DOA5U Why do you main Ayane?

bingsoo

I understand that FSD is purposed for competitive discussion, but for the sake of general Ayane talk and fun, I wanted to start this thread. I'm sure that frame data and tools aren't the only factors that influence why people choose to main certain characters. Why do you main Ayane? Do you only care about play style and character performance, or are there other factors that made you choose this character over the others?

For me, I saw a ninja in purple and black and I was intrigued. Although I don't care much for story in fighting games, Ayane's badass and I-don't-give-a-fuck attitude was more appealing than some of the other squeaky characters in the game. I also like how she chooses to slap her opponents instead of punching them. Lastly, her inclusion in the Ninja Gaiden games had me sold.

In terms of gameplay, I really like her whiff punishment tools and the diversity of her options.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I always play a character whose play style is fitting for me. In Blazblue, it was Tsubaki, in SF4 it was Cammy. And in DOA, it's Ayane. I try to learn how to utilize everything my character has to offer to the best of their ability and my own. And overtime, my character will grow on me, and that is when I begin to start paying attention to their in-game background of the game's story.

Oh, and I've always been fond of the color purple, so that's another reason why I picked this character up, lol. From a story perspective, I really admire this character. Due to everything she's gone through and overcome to become who she is in the game's story today (assuming people know this game's history, Ninja Gaiden included). Aside from Megaman, X and Zero, Ayane is my favorite female video game character, period. And is another iconic character for Team Ninja.

From a game play perspective, I love practically everything in her arsenal, topped with her evasiveness and ability to be massively confusing for her opponents "when played correctly and in capable hands". Her ability to play stun -> launch and performs very well at whiff punishment, while also always having solid damage output.

bingsoo

I always play a character whose play style is fitting for me. In Blazblue, it was Tsubaki, in SF4 it was Cammy. And in DOA, it's Ayane. I try to learn how to utilize everything my character has to offer to the best of their ability and my own. And overtime, my character will grow on me, and that is when I begin to start paying attention to their in-game background of the game's story.

Oh, and I've always been fond of the color purple, so that's another reason why I picked this character up, lol. From a story perspective, I really admire this character. Due to everything she's gone through and overcome to become who she is in the game's story today (assuming people know this game's history, Ninja Gaiden included). Aside from Megaman, X and Zero, Ayane is my favorite female video game character, period. And is another iconic character for Team Ninja.

From a game play perspective, I love practically everything in her arsenal, topped with her evasiveness and ability to be massively confusing for her opponents "when played correctly and in capable hands". Her ability to play stun -> launch and performs very well at whiff punishment, while also always having solid damage output.
Makoto Nanaya for me in Blazblue lol. I'm still looking for a main in P4A, but I'm playing a lot of Akihiko.

Ghpguy

Because when I first saw her on the Dreamcast's Doa2 demo laughing about supposedly assassinating Helena's mother I was captivated by how insanely badass she was. XD

And her fighting style is top bollocks

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Besides her being a ninja & her style in general & her personality & me being able to relate to her, & every obstacle she's overcome, she fits my play style & my motto. My motto: Speed kills. My style: Rushdown & baiting people into whiffing. She's a great defensive character with a ton of offensive mixups (though that's not what kind of character she is). She makes you whiff foolishy & she's hard to stop. With her having damaging combos to follow up with, that makes it even better! She can do whatever she wants. Practically can play an all-around game when fighting. I always have liked-- no loved her besides Kasumi. She's always been solid character. I been trucking with her with Kasumi since DOA2 (DOA1 to PS1). I also like her in the ninja gaiden series.

Edit: I main both her & Kasumi & really excited to use them in offline events when the time comes.

Chainedsniper

Quite a few reasons. I would say the main reason is I played DOA alot with my cousin and I personally liked Kasumi/Ayane the most. (Ninjas and I guess looks). In the end it was actually similar to XDest, Purple and Spinning lol. (Ninja Gaiden probably had a small effect as well as Hayabusa is my second favorite character)

HiguraShiki

I main Ayane personally because
1) I like her character
2) I like her really sarcastic Japanese voice
3) She is probably the easiest character for me to win with.
Ayane pretty much has all the tools you need to win. Almost every move can lead to a nice combo, she has pretty good launchers, stylish juggles, 236K is really great, her taunts are fun, she has lots of moves that transition into spins, which opens a lot of doors. For example, from P+KP you can either land a K, land a 2K, cancel the K and either go into a combo or grab, etc.

She's a Unique Character, Have Always Been My Main Characters All This Years,
Her Mix Up Moves Could Really Keep Making The Opponents Guessing,
I Don't Think In a Real World Anyone Can Really Keep Spinning That Much As Ayane Does, Haha!
Purple Hair, Sarcastic Cuteness, Pretty Eyes And With Such Babyface, How Could We Not Love Ayane =D
After All Why She's My Main, Her Fighting Style Suit My Preference. =D

Lance

When I first touched the doa2 demo my brother had for Dreamcast, she was 1 of 2 characters we could use in the demo, and ever since that day I fell in love with her and her playstyle. Her mixups are insane, the ability to be offensive while playing defensive, "she's super tricky and can be really hard to play against and predict if one knows how to use her right" so people tell me HA =P, but yeah been an Ayane main since the first time I played that doa2 demo all those years ago at my bro's house, love everything bout her down to her look, her personality, her story, and of course her playstyle; for those Ayane haters out there, she aint broken, she just spins a lot... HOLAT!!!!

Side note: She was my first video game girl crush haha, I was sprung I aint gon lie LOL, don't judge meh! XP

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Throwing this out here: A lot of people play Ayane in tournaments including me (I'm new to competition. Placed 5th in my very 1st tourney (Thats whats up imo since it's top 5)), HajinShinobi, Xdest, Statix, Happy Medicine, Gill Hustle, Perfect Legend, etc... That goes to show you how solid she is in people's eyes. I think she's just as good as she was in DOA4.. That's just my personal opinion. What I'm saying is even though I have two mains (MTC sisters) & try to give them an equal amount of playing time, we can keep this train moving.

Side Note: I also made a topic to discuss the match-up problems you're having if any. " Humph Don't Make Me Laugh" is the title.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD