Alpha's Weaknesses

Creaper609

I've yet to unlock Alpha and am unsure of exactly what she can do. I'm often at a loss for what to do when facing her online. Most people I've encountered seem to spam her combos and I can't seem to be able to gain moment and punish in between her combos. At distance, I can't get around her swooping teleport. Any advice for a Mila player against this matchup?

damedame

Mila destroys her.
2 things about alpha that make her low tier.
#1) She has ZERO damaging defensive holds. (Her parries can do dmg... but you can't parry when stunned)
#2) She has no ground kicks. (Unless she's upside down with her head facing you, then she has one...)

This means you can be EXTREMELY offensive and NEVER let alpha have any space.

Also 90% of her combos are midkick or midpunch, so you can punish that too, unless they really know to mix up.

Raansu

I've yet to unlock Alpha and am unsure of exactly what she can do. I'm often at a loss for what to do when facing her online. Most people I've encountered seem to spam her combos and I can't seem to be able to gain moment and punish in between her combos. At distance, I can't get around her swooping teleport. Any advice for a Mila player against this matchup?

Just block her flying attack and then juggle her. She's at a massive disadvantage if that gets blocked. The biggest thing is to just pressure her and keep her cornered. Her holds do no damage and she has no wake up game. The minute you knock her to the ground she is pretty much screwed.

Creaper609

Wow, I did not know she had no wakeup kick. I instinctually space myself to punish kicks. One issue is I'm often host for ranked matches and most Alpha players pick dojo so I can't corner.

TRI Mike

she actually has damaging holds. When playing as Alpha, forget about the existence of 4H, 6H and 7H and just use parries for mids and highs. Never use the flying punch on a competent player, FSD a lot to avoid being cornered and if someone tries to rush you down, rush them down as well. Alpha's defense is almost non-existent but her offense is very good if the player knows her limits.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
It's also well to mention, tiny levels such as Home are not great for Alpha players. Especially for those who like to FLOAT and DIVE constantly.

synce

Even when I don't pick Alpha I hate fighting in Home, I wish everyone would filter that trash out of random select. No room to maneuver, danger zones everywhere, walls not breaking, camera reversing, it's probably the worst designed level ever.

Raansu

Even when I don't pick Alpha I hate fighting in Home, I wish everyone would filter that trash out of random select. No room to maneuver, danger zones everywhere, walls not breaking, camera reversing, it's probably the worst designed level ever.
I wouldn't mind it if the floors didn't break.

Brute

Standard Donor
The close quarters can be annoying, but on the flip-side I love the outside portion of it.

Also, izunas are quite fun under roofs.

DR2K

Small spaces, but even then she can use that to her atvantage and get an easy 70% off your health bar.

damedame

same as any character... keep her under pressure. Don't let her make distance. Once you knock her down, don't let her get up without keeping on the pressure. (She has no rising kicks except in one downed stance so it's easy to never let her breath)...
If you let Alpha have her way and play the distance game, you have little chance. Her long range and fast speed (and long range OH) all make her pretty dangerous at a distance. Up close she has almost no options. A mid punch is her only good attack (or a simple jab), and both are very predictable.

With alpha I can usually beat people that LET me play MY way. If they force me on the ground and keep pressure, I get destroyed.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
I wanna say a good thing to look out for is her 7k backflip. The move is similar t Kasumi and players learn to thrw punish it pretty good, but Alpha gets like +5 on block or something, and they usually just do the move again, so don't try to throw it unless you wanna do a breakable 4 frame regular throw.

Intelligent Alpha

same as any character... keep her under pressure. Don't let her make distance. Once you knock her down, don't let her get up without keeping on the pressure. (She has no rising kicks except in one downed stance so it's easy to never let her breath)...
If you let Alpha have her way and play the distance game, you have little chance. Her long range and fast speed (and long range OH) all make her pretty dangerous at a distance. Up close she has almost no options. A mid punch is her only good attack (or a simple jab), and both are very predictable.

With alpha I can usually beat people that LET me play MY way. If they force me on the ground and keep pressure, I get destroyed.

Blow them up with 236236T (I had one guy say "That was bullshit!" twice!) Home isn't that bad as Alpha can still win even in the other interior stages. The trick is to get to the exterior! Sakura and Home aren't that bad. It'll just take some thinking and finesse moving around! *This why knowing your surroundings is important! Just bait getting defenstrated! If it means taking damage, it's worth the risk!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD