Why don't we have a general thread about doa 6?

Cadaveri

There's one way to lower the hype/discussion for doa 6 right now and that's closing/locking/not having a general main thread here on FSD.

2 things will happen:

A) People will go to alternative sites to discuss about doa6 (and doa)
B) There will be very minimal discussion overall

Meanwhile at 8wayrun they got general discussion thread with ~323k views & ~3.5k replies (sure SC6 is ahead of DOA6 in development and news, but still...)

But hey at least our most popular thread now is about DOA6 Sexualization Discussion monkaS

I know some people here are very passionate about their opinions etc and It can be hard to moderate, but then hire more mods(??)

Last edited:

delSai

I would really like a general thread as well. The one i made on another site got locked for a really dumb reason and now i dont have a main-hangout to discuss DOA6. Would be great if we could get one.

delSai

The trailer thread was active, a general discussion would get some posts as well. At least its worth a try.

Brute

Standard Donor
harder to keep track of new messages If you ask me
The exact opposite, actually.

The problem with having one thread as a general dumping spot is that it becomes incredibly difficult to navigate if you're looking for specific information or discussions. When posting in separate threads, users can read/contribute to the topics that interest them, rather than having to sift through an endless sea of irrelevant nonsense and shit-posting (which comprises the vast majority of posts in such threads). You can choose not to read the thread, but then you risk missing out on the bits of discussion that do interest you or run the risk of redundancy by asking/discussing subjects that have already been exhausted many times over.

The thread you criticized, for example, was created for the sole purpose of quarantining that discussion so that users aren't forced to endure that drivel in every thread they enter.

Cadaveri

The exact opposite, actually.

The problem with having one thread as a general dumping spot is that it becomes incredibly difficult to navigate if you're looking for specific information or discussions. When posting in separate threads, users can read/contribute to the topics that interest them, rather than having to sift through an endless sea of irrelevant nonsense and shit-posting (which comprises the vast majority of posts in such threads). You can choose not to read the thread, but then you risk missing out on the bits of discussion that do interest you or run the risk of redundancy by asking/discussions subjects that have already been exhausted many times over.

The thread you criticized, for example, was created for the sole purpose of quarantining that discussion so that users aren't forced to endure that drivel in every thread they enter.

Ye I can totally see it from this perspective as well. Still I see it as a hype/discussion killer not to have a bigger general thread. These smaller threads/topics sometimes don't get a lot of responses therefore lack discussion, but oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PS. Does FSD have a discord?

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD