistic, Momiji and Rachel would’ve gotten a poster if they were in, they’ll most likely become DLC. I understand why you’re upset, I’ve been there too ❤️ P.S when I mention the story, which I do “a lot” according to you, I always defend Momiji and Rachel, just like you I want them in over Grandpa and Pedophile.

P.P.S why even debate with somebody who refuses to pull his head out of his ass.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD