Battle Royal Winter Brawl 9 Results

Yesterday the pools were pretty clutch, a great example being Sly Bass vs. Kwiggle in an exciting conclusion to Saturday's Pools on the Bifuteki stream (50 minutes in). Today was no different, on Team Sp00ky (4h 55m in) we witnessed an exciting top eight:

1. Kwiggle :kasumi::lisa::christie::honoka:
2. Sonic Fox :marierose::christie::rachel::honoka:
3. XcaliburBladeZ :alpha152::helena::leifang:
4. Jaeger :rig::bass::ayane:
5. Dr. Dogg :helena::lisa:
5. Repoman :hayate:
6. Saion :marierose:
7. Nestor C.

It was too bad that Nestor was unable to attend, which might explain being last on this bracket, but the community was still treated to a great tournament despite this unfortunate circumstance. Sonic Fox defeated Jaeger in a rematch sending him to loser bracket where he won against Repoman, but was unsuccessful against Kwiggle despite the respectable Bass representation proving he had more than Rig and Ayane under his sleeve.

Also worth mentioning was the return of Dr. Dogg, who managed to get into top 8 despite the rust from not playing as of late. He made it to Kwiggle in loser top 8, but was unsuccessful at facing off with newcomer, Honoka despite strong fundamentals and zoning with Lisa.

XcaliburBladeZ and Sonic Fox had intense matches in winner bracket, including some great Alpha representation, but Sonic Fox and his Marie Rose were on-point in what some may call an upset? XcaliburBladeZ was sent to loser's where a rabid, insane Kwiggle awaited. Xcal gave it his all, and used Helena and Lei Fang well, but Kwiggle proved to be too strong and came back to fight his brother Sonic Fox in Grand Finals.

We do see Danger Zone in multiple top 8 matches, but we start the final off with a Honoka mirror that Kwiggle takes, Sonic Fox changes to Christie, Kwiggle resets the bracket, we see character switch after character switch and in the end it's Sonic's Marie Rose vs Kwiggle's Kasumi at home where Kwiggle wins the first Last Round major.

Congrats Kwiggle! This concludes the first chapter of Team NINJA's 2015 Battle Royal! The following points have been banked for:

1. M C Kwiggle (10 points)
2. SonicFox (8 points)
3. XCalibur BladeZ (6 points)
4. Jaegar (4 points)
5. DrDogg (2 points)
5. Repoman (2 points)
7. Saion (1 point)
7. Nestor (1 point)

Source: Challonge, @VirtuaKazama

Last edited:
It was a very entertaining top 8! I've been playing DOA for over 15 years, but only recently started following the competitive scene. It was really impressive to see these players excell with multiple characters.

Also; Danger Zone hype!

At Battle Royal 2015, this is the current standings:
1. M C Kwiggle (10 points)
2. SonicFox (8 points)
3. XCalibur BladeZ (6 points)
4. Jaegar (4 points)
5. DrDogg (2 points)
5. Repoman (2 points)
7. Saion (1 point)
7. Nestor (1 point)

Last edited:
Kreygasm i was right the same guys in top 8. My bad only 4 of the guys are in top 8 that travel only to play this game. ( Yeah i know the Kreygasm brothers play animu fighters).

Last edited:
Missed this, but surprised to see Dr. Dogg. Haven't seen him on this site or at a tournament since 2012.

Serious question - were there more than 8 entrants? I missed most of winter brawl

Also kinda surprised to see Dr. Dogg back. But I know that it's hard to quit DOA no matter how much they screw it up haha

Kreygasm i was right the same guys in top 8. My bad only 4 of the guys are in top 8 that travel only to play this game. ( Yeah i know the Kreygasm brothers play animu fighters).

Top 8 for most fighters usually stay consistent.

Just caught up on the top 8 stream archive. Absolutely fantastic play by everyone and @Mr.Kwiggle further displaying his dominance not only as a Christie user but as an overall player who can still bring home the win with or without her. Nothing but respect.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD