Community Winter Brawl is that Damn Important

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Big E made an announcement that could revolutionize our tournament scene for Last Round, but as one could expect, he's just not going to sit back and do all the work... as if he hasn't done enough for this community to begin with.

Winter Brawl... is going to be our big opener for Last Round, and after everyone was disappointed about EVO not bringing in DOA, Big E made the announcement that he will do a side tournament for DOA. He wants numbers, he wants commitment and he wants to beat other games out on the main line-up. Big E is our number one connection in the fighting tournament world other than Team NINJA itself, and he has more news and more information at our Winter Brawl.

Winter Brawl has been a staple DOA major, and the great part of Last Round being the featured game is that EVERYONE is pretty much on a clean slate. This should create less of an intimidation factor, and be more of an educational experience. Our mission is to fire Big E up, and the next step to EVO is blowing up that Winter Brawl.

If five people show up to Winter Brawl, how motivated is Big E going to be to do this side tournament at EVO? I'm not saying register to Winter Brawl now. I'm not saying buy a plane ticket now. I'm not saying donate to the prize pot now. I'm saying, be grateful for what is being done for this community. If you've read this far you have to care somewhat about the scene. So blow it up. Take a minute to share Winter Brawl 9 with your friends, take five seconds to tweet about Winter Brawl registration on Twitter, take another five to share on the Facebook groups. But most of all take five seconds of your time to give our man, Big E a huge thank you for taking the time out of his life to support our scene.

Big E has provided me with hours of tournament entertainment, from what I know he doesn't even play DOA like that. But he sees that we have improved, he sees our potential and he is watching us grow.

You know, maybe EVO doesn't matter. Maybe the organizers are mean to us. Maybe we are too casual. Maybe our game isn't better than Street Fighter. Maybe our game sucks because of stuns and holds and maybe this and maybe that. This isn't about any of that. This is about making a statement. This is about being grateful for the people and tools we are given in life. This is our community, and it's being put to the Ultimate test.

Thank you, Big E!
http://bigegaming.com/pre-registration/

Vincent Rayne

I'm not entirely sure about making winter brawl. i'm already stepping out of my territory for the first time by planning to go to EVO. babysteps for me since i don't have a large amount of cash to just get plane tickets and fly out to places yet. but i do appreciate all that is done. I like seeing DOA at tournaments and players I recognize on the streams.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I opted not to do a WB donation since it was so immediate after DOA5 LR's release. The event is also a month away so I felt it wouldn't get to $500 in time. Final Round though has a donation pot prize.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I think there was a bit of confusion regarding my comment on the prize pot. Ultimately I meant that you don't necessarily have to to donate your money to give back to this community. There are other ways. Though your money is always appreciated as well. LOL

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD