Alpha-152 general discussion

synce

Just talk about anything Alpha related.

I saw this image today and it cracked me up so hard but I had no idea where to post it, so here it is.

fPQoSb3.jpg

I also found it interesting that despite there being so little Alpha fan art there's this recurring theme of beating her up lol

Bopjgik.jpg

ErickBello

Lol @the image
And the last one is from an hentai CG, fetishes and stuff...

Anyway, when I hit the summer break, I'll start into Alpha's frame data so that, also I'm looking for Guaranteed setups (if she has any)

synce

Sadly I don't think there's nothing guaranteed outside of tag, although she had a couple NC's pre-1.03.

Here's a sweet little DOA4 hack:

Some hilariously creepy shit starts at 1:55

Also, if Alpha and Tengu had a child:

alphatengu_zps1050aa01.jpg

FlamingMuffin

Her KKK string was endless? That's hilarious.

I haven't found anything guaranteed unfortunately apart from 3K crumple options (3H+K launch if not held or a 3K/6P+K CB mixup at threshold).

synce

Channeling the spirit of Chun Li...

Chuny-ts-kickz.gif

Can anyone think of a good reason they removed her unique sidestep? I heard it was present in DOAD, and the AI still does it in DOA5... I'd like to see it return in DOA6 or even DOA5U. And as always some teleports would be nice. I don't care if they're even worse than Ryu's, I'm gonna be too busy stylin

ErickBello

Alpha sidestep on DOAD was glorious.
And If we get to teleport freely, it would be the Ryu style teleport also it would be nice to have it on certain strings and not leaving alpha in the floating state :/

ErickBello

Someone in DR asked me about Alpha's force techs, and I thought... does she have any? Because I only can think of 2H+K, 2K, 6K, 4K, and 7K ocassionally, and the only that leaves her on the positives is 2H+K.

Also, Xbladez getting away with Alpha like a boss!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Recently got a pen tablet, broke it in with a little Alpha doodle

sketchalpha_zps6849ddd6.jpg

Next one should be a little more fleshed out :tengu:

Looks nice. might look good as a replacement for the current smiley, if you can match the style.

:alpha152:

Nightpup

Someone in DR asked me about Alpha's force techs, and I thought... does she have any? Because I only can think of 2H+K, 2K, 6K, 4K, and 7K ocassionally, and the only that leaves her on the positives is 2H+K.

Also, Xbladez getting away with Alpha like a boss!
3PPPP, 4K at certain heights is an unavoidable forcetech on anyone below mid weight.

synce

Looks nice. might look good as a replacement for the current smiley, if you can match the style.

:alpha152:

Thanks, I hadn't even realized there was an Alpha smiley until now... it looks fine to me but I notice there's a few other characters missing, if the original artist is no longer available I could maybe try to mimic the style.

I might even do the entire cast in my own style if I can find the time, not necessarily for any site but you could use it if you want.

synce

Just now discovering Alpha's AI-exclusive sidestep avoids grabs... Total bullshit, teasing players with cool moves they can't even use :/

cap-alpha-ss.jpg

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor

Very nice. Still waiting on more Tengu ones...

Thanks, I hadn't even realized there was an Alpha smiley until now... it looks fine to me but I notice there's a few other characters missing, if the original artist is no longer available I could maybe try to mimic the style.

I might even do the entire cast in my own style if I can find the time, not necessarily for any site but you could use it if you want.

That would be cool.

synce

I'll definitely put some Tengu stuff together once he's revealed ;)

But with DOA5U official I think it's time for some wishlists... Here's what I want for Alpha:

- Non-nude costume
- Better lose animation
- Usable AI-only moves
- Unique tag throw or cliffhanger
- More variety of grunts/moans
- 7K should reset again
- Fix the goddamn BT FLT P glitch lol

Nightpup

Here's what I want for Alpha:
-Costume for every color of the rainbow
-Unique power blow and cliffhanger, or at least change the teleportation sounds
-2KKK guaranteed again
-7K to reset again
-4KKKK to bounce on third hit again
-Tag throw with Kasumi and Ein
-Return of her floating fetal position win pose
-Unique sidestep to be useable again
-Teleports off of floating stance
-Teleport wakeup on wall hit
-33T to do 65 damage again

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Here's what I want for Alpha:
-Costume for every color of the rainbow
-Unique power blow and cliffhanger, or at least change the teleportation sounds
-2KKK guaranteed again
-7K to reset again
-4KKKK to bounce on third hit again
-Tag throw with Kasumi and Ein
-Return of her floating fetal position win pose
-Unique sidestep to be useable again
-Teleports off of floating stance
-Teleport wakeup on wall hit
-33T to do 65 damage again

Dude, you so totally get me.

synce

Would be nice but I don't think they'll bring back 1.02 Alpha, especially 2KKK. It was fun to troll with occassionally but too many scrubs abused it or complained about it

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD