DOA5LR Zack's DOA5LR Balance Changes

RhythmikDesigns

**Update - English Translation**

• New move: 2KPP8 (feint)
  • PP: Advantage on normal hit from -5F to -6F.
  • PPPK series: Fixed the blowback direction on aerial hit.
  • 33P: Advantage on block changed from -18F to -10F.
  • 33PP: Changed to crouching status during startup.
  • 33P6P: Advantage on block changed from -6F to GB (+4).
  • 4K: Advantage on block changed from -1F to -4F.
  • 7K · K: Now causes wall bounce within 4m.
  • 46K: Charge time shortened to 35~55F
  • 46K (maximum charge): Damage changed from 55 to 65.
  • 4P+K (charge) H: Smoothed over the animation.
  • Ducking 22・88: Made the same as normal sidestep in terms of tracking, lower throws, and counters.
(Translated via Google Translate)

Including the addition of [adjustment policy] feint technique, was to adjust the character balance.
Add 2KPP8 feint of: new tricks
PP: Change rigidity difference during normal hit in -5F⇒-6F
PPPK system: Fixed blow-off way at the time of air hit
33P: Change to guard rigidity difference -18F⇒-10F
33PP: Changes during the development of skills in the squatting status
33P6P: change in guard rigidity difference -6F⇒GB (+4)
4K: Change to guard rigidity difference -1F⇒-4F
7K · K: When 4m within there is a wall, we modified to blow successfully
46K: Reduce Tame time in 35 ~ 55F
46K (maximum Tame): change in damage 55⇒65
4P + K Tame in H: adjusted so that the character of the movement is smooth
Ducking in 22-88: Like other side step, adding the counter judgment against tracking skills and lower throw

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
(Translated via Google Translate)

Including the addition of [adjustment policy] feint technique, was to adjust the character balance.
Add 2KPP8 feint of: new tricks
PP: Change rigidity difference during normal hit in -5F⇒-6F
PPPK system: Fixed blow-off way at the time of air hit
33P: Change to guard rigidity difference -18F⇒-10F
33PP: Changes during the development of skills in the squatting status
33P6P: change in guard rigidity difference -6F⇒GB (+4)
4K: Change to guard rigidity difference -1F⇒-4F
7K · K: When 4m within there is a wall, we modified to blow successfully
46K: Reduce Tame time in 35 ~ 55F
46K (maximum Tame): change in damage 55⇒65
4P + K Tame in H: adjusted so that the character of the movement is smooth
Ducking in 22-88: Like other side step, adding the counter judgment against tracking skills and lower throw

What do you guys think?
  • 2KPP8 is great, lemme tell you that.
  • 4K is now -4 on block, but it still retains it's advantage on hit, and will still be +1 on block when you duck. I think they made the block stun shorter so that it makes it -4.
  • 33P is now-10 on block. This is better, but I don't know what to do with it, as it's still very unsafe.
  • 33PP has squatting status = better crushes (Crushes mids now?)
  • 33P6P has GB. This is the best thing on there. I wanted this, as it'll be a more threatening attack, with +4.
  • Charge attacks have less charge time. Zack Hurricane (46K) will have some use now. STILL UNBLOCKABLE.
  • Ducking 22/88 has proper sidestep properties? Niiice. I will use this a lot more, as I can beat out non-tracking attacks, but I'm still susceptible to throws, yet it is highly unlikely to be thrown by someone as the transition inbetween these attacks are too fast and smooth.
This is a really good buff for Zack, despite the slight nerf on his 4K on block (That no-one uses).

RhythmikDesigns

Not sure about the 33PP crushing mids, but if its squatting status mean it can be high or low thrown. I'm assuming this on block, and what we'll have to wait and see if 33PP2 is included in this.

Also I'm not a fan of PP being nerfed to -6 on block now that I know Raidou has a 5i 6T.

Overall I think its a neutral balance change.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I don't really mind having PP as -6 on block because if the opponent blocks the first P, I wouldn't do the second P unless I am aiming to do PP, and delay the third P to bait the counter hit. This tactic will be better against people who will try to throw me out of this. Swaying or Ducking is good too.

I'm fairly contempt with the change on PP.

The highlight of the changelist for Zack is 2KPP8, and 33P6P getting guard break. Duck 2/8 having real sidestep properties is a plus too.

Zack will still be the beast he was in 5U.

RhythmikDesigns

I agree somewhat. 33P6P I'll wait to see, because if the animation is left as is, it will still be hella interruptable/crushable between the 33P and 6P. Maybe that's changed though. I'm not upset with the changes. Having 2KPP8 is great, and will be even better if we get our P and K options out of the feint (since it was not stated). I'm also hoping, like you, this translation means that duck 2/8 will have SS properties, which will give 2P greater utility in his unholdable game, but my gut is telling me that's not the case with "adding the counter judgment against tracking skills and lower throw" being added to that bullet point. I'm hoping my gut is wrong though.

RhythmikDesigns

I actually think that Duck 22/88 is a nerf after looking at it again. I think what it is saying that that if you get hit with a tracking move or low throw it will be on Counter.

Codemaster92163

I actually think that Duck 22/88 is a nerf after looking at it again. I think what it is saying that that if you get hit with a tracking move or low throw it will be on Counter.

I was just coming in here to say that. The move has always had SS properties, but it didn't have the negatives associated with general SSs (being counter hit by tracking moves, getting low thrown for counter hit damage). I mean, it's not a huge nerf, but you can't just throw it out like you used to now that you can and will be stunned if you're hit out of it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD