Worst Costumes/Outfits

Zeo

While I suppose we may not need another costume thread when there's so much costume discussion going around, I feel this is probably the best time to post this thread. We always talk about what costumes we want to come back and the ones we love. But what about those costumes that made you cringe? The ones you're glad got the cut and ones you hate to see in DOA5?

Just as the topic shows, list your least favorite costumes and ones that just make you ask "why?..." From DOA1 to 5. I'll start with a few starting with the most prevalent for me.

Doad_ein_c3.jpg

Yeah, you knew it was coming. I used to think this outfit was cool. Mained it my first half of playing DOA4 and occasionally picked it in DOA3. I felt it symbolized a Ein being in chains by DOATEC at a facility and escaping. Thought the chains were cool too... then came all the homo and bondage references.

People start talking about his pants being unbuttoned and the chains, completely ruined the outfit for me. I can't unsee it now and in comparison to his other outfits this one is honestly easily the worst. What this outfit needs? Give the pants a belt, make them black, give them some kind of embroidery (tiger, dragon, etc.). Then make the chains a bit longer and give him spiked gauntlets and some kind of tatoo, like "Epsilon" on his back or something like that. It'll give off kind of a Devil Jin feel but I think we'll have a pretty badazz costume. As it stands though? Worst Ein costume ever.

150px-Hitomi_-_Costume_06.jpg

Lost some respect with this one. DOA3 gave her a laid back, level headed persona of an experienced karate practitioner finding her own way. That gave way to a bubbly air headed personality in DOA4 and less so but still there in DOA5. This... is probably my least favorite costume just because it's Hitomi's. It's an embarrassment to me that this is the outfit they gave my favorite female character.

DOA_Kasumi_Costume_8.png

WTF.

Blazeincarnated

Doad_ein_c3.jpg

Yeah, you knew it was coming. I used to think this outfit was cool. Mained it my first half of playing DOA4 and occasionally picked it in DOA3. I felt it symbolized a Ein being in chains by DOATEC at a facility and escaping. Thought the chains were cool too... then came all the homo and bondage references.

People start talking about his pants being unbuttoned and the chains, completely ruined the outfit for me. I can't unsee it now and in comparison to his other outfits this one is honestly easily the worst. What this outfit needs? Give the pants a belt, make them black, give them some kind of embroidery (tiger, dragon, etc.). Then make the chains a bit longer and give him spiked gauntlets and some kind of tatoo, like "Epsilon" on his back or something like that. It'll give off kind of a Devil Jin feel but I think we'll have a pretty badazz costume. As it stands though? Worst Ein costume ever.

Thats kinda how I felt about it too lol

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Hmm. Well, the worst outfit by far is Tengu's cloak of invisibility in DOA5. I have no idea what the fuck TN was on when they designed that abomination. Absolutely disgusting.

After that, we still have many, many bad outfits to sort through. There have been so many bad costumes in this series (as well as a lot of good ones). I agree that Ein's red jeans are definitely up there. As is Leon's gladiator outfit. Kasumi's and Ayane's new costumes in DOAD (pictured in Brute's post) were awful as well.

Another one that isn't brought up very often is Bayman's... cyber commando... thing from DOA4. Easily the single worst costume he's ever had and one of the absolute worst sotumes in the series. I will be straight up pissed if this piece of shit ever comes back. Seriously. What the fuck is this even supposed to be?

DOA4_Bayman_7.jpg

David Gregg

Cs_mila_lei.jpg

Lei Fang looks like she tried getting ready for work half drunk - half hungover, and Mila just looks straight up dirty in a non-perverted bad way.

DeathHand

all masked busa costumes xD nah just joking, I just want unmasked busa option and his doa3 original back, thats all
my main is hayate so the least favorite costumes is the ones from doa 4
DOA4_Hayate_C2.jpg

DOA4_Hayate_C4.jpg

I like all the others so its ok =´P

Kodachi

Standard Donor

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Other than Ayane's dress and the apron on Mila's, None of these are horrible.

Now the Clown outfits, That's just...yeah

It's just my opinion, I do not think any of those costumes are horrible, I just disagree with the overall designs.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD