30 slots cap on select screen, 8 more spaces available

Saro

I tried to fill up the current select screen. Of course the portraits could get smaller or the posters on the side, but at the moment it perfectly fits 30 chars.

I filled it with the currently revealed characters, which are 21, including Nyotengu, Phase-4 and the new announced female character (question mark).

I also supposed there's going to be the classic roll of the dice to select a random character. This fills up the screen at an even number of 22.

The spaces left are 8 only, but usually they get filled by DLCs after release. Could it be possible that we're already seeing the full launch roster, or the number is 25 as speculated by some relating to the deluxe edition?

If that's the case, we might still see 4 more coming for release, and 4 more slots only available for future DLC, which will bring the total cast to 29, or 30 if the dices gets taken off it.

Attachments

• DOA6 select.png
    DOA6 select.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 301
Wait, there's a "blow" rating? That's hilarious. But given the current trends in the industry there's no way you're getting that screen filled for a measly $60. And it wouldn't surprise me if the new girls are all DLC.

Ninoasker

Clearly those spaces are all for Leon, there's no way his beefy and great self can fit in just one tile.
tenor.gif

On a real talk though, there really is enough tiles for every veteran to return and make a consistent base game roster. Lisa, Kokoro, Eliot, Gen Fu, Leon, Ein, Raidou and there's the extra space left for the new girl. I really can see this working for a day 1 roster, and then they can just add some extra tiles whenever they add the DLC girls, which clearly will be Momiji and Rachel, since they can make more profit out of these two than, let's say, Gen Fu and Ein. Plus, DOA5 didn't really got that many DLC characters (and they always ended being included in the new versions of the game), so I just refuse to believe they would make 8 DLC characters (10 with Nyo and Phase 4). Pretty sure they prefer to use the $$$ to make costume DLCs, since they know these work, they are easier to make (don't need to make a whole new model, animations, sounds...) and will cause less drama in their player base than making too many character DLCs.

d3v

Blow rating likely refers to meter and Break Blow.

It's still hilarious though.

Macca Beam

haha, you know what would print more money than costume DLCs?

costume AND character DLCs. if i was running a business i'd sell stages too, because i know the drones would still be in a rush to spread their wallets open

and i doubt drama in the playerbase will be a concern. they only need to look at ... practically every active fighting game on the market right now and go "oh, that clearly worked"

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD