Battle Royal Will Killy Dominate Summer Jam XI?

de9d4214-98ec-4dc2-803f-5f623ae1dc35.PNG

Summer Jam XI Stream Schedule | Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Pools

Are you ready fighters? The 5th chapter of our Summer Jam saga begins tomorrow at 1 pm EST. The competitors will be slugging it out on stream via FunkyP for a Team NINJA sponsorship to NEC and a nice $1,000 pot bonus. I talked to Killy after his impressive victory with Tina at Final Round XX, and his fearless nature might make him the number one contender for first place at this Battle Royal event:
KILLY: I think what got me to first place at FRXX was just going right into it; playing your matches. Not over thinking match ups. just remaining as calm as possible and take each and every match and round carefully. Going into the tournament, I never know who I will fight or how the pools go. I just casually play whoever they match me up against and have the exact same mindset I have online.

That's how I went about beating Kwiggle and Calibur. I wasn't over thinking it. I just had the mindset that it's my turn to play so let's play... I would say my defense is also what got me to first place. Offline, you can see almost everything: free cancels, the start of grabs, and the low attacks. It's almost like the game is in slow motion... whenever I'm getting hit or in stun, I immediately look at my opponent while slow escaping to see what moves I can possibly react to with a counter. When in a max threshold, I'm only worried about the critical burst (if they have a power blow to spare).

DOA is all about defense and reaction... if we're at neutral then I'm looking in the middle of the screen, seeing both characters out of my peripherals but if I'm stunned, I'm looking at the character doing the stunning while having my defense up.

Regardless if he's not worried about matchups, he will be going up against the reigning, defending NEC champion of the world, Rikuto. The most unique and electrifying Bayman you will ever see competing for the first place prize. You can also bet that BladeZ will have something in store as he was defeated by Killy at Final Round. We may not know who will win, but we do know we will be entertained by a talented community of dedicated fighters.

bayman_grande.png

If you are in Rikuto's corner, show it with the support of his favorite character and attire at the FSD Shop!

I had last minute change in plans and I'm in Burbank now, actually. If I was killy I'd be more worried about hoodless.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD