Why does Ein still exist?

lotr9690

I was not aware that a topic like this existed. Blasphemous! Ein is there to swoon over.
His moveset is great, too. He could use a few more strings though but I'm not complaining.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
If only the faster characters were as unsafe as Ein...

He's a powerhouse in the right hands and he has pretty good damage.
You mean Christie right? Kasumi is already pretty unsafe, Christie has power AND speed while Kasumi only has speed. :-/

YBNDM

Ein exists because people still play him. There is a couple characters who don't have active story roles.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Christie's pretty unsafe herself. Kasumi isn't really much more "unsafe" than her. Kasumi's damage is fine too.
You have a point there, I'm grateful she doesn't do Pai level damage at least XD Christie just seems to have more FA and delay going on for her.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
You have a point there, I'm grateful she doesn't do Pai level damage at least XD Christie just seems to have more FA and delay going on for her.
Nah, you can abuse delays with both lol. Kasumi's got better lows too. But yeah, Ein is miles away from these two's ability to manipulate strings. Hitomi would be a bit closer in style with her own string manipulation (a considerable difference she has from Ein)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
But... but... he's got wind! :oops:

I have wind right here:

latest

JAG THE GEMINI

Hitomi's a power house, Ein's... more... pokey? Hitomi can poke to but just not as well. Ein was a power house character in DOA4 but not anymore. Also I guess, Ein is still apart of Hayate, his "fun" personality. It's not like he woke up one day and forgot Karate.

Ein no powerhouse? What?

ADVIII

Ein has been one of my favorite characters in DOA2 so he is one of my favorites. I don't know why I don't use him in this version. I tried online and I guess he doesn't feel the same. I use Hitomi more.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I actually prefer DOA5 Ein over his older iterations, it feels like I can do more with his stuns.

He's not as good tier wise obviously but, he feels better in 5 I guess.

Radiance

Hitomi is just more rushdown than Ein is, though I see alot of Eins online rushdown and it boggles my mind how they get away with so much lol

Because it's online, and most players online don't bother to learn how to interrupt a characters buttons.

Ein no powerhouse? What?

No he's not. At least not the power house character I considered him in DOA4 to be, his tools were much faster and they slowed down some of his most reliable buttons in DOA5. If you disagree, which it looks like, state why... (it's called debating).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD