DOA5U Akira's Frame Data & Combos

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I can do them and send each clip to you since you originally started it and deserve the credit for it.
I say add to them. I kinda rushed this together last night and missed all sorts of combos. I even missed 2 guaranteed combos that I've listed elsewhere:
:4::6::P:, :4::3::P:, :2::P:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K:
:3::h::P:, :214::P:, :P:, :H*+K:, :2::P:, :2_::4::6::P:

Wall splat combos:
:6::P::4::P+K:, :214::P:, :P:, :H*+K:, :2::P:, :2_::4::6::P:
:4::P::P:, :214::P:, :P:, :H*+K:, :2::P:, :2_::4::6::P:

Bounce combos with :4::P::P+K:

It can be a team effort.

I'll record them all but if someone can provide specific combos and sections to do so I'm not flying blind, that would be awesome. I want to cover ALL bases on how to play Akira so that it becomes THE video that one goes to when they want to learn Akira in DOA5U. Just so it's a complete and definitive guide.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I'll record them all but if someone can provide specific combos and sections to do so I'm not flying blind, that would be awesome. I want to cover ALL bases on how to play Akira so that it becomes THE video that one goes to when they want to learn Akira in DOA5U. Just so it's a complete and definitive guide.
That's going to be a serious video. Do you want only combos that cannot be slow escaped? There are so many variables that can lead to a heafty list.

That's going to be a serious video. Do you want only combos that cannot be slow escaped? There are so many variables that can lead to a heafty list.

Anything you feel would be necessary. But it shouldn't just be combos. It should also be a mix of punishers, pseudo-force techs, GBoD setups, :9::h: setups, etc.

LoK N Ki

So you are willing to go all out and make a truly indepth character guide?
Aside from knowing the abolute basics with Akira i'm not much help in providing any any actual setups/combos etc, especially as i don't have a console available atm...(doesn't everyone have this excuse :confused:)

866AiN999 has released multiple combo vid/guides for different characters, though not REALLY indepth you might get an inspiration from that.

I have a suggestion for the layout:
1. INTRODUCTION
2. OVERVIEW MOVES
2.1 Frame Advantage/Minor Disadvantage
2.2 Spacing and Positioning Moves
2.3 Dealing with Pressure
2.4 The Knee( People will ask questions on how to perform this move, tips for pad and stick)
2.5 Wall Splatting Moves(maybe move this to wall combo section)
2.6 Moves to Punish With.​
3. COMBOS
3.1 Guarenteed Combos
3.1.1 Counter Hit​
3.2 Non- Guarenteed Combos
3.2.1 Counter Hit​
3.3 Critical Burst (Distinction between 1-2 guesses, idea from Emperor Cow)
3.4 Wall Combos(Maybe incorporate the wall splatting moves in this section instead)​
4. PRESSURE AND BAITING(how to work your frame advantage/minor disadvantage to open someone)
4.1 How to Pressure(how to work your frame advantage/minor disadvantage to open someone)
4.2 Guard Breaking(GBoD and general guard breaking, how to set it up)
4.3 :9::h:(when to use and the followups, might be better in combo section...)
4.4 General Oki and Pseudo forcetechs​
5. EXAMPLE MATCHES( some links to other Youtube videos or edit them in...though that might make it really long)

These are just suggestions and it would take a MASSIVE amount of effort to implement this all, the research, the recording, the editing...oh boy. But this is the least/best i can do atm.

:akira:

Last edited:

LoK N Ki

I'm not the one doing the actual work so i'll just go with the flow xD
Linking of the matches seems alot more logical and just plain less of a hassle.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I can probably make a video on the knees on all 3 configurations. Dualshock/Pad/Arcade Stick and basically reduce the size of the video and attach it using the controller/pad/arcade stick at the bottom right corner of the video performing the knee. You guys can probably do everything else. Or you all can do the knee input if you want.

I think we all can contribute to the Youtube matches. that's a bit easier, unless your talking about actual editing of certain potential parts.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD