DOA5LR "Yeah?!" Naotora Ii's Top Ten Moves discussion

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I noticed we didn't exactly have a top ten discussion for Naotora yet so....yeah XD. What are her top ten moves in your opinion? Feel free to leave information as to why. Here are mine:
:8::P:- Her best mid punch imo: a bit slow at 15i but has fair reach, and is safe at -6 on block, -5 at a distance and is good for scoring counter hits from a distance and OK on normal hit at -3. Since she has a lot of mid kicks and high kicks, this is a lifesaver and kind of like a mix up since most players expect one of the two in stun.

:4::K:- 12i, has follow ups, and great for tick throws.

:9::K:- Slow at 22i but great at a distance for crushing low wake up kicks and whiffed attacks. Has a follow up that your opponent may have to respect as well(although no delay).

:6::H+K::K:- The second kick ideally: 20i, has great reach and is in a crouching status which avoids highs and is good for getting a critical stun from a distance. 4K is fast enough to continue the stun, but this is a pretty painless way to test your opponent so you can bait for an easy 66T hi counter throw.

:P::P::2::K:- The third hit ideally: slow at 23i but is good for avoiding highs from a distance and getting a counter hit, which allows you to go for a guaranteed PP2K2K, continue a stun with 4K if you feel bold, or you can go for PP2KK if you wanna be daunting.

:2::P:- Very helpful against 9i characters and anyone with a faster jab up close. Pretty good reach, safe at -4 on block and -3 at a distance and pushes back on counter hits. If you want to be obnoxious, you can use it in stun set ups to reset the pace and start again or go for something else.

:2::K:-Great in stun set ups since it's a fairly unpredictable low and allows you to continue the stun with 4K or 6P, but these can be slow escaped... Has good reach and avoids some throws if done at max or a slight distance.

:9::P::2::K:- Slow at 30i but has good reach and is good for punishing an active opponent mid string at the right moment and a good whiff punisher. Guarantees 6K4KK on hit and GBs so you can get away if it's blocked...downside is that it can be sidestepped.

:9::P::K:- Safe at -6, good reach, and stuns on hit, Can be crouched but this likely won't happen since the opponent will have to be aware of a possible empty 9P jump feint or the scary 9P2K follow up.

:4::H+K:- I love this move: Great reach, good whiff punisher, and although unsafe at -9, -10 and -11 depending on distance, it can avoid some throws against the shorter ranged fighters.

....:6::6::F: unfortunately did not make the cut XD. Honorable mention to it since this is her highest damage throw and what you'll most likely wanna go for when punishing a missed hold, plus environmental damage too.

:4::P: is another move that didn't make the cut. It does have use since it causes a faint stun in stuns causing a guess situation on your opponent and the attack is actually safe at -6(-7 up close) on a slight distance, meaning your opponent will have to respect it or else they may over punish and go for a 7i throw. However, I didn't include it in my list since this seems a bit a more technically situational depending on whom you're up against.

Last edited:

The Spine

In no real order and all in my own opinion.

:3::K: - Easily her best button by far. It's safe at her sweet zone and provides a decent stun on both NH and CH. I've already explained this move quite a bit in my guide

:6::P: - Her best mid punch most definitely. Even though all of her mid punches suck in neutral (this is no exception), this is the only one worth throwing out. It's follow-up is fast, delayable, and has a good stun on both CH and NH. While it is lacking in mix-up potential (like Naotora herself), its
potential for tick throws is pretty high considering the only follow-up.

:4::K: - Hands down her best mid-kick for CQC. Not much needs to be said about this move honestly.

:4::H+K: - Definitely a good spacing tool. It's surprisingly safe against throws at the edge of the sweet zone, so that's that.

:9::P::K: - The jump stance is just a pretty good tool, that's that.

:9::P::2::K: - It's in the jump stance and it's a +GB, so why not.

:6::K: string - I won't lie, this string and all of its mix-ups are decent. There is honestly a lot of potential for this at a distance and there is no reason not to use them.

:K: string - Exact same point, except this would be used for CQC rather than the distance game.

:P::P::2::K: - It's an okay low mix-up I guess. Naotora is an okay character.

:2::H+K: - A decent sweep that can beat out the tick throws after an SE. It's very disrespectful too because it's in slow motion, what a bonus. What a character.

#DeleteNaotora stay frosty.

Nikotsumi

:K: string - Her fastest poke, this is good to begin the offense up close, it also has various follow ups and tracks.

:6::K: string - Same as :K: but from medium-long range, it also works in the stun game and as a whiff punisher.

:P::P::2::K: - A decent low 'cause of the follow ups

:6::P: - Her fastest mid P with a decent follow up.

:3::P: - The stun is really good, obviusly this has to be used only in the stun game.

:4::P: - It's kinda the same as :3::P: but it's high and has a better stun.

:9::P: and follow ups - Jumps are good, I wish she had a :7::P: version.

:4::K: - her fastest mid K, unfortunately I do not think the follow ups are good, just ok-ish at best.

:2::H+K: - Good high crush that grants Naotora quite a bit of advantage on CH and HiC.

:6::H+K::K: - Her best low. It's really good to get a stun both from a distance and up close. I wish she had a raw version of this.

Honorable mention to : :9::K:, :6::6::F: and Ii Family Creed :K:

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD