DOA5LR Zack Engage, Poke Attacks

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Well, hello guys. I decided to make a Zack engage and poke thread.

Engages
Like all characters, Zack has to sometimes play against Zoning characters (e.g Jann Lee), BUT, unlike other characters, he does have a little bit of trouble getting back in the fight, but he does have some useful attacks to get himself back where he was before, being the annoying beast that he is in close-range. I will list these:

9P~P (9PP):
Frames: i19 High P > i13 High P
Stun?: Yes
Good Follow-ups?: 4K (Sit-Down Stun)
Use: Zack's 9PP, believe it or not, is a very good engage for the far range spacing game. It gradually gets him closer to his opponents, and it only takes 1 9P to get him there, to delay another 9PP to get a hit or block. It is incredibly safe, too, as it's on -3 on block. Any thing you really can do is stay blocking. Unless you are Christie. She can get a 3P in. If you try to jab, Zack can just 2K you for a sweep. Great tool.

236H (Fake Roll) and Variants:
Use: ABUSE THIS MOVE. It has 2 valid follow-ups, which are safe (NOTE: The K is -8, but pushes the opponent out of throw range, same with the P, which is -7. Just don't do it when the opponent is next to a wall.), and can be cancelled by other attacks. Also, use attacks to throw of your opponent. Best thing with this is 236H>2H+K. It looks like a legit string, too. Do attacks that link into this amazing fake, too.

66P+K/33KP:

Frames: i50 Mid P/ i16 Mid K > i31 Mid P
Good Follow-ups?: Duck
Use: Don't use unless you are in extremely laggy conditions (Online), or you have scared your opponent that much, so you can do it, and aren't expecting such a slow move. On a plus side, it is +12 on block. 33KP, is the same, but you can do this at close-mid range, as there is an attack beforehand. +11 on block.

66PP
:
Frames: i12 Mid P > i21 High P
Good Follow-ups?: Anything (Preferably 214P)
Use: Very good. That's all I can say really. Mix it up with the _6PPPP variant, if your enemy tries to duck the high. Do about 2 of the punches, and bait a hold for a HiC throw. It's "Gureito Daze".

Safe Pokes
Now THIS, is where Zack shines. In the Mid-Close range battle. Let's face it. Zack is a brawler. A very good one at that. His close range arsenal is his best, where his mid range arsenal is still brilliant, but not as good. His mix-up game can leave you like:
1c9664dc7d.jpg
for days. And on top of that, his Sway and Duck throw mix-ups are too damn good. He has very good poking tools, and his good ones are very safe, though some are unsafe, but, hey. His good pokes and counters are:

P:
Frames: i10 High P
Stun?: No (Yes on Sway P)
Good follow-ups?: 2nd P
Use: This is basic, as P is a very good poke for every character in 3D fighting games. Need I go any further?

K:
Frames: i12 High K
Stun? Yes
Good Follow-ups?: >KKK
Use: Really good attack. Trust me. At mid range, you can catch your opponent, if they are stutter-stepping, or doing empty sidesteps. If that does hit, do the follow-up string, or just leave it alone, to create half a second's worth of spacing time. Naturally, K is -8 on block. With this disadvantage, you would think that you can throw punish, but listen here: You can't unless you are against a wall. The block stun pushes you out of throw range, but keeps me in range to HiC strike you. Very good tool.

4K2:
Frames: i17 Mid K
Stun?: Ja nai.
Good Follow-ups?: Any duck attack, or 6T (In Duck)
Use: Zack's backbone. Safest way to get himself in Duck, AND un-counter-strike-able. Everything you do gets stuffed in this interval. Zack is +2 on block with this, and if you do a standalone 4K, you will be -1 at close range, and neutral at far range. Crazy.

3K:
Frames: i14 Mid K
Stun?: Nope.
Good follow-ups?: N/A
Use: Use it at the very bridge of mid-range, for a safe poke. Do not use this anywhere else, if you are not aiming to finish the string. As it is -15 on block. It hits the majority of the time, as they will not be expecting to get hit by an attack with such long reach, as Zack is scripted to be a close-range character.

P (In Duck):
Frames: i15 Mid P
Good Follow-ups?: Sway P, Finished String
Use: Really, really, really, really, really abuse this attack at far-mid range, for +15 on hit, and neutral on block. Safe as fuuuuu.

6H+K:
Frames: i21 Mid K
Stun?: Nada
Good Follow-ups?: None
Use: Much like 3K. -5 at mid range.

8P:
Frames: i15 Mid P
Stun?: No
Good Follow-ups?: Not really...
Use: Close range safe poking. -5 on block, and you can delay it after P, for maximum stuffing counter potential, putting your opponent in stun. Be wary of this attack. Stay blocking after this one.

7P4:
Frames: i13 High P
Good follow-ups?: Sway Jabs, finished string, or fake for Hold Baits.
Use: -1 on block. Very good mix-up potential.

236K:
Frames: i20 Mid K
Good Follow-ups?: Anything
Use: -7 on block, but un punishable due to it's push back on block stun. Great tool besides it being a Critical Burst attack. Use in mid range, and when you are not pushing your opponent to the wall.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD