Who will be cut in DOA6?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
There is also the expansion of DOA6U++++++++++++++++++. There is hope for returning characters however I do have a strong feeling that some won't return in the vanilla version but possibly in the upgrade.

As for the hopeless dreams of no guests. You'll be seeing them in DOA6/7/8/9/10 because why wouldn't you put them.

Boogie

i don't see them cutting any characters aside from the guest characters and alpha. nyo will be worked into the story. raidou will probably be re-introduced as the next boss. mila is tied to tina's story now. i doubt they'd cut leon, again because the outrage the first time. momiji is in Xtreme 3 which solidifies her (and ima assume rachel) into the cast as main characters so they'll probably be worked in. plus comes doa6 means more space and more things to do so if they did cut characters, all they'd do is replace them with more. remember; nicole was a guest character and now rachel pretty much has her move set + more.

P2p1mbs

Why? Kasumi and Phase-4 have both special effects during/after many of their moves, on the other hand, Naotora doesn't have all those special effects, just hmm... 4 attacks with them lol.

Have you never done her power blow? At least Kasumi and Phase's power blows don't have a special background. It's just one of the many reasons why I don't like :naotora:.

Radiance

Alpha hopefully, sick of her shit. Lisa, is supposedly dead. Maybe Gen Fu, Leon, momiji and any dlc character except Phase4 and Marie Rose are my first guesses. DOA6 needs more character conflict. I know it's a tournament, but too many characters are just "there". It's not like they don't know each other.

KwonJigglypuff

Wouldnt it be better for Hitomi to get it? She already has a lot of similar moves, just give her his moves that she doesnt have yet.

Hitomi and Ein don't follow the same philosophy. Ein is straight-forward (one strike!) and Hitomi is a mix-up character. Ein feels so different.

Hayate on the other hand is a bit boring imo. He could be the first character in DOA with 2 movesets. The way Lisa experimented on him at the end of DOA5 could make him schizophrenic somehow. This would give Ein a new part in the story.

HHH816

i don't surprise if hayate got cloned too, he's in the copying machine long enough in the final chapter

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Hitomi and Ein don't follow the same philosophy. Ein is straight-forward (one strike!) and Hitomi is a mix-up character. Ein feels so different.

Hayate on the other hand is a bit boring imo. He could be the first character in DOA with 2 movesets. The way Lisa experimented on him at the end of DOA5 could make him schizophrenic somehow. This would give Ein a new part in the story.
I honestly think it's the opposite. As of DOA5 Ein is more reliant on spacing and zoning and it's tougher to win with him because he's so limited. Hitomi however is way more straightforward, she has no major gimmicks aside from throwing out the occasional 2H+K and she plays more aggressively.

I think Ein could return but they'll have to refine his moveset, it's basically atm like they ported his Dimensions moveset into 5U and didn't properly tune it to fit the system while everyone else was

KnacKrover

They are secret lovers since 2000.

Remembered LR lunch trailer (also arcade version) that they showed BayLeon are rival/luv interested (thanks for some motivation pair's name) as they're REALLY related to each other.

I'd rather to be screen writer for DOA6 for every characters background, also gives the ideas for costumes, stages, and game systems.

synce

I think DOA6 will be a crossover F2P mobile card game... but the catch is, all the guys have been replaced with female equivalents. Jane Lee, Baywoman, etc.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Judging from what I've heard about 5 vanilla's planned roster there will be no character cuts (aside from guests) unless TK forces an early release. 5 Ultimate release roster was the initial planned roster (basically the whole cast before the DLC characters).

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Gen Fu (Eliot will get his moves)
Alpha (Phase 4 will get her moves)
Ein (Hayate will get his whole moveset)

I really don't think this will happen with Gen or Alpha because they are both popular characters to use competitively. If they were going to ditch Gen, they probably would have done so with DOA5. Now it's too late the way I see it.

Also to top it off Genfu is an OG -- and if someone doesn't like Eliot (like me) they have BAMF to choose from instead. I don't care if BladeZ took him to the lab and mastered him, I will always see a little bitch.

Alpha's popularity also went from being a super fun bonus character to a highly efficient character in competitive play. No character in the game went from rags to riches like she did. I honestly hate Phase 4 and would hope for the sake of unique designs that Alpha is kept and Phase 4 is kicked to the curb.

TheDragonAwakens

I believe Alpha 152 will definitely be gone because she's dead.

Guest characters will definitely be gone. (Bye Naotora and Mai, I won't miss you)

From the looks of Gen Fu, it looks like they are going to cut him due to Eliot's chapter in DOA5. I really hope it does not happen but it's not looking good from him.

Honoka and Marie Rose, as much as I hate them, will definitely stay due to their popularity.

Momiji and Rachel? I'm actually not sure about that. Momiji definitely could be play a part in the DOA6 story because he is Busa's apprentice and a Hayabusa kunoichi, but it's very hard to say. They could also make her an unlockable character. Rachel has a lower chance to stay because she really isn't that close to Busa as Momiji is, and she is also less popular.

From the previous DOA games, Ein and Leon has always returned, except DOA5 du e to time constraints. So I believe that they will return to DOA6, unless Koei decides to be a dick to TN once more and force an early release. And both of them are cool, because Leon wrecks shit and throw people all over the place and for Ein, his personality and the fact that he is S Tier in time attack mode.

Chapstick

Not sure about Naotora, if a guest is popular enough they can always be added again
Is Naotora popular? Like no tea no shade no pink lemonade I have no clue since they haven't done a popularity poll with her in it but her reception didn't seem that good and not too many people use her from my experience online.

Tho out of all the guests aside from Momiji & Rachel she probably has the best chance of coming back since they own the rights to her unlike Mai and the VF's. If she does hopefully they'll expand her moveset and make it better.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD