Would you want Kasumi and Hayate in Ninja Gaiden story mode

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
No, No, No Ninja Gaiden is about Ryu Hayabusa, I don't want these other noob ninjas aside from Momiji taking spotlight in the main story, keep it Ryu focused

I don't mind them being in there as playable characters and having small roles in the story, but Ninja Gaiden supposed to revolve around Ryu Hayabusa not the DOA ninjas

And Ninja Gaiden has always been about Hayabusa, not Ayane and Hayabusa lol

ever since Hayashi took lead Ayane has been playing a bigger role but when Itagaki was in charge she was basically just a messenger

Derga

I thought Ayane was pretty badass in Ninja Gaiden Black, even if she didn't take part in any of the fighting. Her role as the prime source of knowledge, combined with her reconnaissance and stealth skills gave a nice dynamic with Ryu.
Ruy handled the brute force, she handled the behind the scenes knowledge gathering and so forth. Heck she even eavesdropped Murai's plan long before he could actually get the Dark Dragon. Alot more useful than Rachel was at any rate.

Kronin

I thought Ayane was pretty badass in Ninja Gaiden Black, even if she didn't take part in any of the fighting. Her role as the prime source of knowledge, combined with her reconnaissance and stealth skills gave a nice dynamic with Ryu.
Ruy handled the brute force, she handled the behind the scenes knowledge gathering and so forth. Heck she even eavesdropped Murai's plan long before he could actually get the Dark Dragon. Alot more useful than Rachel was at any rate.

I like to see the teammates of Ryu involved in the main storyline and playable in single missions or in modes outside the story, however I have to agree with Derga. Ayane it was pretty badass in NG Black just because she was always in the shadows (I loved the idea to her following me without having the possibility to see her - just like a true ninja).

The scene where the Dark Disciple and Gamov are talking in the town square of Vigoor with Ayane spying them from behind the wall is one of my favourites:

7Hx1RTo.png

Zero Beat

I would like a chapter called Path of the Nukenin that deals with Kasumi's time on the run from the Mugen Tenshin Clan and how she came to live in the Hayabusa Village (assuming that's where she resides now, of course). Otherwise, I'm fine with her only being a guest star character, even though she's my main in NG3RE.

I want Kasumi and Hayate to be playable in the Ninja Gaiden series starting at Ninja Gaiden 4 even in the story mode. I think Kasumi and Hayate should have turns in the story with Hayabusa Ayane Momiji and Rachel.

Xhominid The Demon Within

If you want me to be real...Ninja Gaiden is Ryu's story, end of discussion. I actually have NO problem with Ayane, Hayate, Kasumi and Momiji showing up within the story or even taking part in certain cases, but they really SHOULDN'T be playable within Story Mode itself(if the devs want them to have side chapters, make that a separate side-story for that themselves).

Now of course, NG+ options and Mission Mode, go completely nuts.

Dark-truth

He's every reason to be in DOA's story, he's the one who watched over Kasumi in DOA1 and killed Tengu.
New gen Ninja Gaiden was made BECAUSE Hayabusa was in DOA if he wasn't in DOA New NG wouldn't have been made at all. only the NES trilogy.
NG was made before DOA tf XD

But Ayane was there from the beginning, I have no problem with having her as a regular in NG. Just my opinion anyway :)

As long as she really doesn't interfere in Ryu's story, I have no problems with any Ninja or even other DOA characters showing up. It's when they show him up in his own game is when it's gonna be a problem and I don't mean in the typical "Hold monsters off so he can get to the real action", it's "They are pretty much helping him everywhere" type of deal.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I find it odd that I'm going to post the same thing over a year apart from the last time I responded to a thread:

Hayabusa is the star of Ninja Gaiden. Hayate's cameo by name was more than enough and Ayane should be relegated to a support character as she's been from the beginning. Nobody else belongs in a starring role. In extra modes like Chapter Challenge or something? Sure. The story is for Hayabusa alone.

I find it odd that I'm going to post the same thing over a year apart from the last time I responded to a thread:

Hayabusa is the star of Ninja Gaiden. Hayate's cameo by name was more than enough and Ayane should be relegated to a support character as she's been from the beginning. Nobody else belongs in a starring role. In extra modes like Chapter Challenge or something? Sure. The story is for Hayabusa alone.

Because someone necro'd the damn thing under a different name

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD