Who will win DOA6?

David Gregg

Okay so let me get this straight. These were 5's contestants (the ? means I'm not sure):
Jann, Hitomi, Lei Fang, Eliot, Brad?, Mila, Kokoro, Tina?, and Bass?.

The non-participants: There are 4 VFs , Alpha, Gen Fu who was just hiding out in China during all of this, Lisa+Christie+Rig who work for MIST, Bayman who's trying to find P4, Helena and Zack who are running the tournament, all 4 main ninjas were out, Momiji+Rachel+Ein+Leon weren't added til 5U so they missed the tournament and 5UA add-ons MR and P4.

Even if you include the questionable participants that's only 9 fighters out of 31.:eek: That's pretty crazy if you think about it for a game originally based on the dead or alive tournament.

Rawbietussin

Tina's entry wasn't questionable. She made a promise to Mila to see each other in the finals after their exhibition match even though it didn't materialized because both of them got eliminated by Bass and Hitomi.

That aside, I do find it odd how there are less and less tournament fighters now (I blame how Dimensions retold 1-4's story). The serious story took a lot of the characters involved, even ones that should have just stayed in the tournament because they have no personal deals with MIST/Donovan, like Zack for example. He has nothing to do with the serious story apart from saving Helena. What they could have done is probably let Zack have the free will to enter the tournament despite working for Helena.

On the other hand, you got characters like Kokoro who has potential to take part of the serious story due to her connections (Her half-sister is president of DOATEC while her mother is head of DOATEC Japan and has connections with MIST) but has absolutely no idea about it and is participating the tournament instead.

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

I know Bass defeated him but Zack's entry in the tournament wasn't explained well for some reason.

Half of the time he was sending out invites to the fighters while fetching the ninjas up on the chopper that you couldn't tell he was officially a tournament character. During the time that Bass fought him, Zack was simply setting up the stage. I don't think that encounter would have been counted though.

Xernuht

Zack was the host of DOA5. He only challenged the potential competitors prior to the tournament.

Grimace

What implies Leifang won that fight in DOA4?

Yea, if you play doa 4 it doesn't ever show leifang beating jann lee, and tbh it makes no sense that she does with what happens afterwards (Jann Lee would have been crushed vs Jann Lee being a badass)

I looked it up online too and everything says jann lee won though, so maybe I misinterpreted it...:confused:

Number 13

Assuming that the ninjas and other plot important characters that know DoA tournaments are a sham won't enter again it would have to be either...

- Jann Lee: He is strong that even Hayabusa acknowledged, but unlikely he will made to win twice in a row.
- Hitomi: she got 2nd place and even Ayane acknowledged her strength, but doubt she will take it since it feels like she reached her limit recently.
- Eliot: been training hard in his travels with Brad and seems to be getting more teachings from Gen Fu so he seems to be a worthy adversary in the future)
- Mila: I don't know...she seems too green compared to the other doa fighters. She has enthusiasm but she seems to be out of her element.
- Lei: She gets bopped by Jann Lee all the time and Hitomi always seem to have the edge over her so unlikely. She is more interested in Jann then the tournament anyway.
- Bass: He shows little interest in DoA anymore because he wants the "youngsters to have a shot" and would only compete if Tina decides too and even then he doesn't seem to want to win, but get her daughter under control.
- Leon: He can be a serious competitor if he ever shows interest in DoA tournaments again, but that has yet to be seen.
- Zack:...yeah Zack is a great fighter in his own right, but lately he turned himself into a joke Helena servant. It would have to be luck and DQ wins for him to win.
- Tina: She doesn't seem to have the desire to win, but more about entertaining herself and the audience.
- Gen Fu: Assuming he doesn't pass with old age he has no desire to enter DoA again now. More interested in raising Eliot as his protege.
-- Brad: Maybe if he gave a single fuck and wasn't drunk half the day he can be another serious contender. He didn't seem intimidated at all when Jann was roughing him up.

After some analysis under those conditions from biggest to least likely my top 4 picks will be either
1. Eliot (He has potential for further growth by DoA6, has come far since DoA4 especially when Ayane acknowledged him)
2. Hitomi (Still a strong fighter with tough determination, but always seem to be just out of reach of winning tourneys)
3. Jann Lee (Certainly has proved his strength in the past and still in his prime)
4. Leon (Wildcard, he certainly
doesn't lack power, but he needs a motive to enter and more importantly win for him to have a shot.)

Last edited:

Grimace

I don't see how Leon could ever hope to win since he couldn't even win DoA 3, and all the other contenders have only gotten much more skilled.

So unless there is some comeback reveal that Leon was training super hard core since DoA 3 (Seems unlikely given the lack of motivation after his end scene in 3) there really isn't any chance. And quite possibly he isn't even as strong as Eliot in DoA 4 - Leon is quite possibly in the bottom 3 for least capable fighters.

Although I love Leon so hopefully he was training >:3

Brute

Standard Donor
I don't see how Leon could ever hope to win since he couldn't even win DoA 3, and all the other contenders have only gotten much more skilled.
The ninjas won in DOA3. The ninjas don't compete anymore. Other people now have a chance when before they didn't.

So unless there is some comeback reveal that Leon was training super hard core since DoA 3 (Seems unlikely given the lack of motivation after his end scene in 3) there really isn't any chance. And quite possibly he isn't even as strong as Eliot in DoA 4 - Leon is quite possibly in the bottom 3 for least capable fighters.
Although I love Leon so hopefully he was training >:3
Well at least in the gameplay department, Leon's training paid off a ton. He's stronger than ever in DOA5U.

Jaguar360

To add to what Brute said, the DOA5U website said that Leon was training in the desert this whole time since DOA3. He will be a force to reckon with if he decides to join the tournament again.

On another note, I don't think Jahn Lee will join again. He has finally overcome the challenge of the DOA tournament and only one more challenge awaits him at the moment: defeating Rig. He will probably get dragged into the M.I.S.T. plot trying to defeat Rig and may even get assistance from the ninjas and such. It's about time that he and Ryu met up again.

Number 13

Ah now that you mention it yeah that is true Jann didn't even accept the trophy/victory celebration since he left in disappointment. He could very well not enter the next one because he develops an obsession with Rig and other strong fighters so can finally get to sit in the big boy table for DoA 6.

Last edited:

Grimace

I've never thought about Jann not even entering doa6... but you guys are right it sounds very possible!

It would be cool to see a situation in where Jann Lee cannot defeat Rig without MIST enhancing his body, so Jann agrees to undergo the change and becomes stronger than most of the ninjas and stuff :p

Juihau

...Wait, what? You mean, like, Jann Lee Lambda? If they keep adding Greek letters to the series, they're gonna run out eventually, y'know.

Last edited:

FatalxInnocence

Rachel or Momiji. Momiji actually wants to enter the tournament to test her strength- Ryu is her teacher... enough said, and Rachel... well she's not even completely human so she's already got edge over everyone who isn't a ninja.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD