Any decent DOA 6 guides for a noob?

Wasup guys! I'm starting over with Doa 6 trying to learn the game and becoming at least decent at, played Doa 5 before, but almost everyone wiped the floor with me, so eh you got the point. I watched YouTube tutorial videos on Doa 5, watched combo videos for my character, tried learning framedata and incorporate punishment into my game, but alas no dice. I guess a background in Tekken has something to do with it, as I am trying to create space between myself and the opponent and punish his whiffs, I am not really a rushdown type of player, more of a keep out guy.

So yeah I need some tips badly lol.

Thx. I was sooo annoyed back in Doa 5, back when I watched and rewatched guides on YouTube, and then reading the framedata, but then online I would just get stun over stun, and stun again leading to a power blow I believe, I tried to stagger escape out off it, tried using holds, but most of the time I would get stunned and juggled to death. My opponent would just run up to me and started doing strings, and I couldn't keep him away from me no matter how much I tried, well I guess that's what you deserve for not knowing characters matchups. So yeah, eventually I got annoyed and dropped doa 5 after seeing no progress.

Last edited:
One more thing. I can't reset the frame data table, how should I put it... So when I am actually performing a move, the table doesn't show the move properties anymore(meaning it's tracking, hit level, etc.) And now instead of showing how much of a frame advantage(or disadvantage I have) it shows the frame disadvantage from the opponents point of view when I am doing a move. How do I reset the frame data table to it's default settings? Thx.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
One more thing. I can't reset the frame data table, how should I put it... So when I am actually performing a move, the table doesn't show the move properties anymore(meaning it's tracking, hit level, etc.) And now instead of showing how much of a frame advantage(or disadvantage I have) it shows the frame disadvantage from the opponents point of view when I am doing a move. How do I reset the frame data table to it's default settings? Thx.
Press R3 or the right stick on the controller then press left or right.

Is the fighting info on screen? Otherwise try L3 or the left pad.
If I recall, l3 turns your character around, so that your back is turned towards the opponent. As for the R3, even by pressing left or right after it, it shows the other tables that have a moves range and such. It still doesn't show tracking properties of the move t that I perform, and the frame data that appears on the screen shows how bad my move is for the opponent to punish it. So for example if I knock down the opponent, or score a critical stun, it shows minus frames, meaning how bad it is for my opponent, not the plus frames how it used to do.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
If I recall, l3 turns your character around, so that your back is turned towards the opponent. As for the R3, even by pressing left or right after it, it shows the other tables that have a moves range and such. It still doesn't show tracking properties of the move t that I perform, and the frame data that appears on the screen shows how bad my move is for the opponent to punish it. So for example if I knock down the opponent, or score a critical stun, it shows minus frames, meaning how bad it is for my opponent, not the plus frames how it used to do.
Send a image of it so I can help you, sir

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD