Who makes the cut in DOA 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Brad Wong is already gonna be in, they already confirmed that basically in an interview Shimbori or someone did xD the people I believe won't come back is still Ein, Gen Fu, Rachel, Momiji and Alpha 152, Leon I think they'll try to lump into the story somehow since they seem to be focusing on the pure DOA characters they know still have a plot

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
To me it doesn't make much sense that they are investing into the game being an "esport" title and would use story as excuse to not fill them in.

All of the characters you mention are ones that I enjoy playing as. A lot of them were enjoyed competitively offline, and will hopefully be DLC if that disturbing prediction is true.

juliusxcix

To me it doesn't make much sense that they are investing into the game being an "esport" title and would use story as excuse to not fill them in.

All of the characters you mention are ones that I enjoy playing as. A lot of them were enjoyed competitively offline, and will hopefully be DLC if that disturbing prediction is true.
meninist

werewolfgold

Yeah, I hadn't thought about it but maybe the 25 costumes in the deluxe edition is 24 + P4 and Nyo doesn't get a costume. But, it seems inconceivable for them not to try to give Nyo an extra costume.

...Unless there are just selling that one separately which is a total TN thing to do.

Boogie

im pretty sure its 25+2 dlc.

if we learned anything with team ninja, its all dlc characters are going to come with their own set of dlc costumes.

and has anyone seen honoka use any of raidou's moves in doa6 so far? she might be a clue of who is and who isnt included.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Can someone link me the interview confirming Lisa?
It’s literally on the front page, the interview with Matt ponton.

Brad Wong was never confirmed, someone asked if he was alive. Obviously he is alive but with his VA passing away he might be added later to the game

Last edited:

just_me

Standard Donor
Brad Wong was never confirmed, someone asked if he was alive. Obviously he is alive but with his VA passing away he might be added later to the game

They heavily teased him in the recent Dualshockers interview:

There are definitely are many characters that we still haven’t announced yet, and that people are looking forward to. For example, there is a female wearing Japanese traditional clothing, or someone who is kind of drunken in their movements.

Given that they already teased 4 characters (Brad, Lisa, Kokoro, and new girl), I could see them have another reveal before the DoA Festival in November… probably better to space it out a little more instead of doing another 4 character dump like TGS.

But on the other hand… they teased Kokoro and Lisa only to reveal 3 different characters a few days later, so who knows? XD

Onryoki

Standard Donor
They heavily teased him in the recent Dualshockers interview:

Given that they already teased 4 characters (Brad, Lisa, Kokoro, and new girl), I could see them have another reveal before the DoA Festival in November… probably better to space it out a little more instead of doing another 4 character dump like TGS.

But on the other hand… they teased Kokoro and Lisa only to reveal 3 different characters a few days later, so who knows? XD
Hmm I hope Momiji will make it, I’m so afraid of her not joining

Last edited:

just_me

Standard Donor
Huh? I even quoted the relevant part:
There are definitely are (sic) many characters that we still haven’t announced yet, and that people are looking forward to. For example, there is a female wearing Japanese traditional clothing, or someone who is kind of drunken in their movements.

SaihateDYNAMO

Remember when fighting game devs would add characters regardless of their relevance to the story :/

Btw i don’t think they’re going to cut Leon again, wasn’t there a lot of backlash to that in vanilla 5? Him, Genfu, and Ein could easily be hidden unlockables like they were in 4. If any DLC were to happen, I could see Momiji, Rachel, and Alpha (as well as any other new/guest characters).

P2p1mbs

While I am starting to doubt Momiji and Rachel making it in for the base release, I still feel like unlike Gen Fu, Ein and Leon, they actually can still play a role in the story so they could make it in but its not impossible for them to be part of a Ninja Gaiden DLC character pack (and if Nyo and Phase would have their own story modes despite being DLCs, then those 2 can have addon stories as well*) not long after release. It is worth remembering that Rachel was added specifically to replace Nicole 458 from DOA4 so there is a small chance they would want to bring her (and by extension Momiji) back to keep her role as the heavyweight girl.

And if Gen Fu, Ein and Leon don't make it in the base release which I personally expect, they can be a part of a Legacy character pack since they no longer play a role in the story (I know Ein is Hayate who does play a role, no need to point that out, I mean Ein the playable character).

Raidou and Alpha could likely come back as well in a boss character DLC (probably along with Genra or a new character replacing him).

*which could finally end the argument that they are guests by actually playing a role in the story

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD