Characters Why Raidou is Awesome

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I've heard mixed things about Raidou so far, and I have heard some really bad things about him being a copy-cat character.

First off, copy-cat characters get a bad reputation because they are often seen as lazy ways to fill up the roster, but Raidou is not that man. Raidou is a man that steals some of the best moves from an already great character, and sometimes I want that in my gameplay. This is not Charade... this is a character with his own storyline, and with moves of his own.

Genfu's 3K, Hayabusa's straight palm, shoulder tackles, Jann's bulldog, the Bass Bomb, Ryu's Mirage... lots of awesome moves from a bad ass dude that is not only a ninja... BUT kills ninjas!

Raidou has a lot of his own unique moves now, with insane wall throws, insane animation and even an awesome projectile attack. Raidou is not just a new character, but he's a game changer and changes the way DOA5 will be played.

Yes, he raped Ayame; yes he broke Hayate in half... and yes he destroyed his own daughter in combat... but this is what an evil character does. You can feel his evil presence every time he lunges his 280 pound body at you, the evilness is something they captured beautifully for his transition to Last Round.

He has been risen from the dead, and this isn't Jesus we're talking about. We're talking about fuckin' Satan here. He's not here to pander to the schemes of bikinis and cop outfits. And this is the perfect character to put those girls in line if you know what I mean. You will think twice before wearing a Venus against Raidou.

The Thunder Road is coming, he's not here for DLC, he's not here to play volleyball on tropical islands. He's here to rip you in half, and if you thought he was evil before. He's much worse now. With no memory he remembers not the discipline of Burai, nor his younger... pathetic brother Shiden. The only thing he remembers is hunger for POWER and his hunger to steal everything you've worked so hard for.

He's the character every anti-fetish dlc player has waited for, and if you don't like him or think he belongs in the game, remember he's the OG boss of Dead or Alive. Raidou hasn't showed up on a console game in YEARS. Enjoy this... and to all the little Kasumi players out there.

Be very afraid.

David Gregg

I don't want to be a pessimist it's just that he really didn't stand out to me in Dimensions, which is what I'm seeing most of his moves being based on with some additions to fit 5's mechanics. His new design looks awesome, BGM sounds great, and I enjoyed the b*tch slap session he had with Hayate in the trailer, but I'm just not that excited to use him as a fighter. Although that might just speak more about my own fighter preference than the character himself (he has a heavily based ninja moveset and is a slow character, neither of which I like to use in the game).

But for those waiting for Raidou rock on! :cool: I know what it's like to want a character and see them come back (well not really but sort of...if you ignore the gender swap).

Chapstick

Because she did. Dimensions changed that just because. Probably to make the scene more cinematic and Ryu look cooler

Dark-truth

I've heard mixed things about Raidou so far, and I have heard some really bad things about him being a copy-cat character.

First off, copy-cat characters get a bad reputation because they are often seen as lazy ways to fill up the roster, but Raidou is not that man. Raidou is a man that steals some of the best moves from an already great character, and sometimes I want that in my gameplay. This is not Charade... this is a character with his own storyline, and with moves of his own.

Genfu's 3K, Hayabusa's straight palm, shoulder tackles, Jann's bulldog, the Bass Bomb, Ryu's Mirage... lots of awesome moves from a bad ass dude that is not only a ninja... BUT kills ninjas!

Raidou has a lot of his own unique moves now, with insane wall throws, insane animation and even an awesome projectile attack. Raidou is not just a new character, but he's a game changer and changes the way DOA5 will be played.

Yes, he raped Ayame; yes he broke Hayate in half... and yes he destroyed his own daughter in combat... but this is what an evil character does. You can feel his evil presence every time he lunges his 280 pound body at you, the evilness is something they captured beautifully for his transition to Last Round.

He has been risen from the dead, and this isn't Jesus we're talking about. We're talking about fuckin' Satan here. He's not here to pander to the schemes of bikinis and cop outfits. And this is the perfect character to put those girls in line if you know what I mean. You will think twice before wearing a Venus against Raidou.

The Thunder Road is coming, he's not here for DLC, he's not here to play volleyball on tropical islands. He's here to rip you in half, and if you thought he was evil before. He's much worse now. With no memory he remembers not the discipline of Burai, nor his younger... pathetic brother Shiden. The only thing he remembers is hunger for POWER and his hunger to steal everything you've worked so hard for.

He's the character every anti-fetish dlc player has waited for, and if you don't like him or think he belongs in the game, remember he's the OG boss of Dead or Alive. Raidou hasn't showed up on a console game in YEARS. Enjoy this... and to all the little Kasumi players out there.

Be very afraid.
UHM i'm a little kasumi player and i main this satan too i love them so i won't be affraid lmao

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
he's not fast lol he's fast when ur good with him
His walking speed is slow, but he attacks rather swiftly is what I meant. Tom Lee even said once that he's fast for his build. And being good with a character doesn't suddenly make them faster XD

Last edited:

Legendary Goken

Standard Donor
He's a killing machine. He boggles people's minds because he has an unprecedented variety of moves. With the right hands, he's a powerful mix up master and a powerhouse juggler.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD