Why is DOA 4.0 better than 4.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Dragon

Y'know, it'll be nice if TN allowed the option to play 4.0 online and offline now. Even if it's only to kickstart hype for DOA5.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I've asked this before, but I don't suppose there's any way to access the posts I made on DOAC about the TGS and X05 builds of DOA4?

As I recall, the X05 build had VF-like stepping, frame advantage, etc. It was really nice.

-Nope. Anything that "disappeared" was permanently deleted. I was piss offed that alot of my stuff "disappeared".

Bogetsu

I felt DOA4.0 version was better balanced. I remember it because it passed several months before I could get a XBL membership to play online (meanwhile I played offline). There's when I got the DOA4.1 update and some hit frames / effects changed. That :8::K: of Hayate and Ein really pissed me off ¬_¬

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
4.0 was kinda like 3.0. In all reality, a 4.2 patch could have been released that would have solved many of the problems we had with 4.1. However, It doesnt matter now with the wonderful release of Doa5.0 lol

synce

I cleared the cache and declined the update but I'm still playing doa4.1 for some reason. I can tell by hayates nerfed launchers. What's uP

Allan Paris

I cleared the cache and declined the update but I'm still playing doa4.1 for some reason. I can tell by hayates nerfed launchers. What's uP

This did not need its own thread.

Edit: Do Hayate's :426::K:, if it doesn't guard break. You are playing DOA4.0.

You could also do his :3::F+K: :K:, if the second kick filps your oppnent in the air. You are playing DOA4.0

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

The Title Update is not 4.1. The 4.1 file is on your save system as DOA UPDATE or something. There's a save file and a separate file that is the update patch. Deleting that from all storage devices connected will revert you back to 4.0. I believe the icon is of Eliot.

If you attempt to go onto DOA Online it will download the patch file from there.

Tenren

as Wah said you need to delete the update. If I remember you have to delete the whole doa save file, BUT i could be thinking of a time when I had a had save which had to be deleted either way

Raansu

as Wah said you need to delete the update. If I remember you have to delete the whole doa save file, BUT i could be thinking of a time when I had a had save which had to be deleted either way

No thats something entirely different. The game bugs out and you get a double save. Your real save and one save that has nothing on it.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Been going back to 4.0 for a couple days to analyze anything interesting. I honestly can't believe people actually played this shitty game.

It seriously sucks balls and I'd rather staple my fingers or hold my hand on a flame for a minute. Literally.

Fuck. This. Game.

And I'm only talking about 4.0, not 4.1

That I am not touching again for the rest of my natural life.

synce

I actually played some locals this year it's still a fun game. The matches are faster than DOA5, the graphics are prettier, and there's really not that much more guessing involved because of the smaller lifebars.

edit: in reference to 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD