Your DOA Collections!

game01er

Thanks, thats really interesting, maybe you can post a wiring diagram or some pictures about that, i can not imaging this.
What exactly do I need to get up and running this Cartridges, you say arcade Boards, is this necessary Hardware? Like computer Mainboard?
And also Power Supply? And the Jamma harness and Sega I/O Board i need for the controls?
Where get this all?
Thanks

gamemaster14

Thanks, thats really interesting, maybe you can post a wiring diagram or some pictures about that, i can not imaging this.
What exactly do I need to get up and running this Cartridges, you say arcade Boards, is this necessary Hardware? Like computer Mainboard?
And also Power Supply? And the Jamma harness and Sega I/O Board i need for the controls?
Where get this all?
Thanks
I actually bought everything on ebay. In order to get the Naomi cartridges to work you will need the following:

Naomi Motherboard (arcade pcb in nice plastic case)

JVS or Jamma I/O board

Jamma Harness (if using a jvs to Jamma I/o board)

JVS Harness (If using a JVS Type 1 or 2 I/O Board)

JVS Power supply (powers everything)

The game cartridge itself

Some sort of controller or control panel to connect to it (I use a neo geo controller spliced to the jamma harness)

Rehabhardcore

DOA5 Ultimate (unfortunately only digital)
DOA5 Last Round PS4
And I wait DOA Xtreme 3 PS4
I have one Helena poster:
untitled_by_rehabhardcore_d9fdnhx_by_rehabhardcore-d9nf3ob.jpg

P2p1mbs

Ever since I got an Xbox 360 back in 2012, I went out of my way to find used copies of DOA that are compatible since my old ones are not (my first copy of doaxbv was a hacked version, you know the kind ;)).

As of now, my collection is:

• DOA 3.1 (used)
  • DOAXBV ("new", purchased on discount in Japan)
  • DOA2 Ultimate (used, the guy I bought it from already sold his copy of 1 ultimate, I guess he sold it separately to make more money but I'm surprised he even found a buyer)
  • DOA4 (used came with a cardboard sleeve which I tore up out of frustration trying to unlock everyone, you can guess why)
  • DOA5 (new,one of the first games I got for my 360)
  • DOA5U (new, came with a cleaning cloth of the game's cover which I never used)
  • DOA5LR (digital, one of my first xbone games)

I was visiting some game stores in Japan while on vacation and came across a copy of DOAXBV which I got on impulse since it was REALLY cheap (100 yen) I'll add it into my collection even if I can't play it (my original xbox died years ago and its not compatible in 360). I also found collector's edition of last round for xbone (plenty of copies in fact, just shows how unpopular xbox is in japan) and I was REALLY tempted to buy it just for the extra stuff but decided not to.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Another new update for me. The items that are new since my last post are in bold.

Games:
-Dead or Alive 3 (NTSC, Platinum Hits)
-Dead or Alive 3 (NTSC-J, two copies, one of them is factory sealed)
-Dead or Alive 3 (PAL)
-Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball (NTSC with foil promo card)
-Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball (NTSC-J original and NTSC-J Platinum Collection, both complete with all original contents)
-Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball (PAL, factory sealed)
-Dead or Alive Ultimate (NTSC, two copies complete with all original contents, one with Kasumi/Ayane cards, one with Tina/Leifang cards)
-Dead or Alive Ultimate (NTSC-J, two copies, one complete with all original contents, one factory sealed in my Kasumi-chan Xbox bundle)
-Dead or Alive 4 (NTSC Platinum Hits)
-Dead or Alive 4 (NTSC-J, factory sealed and with the Japan exclusive pre-order sleeve)
-Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (NTSC)
-Dead or Alive Paradise (NTSC)
-Dead or Alive: Dimensions (NTSC)
-Dead or Alive 5 (NTSC, Xbox 360 Collector's Edition)
-Dead or Alive 5+ (NTSC)
-Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (NTSC, Xbox 360)
-Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (NTSC, Xbox One)
-Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (NTSC, PlayStation 4)

Books:
-Dead or Alive 3 Perfect Guide (Japanese)
-Dead or Alive 3 Official Capture Guide (Japanese, with obi)
-Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball Best Shot (Japanese, with obi)
-Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball Best Shot Fresh!! (Japanese, with obi)
-Dead or Alive Ultimate Best Shot (Japanese, with obi)
-Dead or Alive Ultimate Official Guide (Japanese, with obi and sleeve)
-Dead or Alive Ultimate Prima Official Game Guide
-Dead or Alive 4 Official Guide Basic File (Japanese)
-Dead or Alive 4 Official Guide Master File (Japanese)
-Dead or Alive: Dimensions Guide Book (Japanese)
-Dead or Alive 5 Prima Official Game Guide

Music:
-Dead or Alive 2 Original Sound Trax
-Dead or Alive 2 Original Sound Trax PlayStation 2 Version (factory sealed)
-Dead or Alive 3 Original Sound Trax
-Dead or Alive Ultimate Original Sound Trax
-Dead or Alive 4 Original Sound Trax
-DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Soundtrack (in my DOA5 Collector's Edition)
-DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Soundtrack Vol.4 (from the DOA5LR Collector's Edition (which I don't own))

Other:
-Dead or Alive Kasumi-chan Blue Xbox (complete with all original contents)
-Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball playing cards (factory sealed)
-Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 playing cards (factory sealed)
-Digital Venus 2004
-Official Xbox Magazine #7 - June 2002, with DOA3 Booster Pack demo disc (two copies of the disc)
-Official Xbox Magazine #8 - July 2002, with DOA3 Booster Pack demo disc
-Official Xbox Magazine #9 - August 2002, with DOA3 Booster Pack demo disc
-Official Xbox Magazine #10 - September 2002, with DOA3 Booster Pack demo disc

And here are some bad photos of some of the new additions.

20160321_142256.jpg
20160321_142646.jpg

20160321_142748.jpg
20160321_142939.jpg
20160321_143244.jpg
DOAU JP front.jpg

DOAU JP back.jpg

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

I have:
Dead or Alive Ultimate
Dead or Alive 3.2
Dead or Alive 4
Dead or Alive 5/Ultimate (PS3, Ultimate is digital US ver.)
Dead or Alive 2 Hard*Core(JP PS2 Classic)
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Fortune(Asia digital ver.)

Merch:
Dead or Alive 5 OST Vol.3
DOA5U Momiji 3D Mouse pad
DOA5U Playing cards.

P2p1mbs

Only became a DOA fan last year, so not much to share
View attachment 20727 View attachment 20728 View attachment 20729

Thats a really nice collection, especially for someone who just recently got into the series. How long did it take you to find the older xbox games? It took me 3 months searching online for used copies myself (and they're not in very good condition) and it took some hunting in Japan to find my copies of the first 2 xtreme games and hard*core

Update to my collection:
  • DOA2: HARD*CORE (used but in perfect condition, NTSC-J)
  • DOAX2 (probably 2nd hand but perfect condition, NTSC-J)

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
How long did it take you to find the older xbox games? It took me 3 months searching online for used copies myself (and they're not in very good condition) and it took some hunting in Japan to find my copies of the first 2 xtreme games and hard*core

I know that question wasn't directed at me, but I use eBay to buy things for my collection. I can usually find NTSC and NTSC-J copies of the games up there pretty commonly, as well as tons of old Japanese DOA books. PAL versions of the games aren't usually as common for whatever reason.

I make it harder (and pricier) on myself though because I pretty much exclusively look for copies that are in excellent condition and include everything that the game originally game with that I'm aware of. Everything. That includes obvious stuff like the game disc, manual, case and cover art, but also anything else that may have been included, such as Tecmo product registration cards, Xbox Live trial cards (and they have to be unused), random advertisement slips for other products, etc. Copies that are still factory sealed are the absolute best though, of course. Extremely rare, considering this stuff is over ten years old.

If you don't care about the hardcore collecting aspect that I do though and you just want to have a playable copy of the game, you can definitely find basically any of them on eBay.

CumuluZ

Standard Donor
Thats a really nice collection, especially for someone who just recently got into the series. How long did it take you to find the older xbox games? It took me 3 months searching online for used copies myself (and they're not in very good condition) and it took some hunting in Japan to find my copies of the first 2 xtreme games and hard*core

Update to my collection:
  • DOA2: HARD*CORE (used but in perfect condition, NTSC-J)
  • DOAX2 (probably 2nd hand but perfect condition, NTSC-J)
Thanks! I also have the Japanese strongest ver. of DOAX3 on the way.

The older games didn't take too long actually, I bought them separately on ebay at reasonable prices. Would really like to get my hands on the strongest edition of DOA5LR, but the price is now pretty inflated imo.

P2p1mbs

The older games didn't take too long actually, I bought them separately on ebay at reasonable prices. Would really like to get my hands on the strongest edition of DOA5LR, but the price is now pretty inflated imo.

Not too difficult for you then. I actually exaggerate a bit about taking 3 months, I tried to find the games brand new in games and toy stores for a few weeks before I decided to just check online for playable copies. I found what I was looking for on first try and was able to arrange meet ups for the owners of each game I was looking for within a day of contacting them (it was also lucky for me that they all lived relatively close enough to meet with).

I actually found plenty of copies of special editions of every version of doa5 except the vita version while in Japan all at reasonable prices. Unsurprisingly, nearly all were xbox versions, it was actually quite sad seeing all those untouched copies, doomed to collect dust on the shelf.

Last edited:

firedragonsage88

Hello! I've had my account for a while now, but this is actually my first post on FSD. I've looked at everyone's collection and I think they look great.
Anyway, since DOAX3 just released, I thought I'd show my current collection here.
These pics are more of a Team Ninja collection than just DOA. Which is why Metroid Other M is in there. And Warriors Orochi 3U has Team Ninja characters so I threw that in there too. I have big collection of the Warriors games too, but this wouldn't be the place to show it. :p

Sorry for the blurry images. I have two cameras and they're both garbage.

First just the games:
3Ghs8cg.jpg

8USw1Jk.jpg

All the games are black label except for Ninja Gaiden II.
  • Dead or Alive 2 (Dreamcast)
  • Dead or Alive Dimensions (3DS)
  • Dead or Alive Ultimate Double Disc Collector's Edition w/ Kasumi & Ayane Trading Cards (Xbox)
    • Dead or Alive 1 Ultimate
    • Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate
  • Dead or Alive 3 (Xbox)
  • Dead or Alive 4 (Xbox 360)
  • Dead or Alive 5 (Xbox 360)
  • Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (Xbox 360)
  • Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (PS4)
  • Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (Xbox One)
  • Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball (Xbox)
  • Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (Xbox 360)
  • Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Fortune Collector's Edition (PS4)
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (PS Vita)
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus (PS Vita)
  • Ninja Gaiden II (Platinum Hits w/ Extra Mission Mode Expansion, Xbox 360)
  • Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Xbox 360)
  • Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Digital, Wii U)
  • Metroid: Other M (Wii)
  • Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (Xbox One)
For the DOAX3 goodies:
GGY3WyS.jpg

• Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Fortune Game
  • DOAX3 Fortune Playing Cards
  • DOAX3 Fortune Photobook
  • Marie Rose 3D Mouse Pad
  • Beach Body Ready? #DOAX3 Bumper Sticker (Play-Asia Bonus)
I was considering getting DOAX3 Venus for PS Vita, but didn't. Maybe I'll add it to my collection sometime in the future.

And now everything together:
thNhhcF.jpg

I don't have a lot of cool stuff like a lot of people here, just the games. It wasn't until DOAX3 came out that I had some actual merchandise. I'll probably get some more stuff at some point. So yeah, that's it!

Last edited:

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
How's the book that came with DOAX3? Any pre-production or beta stuff or is it all just photos of the various girls?

firedragonsage88

It's pretty good quality. Thick paper, hardcover. I really wasn't expecting hardcover so that was a nice surprise.
But yeah, it's just photos of the girls and one page each with a piece of info about them. It's all in Japanese, or maybe Chinese since it's from the Asia region. Either way, I can't read it.

P2p1mbs

This series has been my favorite gaming franchise for a while but I never realized how attached I am until I started buy copies of games for my collection despite not being able to play them. Case in point, besides buying a copy of DOAXBV and 2 Hardcore , I recently went out and got myself a copy of Dimensions without owning a 3ds and it costs more than I would want to pay for (XBV and Hardcore were largely impulse buys since they were really cheap).

Also, while at the store, I found copies of X3. I want to say it was a pleasant surprise but to me, its neither a surprise nor very pleasant (until the other girls are in, I'll never NOT be bitter about this). Looking back now, I do feel stupid for not expecting it to release locally (look at where I live). At least the copy of X2 I got works fine and it helps to take my mind out of 3.

Moneyspider_Todd

Here's mine!

Itagaki era:
DOA1 -Sega Saturn (NTSC-J Limited Edition with Dust Cover)
DOA1 -Playstation (Standard american version)
DOA2 -Sega Dreamcast (NTSC-J)
DOA2 Hard*Core -Playstation 2 (Standard japanese version)
DOA1 Ultimate -XBOX
DOA3 -XBOX
DOA4 -XBOX 360 (first print NTSC-U version)
DOA4 -XBOX 360 (platinum hits NTSC-U version)
DOAXBV -XBOX
DOAX2 -XBOX 360

Related
Ninja Gaiden 2 -XBOX 360
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword -Nintendo DS

Demos:
DOA4 (Digital)
DOA4 (Physical via OXBMagazine)
Ninja Gaiden II (Digital)

post itagaki era:
DOADimensions -Nintendo 3DS
DOA5 -XBOX 360
DOA5LR Core Fighters -PC (Steam)

Demos:
DOAParadise Demo -PSP (Digital)
DOA5 Premium Alpha Demo -XBOX 360 (Digital)
DOA5+ Demo -PSVita (Digital)

Others:
DOAOnline -PC (Unreleased/"beta". Back-Up Disc)
Metroid: Other M -Nintendo Wii (dev. by team ninja)
Hyrule Warrior Legends -Nintendo 3DS (co-dev. by team ninja)

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD