Release 6++ Gameplay Overhaul - Skies Of Vengeance 4.1 hotfix

Rev_an

REDELBE is now required: download (hosted on game banana) if you were using costume, UI, and/or weather mods you already have it.

Delete any .g1co and .g1m files in REDELBE\FieldEditor4 you should only have cosmetic mod files (probably just *.g1t) in there after update 4

Delete the contents of
REDELBE\KIDSSystemResource before installing this update, we're not using the O_whatever.kidsobj anymore and toggling stage mods now requires restarting the game.

DO NOT delete
FieldEditor4.rdb.bin69 or FieldEditor4.rdb when switching versions, they don't change the base game at all.

Latest gameplay build Beta Update 4.1 hotfix: download 11 january 2024 (if you had update 4 you just need to replace the mod folder, updating from 3.x follow the above instructions)

hotfix changes: zack 236p+k back in, unintended stun threshold properties on momiji 46p removed.

U4 patchnotes: link

errata: diego 3k6k was removed on purpose and shouldn't be in the notes

for the stage mods see: here initially and here for update 4

Redelbe 3.0: download (hosted on game banana)

briefly: stage mods require redelbe because it's easier, swapping some files in the KIDSSystemResource database for ones in redelbe's subfolder on-load. We used to also swap into FieldEditor4 but that caused some issues for international users so all the modified assets that used to be swapped from there are now injected with alex's patch tech.

stage mods are mostly on a "playable alpha" state so please report any walls you clip through, foreground objects blocking the camera, framerate slowdown, etc. Some cosmetic stage mods change the transparency of some objects and I can't really account for that. Lighting mods may be incompatible with new stages, or they might drastically improve them but all of them are created assuming default ENVs and object transparency.

known bugs:
douglas memorial netplay works for some people and not others. maybe related to graphics cards but who knows.
loading new stages in VS is a little funky sometimes, they don't clear the previous start position index so you might have round 1 in a weird place. use winner stays or one of the other rematch options to avoid the issue completely.

For windows users who want to switch between modded and unmodded play I've created a batch script (Launch 6++ and auto-deactivate when done.bat) that automates toggling the functional portion of the mod, just put that file in the doa 6 game folder with the other mod files, double click on it or right-click create shortcut. It'll start the game, open a text window that checks whether the game is running (so leave that in the background), and then when you close the game it'll deactivate the mod automatically after 10-15 seconds when windows is done with all the technical stuff.

Once you've launched 6++ with the launcher script once, running doa 6 through steam or the normal desktop shortcut will always launch unmodded. I may do some extra work later to make the script into an executable that you can side-load into your steam library but windows doesn't like unknown unsigned .exe files and neither should you.

I'll try to make a better version of this, if you have the scripts they'll still function, otherwise rename the d3d11 application extension and the redelbe subfolder KIDSSystemResource to toggle the mods

Alex's moveset swapper thread which enables this project to exist. Check out his readme for the advanced functions included with the mod, especially useful in training mode.

Issue tracker: deprecated for new release and i wasn't maintaining it consistently, sorry.

here's a youtube playlist of other peoples' mod gameplay and combo videos.

version updates of the mod generally breaks replay playback. The meat of replay files are mostly inputs and timings so if you change what the inputs do or when a player is allowed to press you'll get some inaccurate mess, keep a backup of old versions if you want to see old replays i guess.

if you're using costume mods you might get some non-gameplay affecting misalignments of the model and colliders, i'm looking at some ayane costume somebody ported or remade manually from 5 and some of the limbs are a little too big. Doesn't affect the collider placement but you might see something incorrectly appear to hit when the model is bigger than the hurtbox (this could happen with unmoded costumes, the capsules are sized to a swimsuit costume not the clothes, so "hitting" jann lee's pants usually won't count). Refer to the colliders for any questions about something hitting or not hitting.

Big thanks again to AlexXsWx for making all this in particular possible, as well as proofreading, and turning some of my more complex logic into efficient code (that's why this is like a week early lol)

More generally (one credit category per person):

The shoulders of giants we stand upon: Gultigargar, Ponton, UsagiZ, Grap3fruitman, Wazaaaaa and others over the years dissecting the game data and documenting previous games.

Hoodless, Killy, Gill Hustle, magicdeathgun, Crapo, Emann and others playtesting update 1.

All the players on the initial release who downloaded this thing, and especially the ones who kept playing it and reported issues.

Lots and lots of people pointing out new old moves or making actionable suggestions. There's still old stuff to add so keep those ideas coming, even if they're not directly practical we can try to do something about the root issue.

Content creators like Emery, Rikuto, Aquatwister and even the quality trolls like Lopedo.

and Perfectdark and Z-hime for making 6++ specific UI options for people on the ++ only life.

Last edited:

Rev_an

copy the contents of the zip to your doa 6 game folder, making sure to replace the old .ini file, old .dll, and old \mod\replacements\*.bin files if those were present.

new installation: open your steam library

extract or copy the files to the doa 6 game folder
NhmS9mv.png

If you want to turn the mod off, launch with the .bat script included in update 2.5 or higher. (note that the mod download defaults to "on" so you have to use the launcher once or rename the file manually to disable)

stage mods are on a separate script to accommodate non-redelbe users or people who don't like the modded stages, use "6++stagesOFF.bat" and "6++stagesON.bat" to toggle those. you'll have to also do that if you switch between 6++ and retail for a while. maybe someday i'll learn some kind of GUI stuff.

Disabling the mod

1. close the game
2, In the game folder find d3d11.dll (should be near the game exe, look for the logo) and rename it (e.g. d3d11.dll.off, then put it back when you want to get back on the mod)
3, in the REDELBE subfolders, remove all the .kidsobjdb files from KIDSSystemResource and all the .g1co files from FieldEditor4, plus a few .g1m files from that one, match the file names with the 6++ download. any .g1t files in FieldEditor4 are cosmetic and probably didn't come from me.

if you want to use the hitbox viewer or alex's other mod functions with the unmodded game, get the .ini file from his thread's download and make sure you replace it with mine if you want 6++ again (or edit the juggle scaling and break gauge lines every time you swap)

Last edited:

Rev_an

Alex's hitbox visualizer has a variety of additional functions, check out his mod thread and download his documentation for the full details, or look at the quick guide included with the gameplay update.

Features such as:

Viewing hitboxes​

Ctrl+Shift+1+2 - toggle display of all colliders

Ctrl+6 - increase opacity of underlay (makes it easier to see on stages like Seaside Eden)
Shift+6 - decrease opacity of underlay

Watch recent hitboxes frame by frame​

Space+6+7 (can hold) - Go 1 frame back in time
Space+6+8 (can hold) - Go 1 frame forward in time
Space+7+8 - Switch back to realtime hitboxes / clear display

I don't know what I just pressed​

Ctrl+Shift+0 - Reset everything back to defaults

Setting up custom reset position​

Easy labbing of wall setups, or even coconut combos
Space+5 - Toggle "use saved position on reset" (off by default, resets back to off every time you exit a fight)
Space+Shift+5 - Save current position
Space+Ctrl+5 - Load saved position

Saving and restoring COM recordings​

You can even edit saved recording as a plain text file to test frame-perfect inputs
Space+Ctrl+Shift+1 - Save COM recording
Space+Ctrl+1 - Restore COM recording

This list is not exhaustive, see README.txt in the hitbox viewer's standalone download for more information

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Mai 1k, 8p, 6pk, and 6pkp changed to 1.19 oki on juggle hit

Curious your reasoning for 1k and 6pk getting that property. I mean I guess it looks similar to Ayane's 6k2k...

Also means that you'll never see 6pkp do it since there virtually is no way to whiff 6pk in juggle to my knowledge.

Will be interesting to test out.

raididiot

I don't know if it's intentional, but combo throws work a lot differently now? Like, you don't have to wait for the combo throw prompt to appear to continue/escape the throw. As in, if you want to escape a combo throw, just mash T now. Again, not sure if it's intentional but I don't see any documentation on it unless I'm blind.

Rev_an

I don't know if it's intentional, but combo throws work a lot differently now? Like, you don't have to wait for the combo throw prompt to appear to continue/escape the throw. As in, if you want to escape a combo throw, just mash T now. Again, not sure if it's intentional but I don't see any documentation on it unless I'm blind.
yeah that's complicated why it happened at all and it's why i took down the links to do a hotfix. i think i'll have it back up tomorrow night at the latest. i have some crappy workflow unfortunately that i made for myself so it's not a super quick fix but that's software development. in the meantime you can lab anything that isn't a combo throw i guess.

sorry for the inconvenience.

@Matt Ponton i hate low refloats and you can whiff it on 66T or maybe the egg dz but i'm sure it's never "correct" to do it like that. I could be convinced to change it to just the punches but i have a metaphorical fire to put out so tell me later if it's bad that it's like that.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Kasumi's BT 2P I can understand. But I don't know what the reason for this one is with Mai. Are you also nerfing Hayate and Hitomi's PP2K strings while you're at it?

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Oh, good. Now Christie won't look possessed when she buffers from DF stance...

And thanks for buffing Tamaki's 9k.

Rev_an

we've got a code fix, just need to implement it 31 times and then do all the fit and finish, should be back up later today

XxNoriakixX

Who thought that Kula needed buffs? She already is annoying and undebatably top tier. Some changes really need more player input before their respective implementations. But then, make Ryu's 44P safe, again, to give the move a purpose since we already have a faster anti ss move in 4P and 1P, please, if we are now buffing more top tiers for no reason
(Not meant in a harsh way btw):genfu:

Last edited:

Twin_T

But then, make Ryu's 44P safe, again, to give the move a purpose since we already have a faster anti ss move in 4P and 1P, please
44P stuns on NH (+24) and as you mentioned, tracks. Plus it's only 1f faster.
-8 on block sounds pretty reasonable imo.

Rev_an

Who thought that Kula needed buffs? She already is annoying and undebatably top tier. Some changes really need more player input before their respective implementations. But then, make Ryu's 44P safe, again, to give the move a purpose since we already have a faster anti ss move in 4P and 1P, please, if we are now buffing more top tiers for no reason
kula

the kula change isn't buffing her for the sake of it, we need to find a replacement for the juggle that was depending on some really bad pushcapsule design to work, i'm not married to this specific solution to that problem (and it looks way weirder than I thought it would, ngl) but the other suggestions so far like a 4k 6k situation aren't viable to code up because 4k goes backturned and facing changes mid-amination are really hard to deal with.

i did consult with a tester on a few options, 3p+k actual 6k was my first choice but there are other problems with the alternatives not hitting after 236p 3p+k at all or requiring like 8 active frames to connect, so among her mid kicks (don't want to add a mixup) there just isn't much to work with unless we figure out animation swaps and i decide to require redelbe.

Rev_an

new download links are up, hopefully we don't immediately find something else broken

make sure you talk to your friends or lobby joiners to make sure everybody has the fixed version of the update

Rob

Premium Donor
You either adjust or you switch to a more comfortable playstyle. There are enough guides and characters. That's how fighting games work. Some of you just don't want to work and always try to fault everything other than yourselves.

Life can be hard indeed, so adapt or play someone else xoxo

Rev_an

You either adjust or you switch to a more comfortable playstyle. There are enough guides and characters. That's how fighting games work. Some of you just don't want to work and always try to fault everything other than yourselves.

Life can be hard indeed, so adapt or play someone else xoxo
i mean that's the fighting game player mindset but it's reasonable feedback to my mind for people to say "i want to be able to do a juggle here" and sometimes that'll be finding something to replace something that got taken away, same as how kasumi's new bound replaces the old one, since a bunch of people got really mad and the people who tried to adapt said it wasn't good enough, so i went through the movelist and tried a few things.

Rob

Premium Donor
i mean that's the fighting game player mindset but it's reasonable feedback to my mind for people to say "i want to be able to do a juggle here" and sometimes that'll be finding something to replace something that got taken away, same as how kasumi's new bound replaces the old one, since a bunch of people got really mad and the people who tried to adapt said it wasn't good enough, so i went through the movelist and tried a few things.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD