Why does Ein still exist?

synce

It makes no sense. Especially his special tag stuff with Hayate. He's the same person. I think Ein should be replaced with a fat karate master like Tekken's Bob.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I played him as my secondary character since I began playing the series back before I even knew how to play fighting games. Of course I want to be able to play as my top two or three mains in a series all the time (5 was a huge disappointment in that regard).

And 46P.
IMO the best 12 frame punch in the game.
#TORIYAH! #GiveEinTracking1P #BuffHayate

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Even if Ein isn't written officially in the DOA storyline as of late, the story is still open-ended enough for the possibility for him to be so. Remember, Hayate was caught in the M.I.S.T. lab for diagnosis, which could lead to Ein's canon return to the official story come DOA6.

I dunno about you guys, but the idea of Ein being an evil badass working for M.I.S.T. is very interesting. This opens up so many possibilities for character development in areas that needed it, such as Hitomi getting over her over-reliance on Ein for emotional support (and effectively bringing back the personality she once had in DOA3) and getting more deeply involved in the inner workings of M.I.S.T. rather than just playing second fiddle to the ambiguously lesbian duo that is her and Leifang in random antics that make them too similar to Asuka and Lili (not that I mind it personally, but sometimes you gotta give it a rest).

Game Over

Even if Ein isn't written officially in the DOA storyline as of late, the story is still open-ended enough for the possibility for him to be so. Remember, Hayate was caught in the M.I.S.T. lab for diagnosis, which could lead to Ein's canon return to the official story come DOA6.

Ein could easily be written into the story as a clone, so both him and Hayate can be there (and make sense). Plus, an Ein clone could make for an awesome sub-boss!

AkaShocka

I wonder..... in DOA6 IF they continue the story would Ein be included? I wouldn't mind seeing more of his story with Hitomi. Even though the "Omg Ein is Hayate?!" situation already passed. Also Lisa needs a chapter in the story! And Christie!

Pictured Mind

To be honest I know ALOOOT of people that don't like him so M.I.S.T could've been trying to get rid of the Project epsilon failure that became Self aware? and thought he was Hayate, the Mugen Tenshin Leader it DOES make sense in a way

Wow... you really thought about this. : o

Number 13

What kind of story though? I mean initially his story was simple and straightforward. Him being an amnesiac and entering the DoA tournament was a means to possibly awaken his memories. If Ein exists as a separate entity of Hayate and confronts him is it gonna be like a KH II type storyline "I AM ME!" type of thing?

I don't know, he doesn't need to have a story for the sake of having a story if its gonna be half assed to be a way to make sense being playable character. Kind of makes him unique with that tradition that he has been playable character in every sequel since DoA 2 (besides DoA 5 vanilla if we have to count that) despite the persona not existing anymore in the plot. Shoehorning him back into the story at this point would just ruin that imo.

Rawbietussin

I was thinking more like Lisa not confiding the truth about Ein being a successful experiment and just lied to them that Project Epsilon was a failure. Lisa secretly creating a clone of Hayate and was kept in one of MIST's private facilities after disposing Hayate (who was still an amnesiac at that time) that ended up under Hitomi's care until he knew his identity as Hayate.

TakedaZX

What's really tough is connecting the dots...

As an example: Ein is the clone of Hayate

Issues: Hayate knows Karate. How did he learn it? When he was EIN, he was taught by Hitomi's Father. If DOA5U Ein is a clone, when was he created?

With the lab explosion where he escaped and discovered by Hitomi, at that moment he didn't know Karate. If there was a clone made of him before the explosion, there's no way he could've picked up on that Karate unless by some luck he ended up at another dojo... OR...

Hayate was captured again BEFORE the DOA2 tournament... and cloned... therefore two Ein's. Then again assuming all DOATEC needed is DNA to clone him at that exact moment, through any of his fights in the DOA2 tournaments, Helena could've gotten a hold of his hair... Lisa too... bam. Two Ein's.

and the last but least likely to happen... Hitomi has been keeping secrets in her closet... that secret being an Ein clone she found whom she taught their style of Karate to.

It's not enough to just say Ein in DOA5U is a clone of Hayate. It's gotta make sense.

Rawbietussin

I'd like to think that the cloned Hayate (Ein) learned Karate by downloading some microchip in his mind with Lisa's help.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I used to use Ein a lot in DOA2: Hardcore. I enjoyed his character. IMO, he gained his memory back too quickly. But TN loves their ninjas, so they'd do anything to add another one. Ein is a cool alternative to Hitomi. TN is already horrible with stories, so they might as well keep Ein and call him a "clone".

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD