Any videos of Hayate?

human013

I need to see how a fairly decent player plays. Anyone know where a large amount of Hayate videos are? I looked around but there isn't much.

Nate

All my good matches where I don't do retarded unsafe or accidental execution of an incorrect move I seem to never save. I had some great wins against U-ranked players where I just played phenomenally and of course I didn't save the replay (not for bragging rights, but for self study).

Here is one if you're hard pressed for any content. I wouldn't mind trying to make some more. I was tipsy, but you can eventually focus. And yes, I drink rum at home a lot. Don't judge, punks.

human013

I've been looking at these for references and I learned many things. Keep adding more if there are more. These have been really helpful.

human013

Well this is what I can do and I'm somewhat confident in it but I need to get better. No idea how I was able to survive in the last match with so many mistakes but I survived.

Also, anyone know how to make the video appear bigger? I have no idea what I did to make it that small.

Tenryuga

Well this is what I can do and I'm somewhat confident in it but I need to get better. No idea how I was able to survive in the last match with so many mistakes but I survived.

Also, anyone know how to make the video appear bigger? I have no idea what I did to make it that small.

Couple of things. Main thing I want you to work on is hit confirming. You get a NH stun off 8P+K P but go into 1K which is an unsafe move. In general 1K is best used in the neutral game as a crush. For poking and stun extension purposes 3K is superior.

In general you need to cut down on the unsafe things you do in neutral. I understand why you were trying to 7K at some points but an experienced player would have punished you hard for those whiffs.

Other than that you did well. Keep it up.

TakedaZX

I like how you're making use of standing K in the neutral game.

When I thought about it, I kind of thought of it as a change up to 3K in a way. I mean you know how I'll wave dash into a 3K as Hayate but thinking about K being used that way kind of makes a sensible choice too.

Standing K lightly stuns on NH and even if it's blocked, there's a follow up to push the opponent off you if they want to get button happy. I don't remember if that follow up tracks (not that it really needs to) but if it does that makes it an even better entry/keep out move.

That being said, if you catch someone on CH+, it's an even deeper stun to play with, which is nice. Same applies to 9P in a way but K probably out ranges it... maybe I'm over thinking this though.

Tenryuga

I like how you're making use of standing K in the neutral game.

When I thought about it, I kind of thought of it as a change up to 3K in a way. I mean you know how I'll wave dash into a 3K as Hayate but thinking about K being used that way kind of makes a sensible choice too.

Standing K lightly stuns on NH and even if it's blocked, there's a follow up to push the opponent off you if they want to get button happy. I don't remember if that follow up tracks (not that it really needs to) but if it does that makes it an even better entry/keep out move.

That being said, if you catch someone on CH+, it's an even deeper stun to play with, which is nice. Same applies to 9P in a way but K probably out ranges it... maybe I'm over thinking this though.

I try to use K and 9P as ranged intercepts and whiff punishment. 3K and 6P i use as ranged intercepts for the CH. Reason I dont use those two for whiff punishment that much is because 6P is leaving me at -12 and 3K is only +1 compared to the deep stuns of K and 9P.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD