Anti-Rachel strats, tips, and tricks thread.

DR2K

+ Heavyweight grappler
+ Force tech game
+ Great damage overall
+ OH out of jabs
+ Her evasive roll

-Tons of linear moves
-Slow
-Lacks decent crushes and evasion outside her roll.

Potentially will have a ton of bad match ups with speed characters, like most grapplers.

Will add more upon further inspection. Feel free to add to the discussion.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Thing is, she at the same time doesn't need lows (don't make your 41236T whiff!) and has a really nice low kick both in and out of string that stuns for +1 to +5. Comically slow 2P is funny, though.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Well, basically my point was that she doesn't need to play a mid/low mixup game 'cause she has a solid tick throw mixup game. You don't need to play a stun game with her.

Raansu

I feel the character is being overrated atm simply because she is new and people do not understand her yet. Is she solid? Yes, 100% so, she is very well off where she is, however she is fairly linear, lacks strong tracking tools and her mids are between 13-16 frames. Not super slow by any means but not fast either. She won't really be crushing/interrupting anyone mid string with mids. Her 1p on the other hand is exceptionally good and a great way to get out of jab pressure but that only goes so far and if you don't get that counter hit the follow up punch is unsafe on block.

I think given time people will figure out that she isn't as ridiculous as people make her out to be, but lets hope they figure that out before TN decides to throw the nerf bat her way...which sadly I do see coming.

Cla

Standard Donor
Yeah people who think she needs to be nerfed need to play as her first. See how often you get overwhelmed by the faster chars, which is like 75% of this game's roster. If she manages to get a hit in, she deserves good damage off of it. I feel like you have to work very hard to get your first hit in with her, so for the love of dear god reward me when I do.

Raansu

Another impluse nerf by TN Why? that could happen, but we still have alpha being alpha.

Because in the age of online patches and twitter that's what happens now. A lot of people are complaining about her so she will probably get nerfed.

DR2K

well people bitch about alpha and she's still being broken.

Actually she got buffed mostly and became super lightweight.

Yeah people who think she needs to be nerfed need to play as her first. See how often you get overwhelmed by the faster chars, which is like 75% of this game's roster. If she manages to get a hit in, she deserves good damage off of it. I feel like you have to work very hard to get your first hit in with her, so for the love of dear god reward me when I do.

Yeah Rachel is heavily disadvantaged aganst faster characters. No more than other grapplers.

rachel doesnt need to be nerfed in my opinion, tbh honest i think she needs i little more than what she has, she has lots of moves the dont lead into any string there just there, also i feel she need more guard breaks either that or a speed boost, she plays like spartan but didnt get any of her speed

XxSakuraLuvaxX

..As soon as I join an xbox party, all I hear is
'OMG RACHEL OP'
'DIS HO NEEDA BE NURRRFD'
'SO MANY F***ING RACHELS IN RANKED MATCH!'

~cryophoenix, currently as I type this message the number one Akira player

Raansu

rachel doesnt need to be nerfed in my opinion, tbh honest i think she needs i little more than what she has, she has lots of moves the dont lead into any string there just there, also i feel she need more guard breaks either that or a speed boost, she plays like spartan but didnt get any of her speed

She doesn't need more guard breaks, she just needs them to be advantage on block. I still find it silly to have guard break animations that are negative on block. Granted hers are only -2, but still, its silly to have that animation on something that doesn't give advantage.

AkaShocka

I read somewhere that when the opponent in knocked down, Rachel's 2k force techs and if it whiffs it is +. Is that right or have I been lied to?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD