DOA5U Zack Combo's

Yaguar

We didn't have one, so here it is.
Was looking at post-CB options, found no where to compare mine to others so this happened.
I'll keep this updated as stuff comes in.

Note: Unless CH specified combo's and their damage have been tested on NH.

Counter Hit Combo's:
:6::P: :h: :6::K: :6::P::P: :6::P: :h: :7::K::K: - 102 Damage

:3::P::4: Combo's: (Theory below) - Works on all weights!
CH :3::P: :h: :3::P: :4: :P::P::P::K: - 77 Damage.

(Threshold version)
CH :6::P: :6::K: :6::P: :3::P: :4: :P::P::P::K: - 100 Damage.

Critical Burst Setups:
Where CB is noted either Sway :P+K: or :236::K: are possible

:9::P::P: :4::K: :236::K: - 68 Damage
:9::P::P: :4::P: :236::K: - 64 Damage
CH :4::K: :P+K: CB - 59 Damage

Can't be Staggered:
:2::P+K: :P::P::6_::P::6_::P: CB - 52 Damage
Sway :P::P: :h: :3::P::4: :P+K: CB - 51 Damage

Critical Burst Launch Options:
Test setup :9::P::P: :4::K: :236::K: ~ (68 Damage)
~ :3::3::K::K: :3::3::K::K: :6::K::K: - 119 Damage
~ :3::P+K: :2_: :K: :6::K::K: - 110 Damage
~ :3::P+K: :h: :3::3::K::K: :7::K::K: - 117 Damage

Power Launcher Input: :3::P+K: (Charged)
Power Launcher Options:

Power Launcher "No Timing" Options:
Provided by @Darth Lotonic X. Give him some love.

Theory: Initial hit is whiffed, whiffed hit shown as ( hit ), to create the follow up timing against the launch height.

Midscreen:
Alpha/Light:
(:P:) :9::K:, :9::K:, :7::P::4:, :P::P::P::K: - 116 Damage

Middle:
(:P:) :9::K:, :9::K:, :7::P::4:, :P::P::6::K::K: - 109 Damage

Heavy:
(:P:) :9::K:, :7::P::4:, :P::P::P::K: - 103 Damage

Wall:
Alpha:
(:P:) :7::P::4:, :2: :P::P::4:, :P::P::P::K: - 106 Damage

Alpha-Middle:
(:4::h:) :6::K:, :7::P::4:, :P::P::P::K: - 102 Damage

Heavy:
(:4::h:) :6::K:, :7::P::4:, :P::P::6::K::K: - 97 Damage

Credits:

@Darth Lotonic X - "No Timing" Power Launchers.

Last edited:

Yaguar

New little find (since I was Zack tech hunting).
:3::P: launches under 2 conditions.
1) Back to Back e.g. :3::P: :h: :3::P:
2) At threshold.

Why this is important? Easy!
:3::P: :4: it's one of his sway moves.

Now why this is important is because sway takes off the recovery of his move allowing you to do...
:P::P::P::K: netting more damage than :P::P::6::K::K:

I'll list a few above but this is just the theory for you.

EDIT: As an awesome little note this means he gets more damage than Momiji from stun launching.

Last edited:

Codemaster92163

Found an awesome combo using breakables next to walls, all guaranteed. So long as it's not on HCH, you hit them into the breakable object, then...

:4::K: > :4::H+K: > BT :4::K: > :2::P+K::P::P::6::P::6::P::4: > :P::P::6::K::K:

So yeah, all guaranteed (even on fastest stagger), TONS of damage, and it looks cool as hell. The only downside is you're only ever going to get this often on home. Of course, it'll work with the other breakables near a wall in Dragon Temple, Fuel, and Sanctuary.

Codemaster92163

Also, just figured out exactly how his 66P+K launch works and the most damage I can get.

So, the reason you can get more height from on off of his kick CB instead of his punch CB is due to the recovery frames. The longer the opponent slowly falls to the ground, the more height he'll achieve off of the launch. So, after using Sway P+K, wait 3 or 4 frames (which is much easier said than done) before going for 66P+K to achieve maximum height. 236K usually can be followed up striaght away.

Also, for max damage (on midweights and lightweights) use 66P+K > K > 7P4 >PP6KK

MasterHavik

Yup I been doing this. I'll like to mention his uppercut is good when you got someone in stun.

also code you should do this combo on CH sometimes...hoodless showed me this one a while ago

You can start with either PPKKKK or 6PKKKK when you get to the end of the stun and if they don't count they will get put in limbo stun. you can follow up with 4K2, P+K, 33KK, 6KK and you're netting like 120 dmg if I recall. It's so good man.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Yup I been doing this. I'll like to mention his uppercut is good when you got someone in stun.

also code you should do this combo on CH sometimes...hoodless showed me this one a while ago

You can start with either PPKKKK or 6PKKKK when you get to the end of the stun and if they don't count they will get put in limbo stun. you can follow up with 4K2, P+K, 33KK, 6KK and you're netting like 120 dmg if I recall. It's so good man.
It's great, but it's only do able when both characters are in the same stance, or when Zack is in closed stance, from what I believe.

Lulu

How good are the Launch/Relaunch Properties on :7::K: ?
I was wondering if its possible to use it just like Hayabusa's Handstand.... like twice in the middle of a good juggle.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
How good are the Launch/Relaunch Properties on :7::K: ?
I was wondering if its possible to use it just like Hayabusa's Handstand.... like twice in the middle of a good juggle.
You aren't able to do the move twice, because of the ridiculous buffer on 7K that makes you stumble up. The best you can do is finish the string or do the 7K:K buffered edition.

Lulu

You aren't able to do the move twice, because of the ridiculous buffer on 7K that makes you stumble up. The best you can do is finish the string or do the 7K:K buffered edition.

Damn !!! Oh well.... its fine... Zack is still awesome. ;)
Actually its just as good because the delayed kick guard breaks and if its successfull then it creates alot of space and its likely to knock the opponent into the enviroment.... lets Hayabusa do that... HA !!!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD