"You can't defeat me." -Kasumi

phoenix1985gr

I think 236p is -4 for brad and running p is -8... so you cant punish the 236 but hes at negative... (although because it guard breaks im not really sure... but you can definetely punish with low throw the running one)

IceMage95

I think Kasumi is harder and more complex to use than Ayane. Right?
It depends on the player's playstyle. In DOA4, Kasumi was an easy-to-use character. In DOA5, some of her moves that I use more have had their properties changed, so it was a hard transition from DOA4 to DOA5 for Kasumi. Ayane was a simple transition in comparison.

phoenix1985gr

I find her transition between 4 and 5 really difficult... Kasumi was my best character in doa4 now shes not even top 3...

Shinigamimatt

I don't find Ayane really any more difficult than Kasumi. Not overly so. Both have hard combos and both have easy ones. I mean, all you have to do with Ayane is get them in a juggle and use PPPK and get more damage than most of Kasumi's simple combos. Ayane probably has a higher skill ceiling, though.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Ayane is my 2nd character. Kasumi (HNIC) is my most consistent character that I have. Ayane's juggles are easy, but you have to dig deeper with her play style. She has a few more big juggles, but both of them come from launching ppl sky high like her sister (mostly from 46H other from 1T). The difference between the 2 is that Kasumi is a rushdown while Ayane is a defensive character with good setups & she don't have to be aggressive on offense. Kasumi has more juggle options than what she does. If you use both, then you know what I mean. As for the walls, homes, ceilings etc, I like Kasumi's chances a lil bit more.

ErickBello

Hmm, I'm having bad matchups against Akira, what to do against him when he's pressuring with 66P, 4KP and 4P? I'm having a hard time against him and Kokoro :/

Murakame

Hmm, I'm having bad matchups against Akira, what to do against him when he's pressuring with 66P, 4KP and 4P? I'm having a hard time against him and Kokoro :/

Do not fall for his frame traps. Some of Akira's weaknesses are that he is linear and he has a lack of strings so pretty much the most he can do is poke at you until you cave into his pressure. His P and 2P give him +1. If you block P he is at +1 and if you get hit by 2P he is at +1. In those cases do not attempt to interrupt his pressure with Kasumi's 6P or 4P because she will get beat to the punch by 66P which is his fastest mid I believe. Kasumi's jab will beat most of his attempts to attack you unless he is using a high crush or his jab. Block and analyze the opponent's attack pattern with him. If you see they like to use that low punch, do a low hold and catch them on their attempt to get frame advantage. Also take note of what the opponent tends to do when he has frame advantage and respond accordingly. If you anticipate P or 4P coming use Kasumi's 2P or 1P to high crush him and gain the offensive momentum. If you expect the 66P, hold, parry, jab or block to stop him. If you block 66P that is your chance to attack because he has small disadvantage from it.

ErickBello

Do not fall for his frame traps. Some of Akira's weaknesses are that he is linear and he has a lack of strings so pretty much the most he can do is poke at you until you cave into his pressure. His P and 2P give him +1. If you block P he is at +1 and if you get hit by 2P he is at +1. In those cases do not attempt to interrupt his pressure with Kasumi's 6P or 4P because she will get beat to the punch by 66P which is his fastest mid I believe. Kasumi's jab will beat most of his attempts to attack you unless he is using a high crush or his jab. Block and analyze the opponent's attack pattern with him. If you see they like to use that low punch, do a low hold and catch them on their attempt to get frame advantage. Also take note of what the opponent tends to do when he has frame advantage and respond accordingly. If you anticipate P or 4P coming use Kasumi's 2P or 1P to high crush him and gain the offensive momentum. If you expect the 66P, hold, parry, jab or block to stop him. If you block 66P that is your chance to attack because he has small disadvantage from it.

This was useful, thanks a lot!
Actually his transition from 4P / 64P / 43P to 66P gives you enough time to pressure him with 2P and P (If you're playing with the CPU like me, I don't recommend PP, the AI holds the 2nd hit even if free cancel) and if you are lucky, you can get a counter with 4P and 2P in Akira's transition from 4KP to 66P and use this :H+K: :6::K: :P::P::7::K::6::P+K::K::K:

Also you can just sidestep punch him and combo, all of his pokes are linear. dhsdfshgafdhgsfdhgasfhdg

Sorry for the double post, but I'm having problems against Lisa.
Basically I don't know what to do against her on online and offline, all of the moves she uses against me guard breaks or I can't punish her for whatever reason appears.
I don't want to turn into a Max536Drago :'<

Murakame

Sorry for the double post, but I'm having problems against Lisa.
Basically I don't know what to do against her on online and offline, all of the moves she uses against me guard breaks or I can't punish her for whatever reason appears.
I don't want to turn into a Max536Drago :'<

In this fight limit your usage of highs. Lisa has a plethora of high crushes that will easily stop your attempts to jab at her. She also has her offensive holds though I do not know the properties of these. I do not know what mixup options Lisa has after a guard break but I have seen players either run and do another guard break or do her jumping hold. If she does the jumping hold you can duck. You cannot duck the drop kick. Also after your guard is broken you can assume Lisa is at frame advantage so you really shouldn't be trying to punish her after a guard break. You should instead be focused on escaping her frame advantage or mix-up. Lisa is a terrible close range fighter IMO. Once Kasumi is on top of her you must use Kasumi's mid's lows and throws to open Lisa up.

ErickBello

In this fight limit your usage of highs. Lisa has a plethora of high crushes that will easily stop your attempts to jab at her. She also has her offensive holds though I do not know the properties of these. I do not know what mixup options Lisa has after a guard break but I have seen players either run and do another guard break or do her jumping hold. If she does the jumping hold you can duck. You cannot duck the drop kick. Also after your guard is broken you can assume Lisa is at frame advantage so you really shouldn't be trying to punish her after a guard break. You should instead be focused on escaping her frame advantage or mix-up. Lisa is a terrible close range fighter IMO. Once Kasumi is on top of her you must use Kasumi's mid's lows and throws to open Lisa up.

Thanks again! I hope I'm not being such a problem for you D:
I got a conclusion: "Don't get Lisa get away from you, don't play the distance game, you're not gonna win it".
6PK and 1P are your best Allies. Also I tried to use 6P2K, which also works. Also the players I met like to turtle a lot, so 3P and 2T are pretty devastating to them.
Her moves from afar ( The baseball kick and the "drop kick") and sidestepable, but her recovery from them is pretty fast, so the stun from the SS Punch/Kick, wouldn't last long.

Murakame

"Don't get Lisa get away from you, don't play the distance game, you're not gonna win it".

In general Kasumi does poor at a distance. She has nothing that opponent needs to be afraid of. What she does have is her anti turtle dash : 3P+K. She has a elbow from it that causes sitdown stun on hit and a throw that does 65 points of damage. Good use of it will allow you to make people think twice before trying to turtle.

ErickBello

Ok, I opened Lisa up (in the good way, btw, played her on difficulty 8 and online too) and:
All of her moves that leaves her BT, are unsafe even if she turns/gets away.
Almost all of her useful punches have tracking.
2P against her is good from time to time, but not always, PP as a pressure tool won't do much to her, the AI will hold it like a bitch.
You can 9P+K the breakdance kick which is a low crush.
The baseball kick can be holded, getting a nice combo from the bounce.
When Guard break she will try to crush your mids so block the attack and 1P, it will be a counter hit, like 75% of the time.

Chaos

Im having trouble fighting against the counter whore (Leifang) since her attacks comes out faster than Kasumi's for some weird reason :(

Shinigamimatt

Just had a Leifang beat me today. Couldn't even touch me as other characters. Picked Leifang and turtled backwards and I was done.

Murakame

Im having trouble fighting against the counter whore (Leifang) since her attacks comes out faster than Kasumi's for some weird reason :(

Unfortunately online Kasumi is not a speed demon. Her 11 frame mid is capable of being crushed by frigging Tina at Round 1 Fight. Tina. Not even a striker of equal speed. A grappler. It blows my mind.

Chaos

Unfortunately online Kasumi is not a speed demon. Her 11 frame mid is capable of being crushed by frigging Tina at Round 1 Fight. Tina. Not even a striker of equal speed. A grappler. It blows my mind.
that's pathetic :(

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD