DOA5LR Winter Brawl 9 set to be played on PlayStation 4

Eric Small of @BigE Gaming recently made an announcement on Facebook that the next big DOA5 event, Winter Brawl 9, will be played on PlayStation 4. Previously, Dead or Alive 5 Last Round was set to play on the PlayStation 3 so this is an interesting change as it sets the tone for the first Last Round tournament event.

Winter Brawl 9 will be taking place on February 20th to the 22nd at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center (76 Industrial Airport, Essington, PA 19029). Be sure to pre-register for the event if you'd like to participate in the first Dead or Alive 5 Last Round major tournament. High pre-registration numbers determine not only the pool sizes and times, but also the streamers and stream times for the game. Help the community by getting Last Round shown off on the big stage.

104690b.jpg

Edit: It's been said by @Katsu Hayami that the TitanOne converter has worked well for him and his Qanba Q4, modded Qanba Q4, PlayStation 3 Controller, and PlayStation 4 controller. You can find more information on this converter here. The only concerns at this time with the converter is that lag tests haven't been formally performed, and you have to resync the converter every 8 minutes due to PlayStation system security.

Last edited:
Well.. i don't have a PS4 stick nor do i have a PS4 or planning to get one.. so the chances of me going to this is even less lol

It's been said by @Katsu Hayami that the TitanOne converter has worked well for him and his Qanba Q4, modded Qanba Q4, PlayStation 3 Controller, and PlayStation 4 controller. You can find more information on this converter here. The only concerns at this time with the converter is that lag tests haven't been formally performed, and you have to resync the converter every 8 minutes due to PlayStation system security.

It's been said by @Katsu Hayami that the TitanOne converter has worked well for him and his Qanba Q4, modded Qanba Q4, PlayStation 3 Controller, and PlayStation 4 controller. You can find more information on this converter here. The only concerns at this time with the converter is that lag tests haven't been formally performed, and you have to resync the converter every 8 minutes due to PlayStation system security.

Yup my TitanOne has worked for me and my Qanba Q1 for the PS4. I needed my Fightstick to work for Guilty Gear Xrd lol.

The guys behind Cronus are behind the TitanOne. Not spending $60 to not be able to use it more than once.

The guys behind Cronus are behind the TitanOne. Not spending $60 to not be able to use it more than once.

They have a Tournament Edition patch that makes it viable on systems. I believe it was what they were going to put on the Cronus but decided to just make the TO. Currently, the TO is not banned (to my knowledge).

Fuck. I hate that controller and there aren't good adapters yet.
I'm not sure if this will interest you but I know that one of my friendgirls has a persona arcade controller that she uses with the PS4 system, if that's what you are looking for? She takes it everywhere with her. It may be something to look into. Hopefully it's available in the states and within your budget! I'm not sure if many people know about it but it's a pretty nifty arcade stick.

I own arcade stocks for all systems. I play all fighters EXCEPT DoA on stick. Prefer pad for this game and I abhor the PS4 pad. Actually hurts my fingers.

TitanOne does seem a bit of a gamble considering the track record of cronus causing lag and... you know.. destroying xbox systems.

Been saying that since launch. Would have bought one already instead of buying two new TE2s if it seemed like a sure bet.

Ugh, if PS4 becomes the standard, I'll be dropping this game until lagless converters or dual mods are introduced and proven.

Not surprising that it'll be played on PS4, since that's the full experience. Not to mention, we'll hopefully get to see what people do on the new stages (if they aren't banned).

Ugh, if PS4 becomes the standard, I'll be dropping this game until lagless converters or dual mods are introduced and proven.

It's the most popular system by far. I really don't know why you guys were expecting anything else.

I'm personally working on a peripheral to increase DS4 D-pad accuracy, rather than complaining. It has the workings of a good pad, but its center of accuracy is too focused.

It's the most popular system by far. I really don't know why you guys were expecting anything else.

I'm personally working on a peripheral to increase DS4 D-pad accuracy, rather than complaining. It has the workings of a good pad, but its center of accuracy is too focused.

Sucks for those who are going to have to buy a new stick for a console they don't even have just to play it there. Even GG is played on PS3 at the moment.. and that console has sticks that are BOTH compatible with the PS3 and the PS4.

TOs already have Xbox One consoles for KI so I was hoping for that personally. I'm glad we're going to a current gen console. Just salty about the controller. I have all of the systems but I do prefer Xbox.

TOs already have Xbox One consoles for KI so I was hoping for that personally. I'm glad we're going to a current gen console. Just salty about the controller. I have all of the systems but I do prefer Xbox.
With Street Fighter going to PS4 (both Ultra SFIV and Street Fighter V), expect PS4 to become to console of choice for tournaments. Even more so if the Capcom Pro Tour goes PS4 (as we're all expecting due to the Sony sponsorship).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD