Ayane Dead or Alive 6 General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Greetings everyone, F.O.N. here. This thread will be used for any discussion pertaining to Ayane's gameplay or attributes in Dead or Alive 6!

Ayane_%28Dead_or_Alive%29.png

I'll get the ball rolling:

What do people think of Ayane's new "helicopter" high launcher out of her forward twirl stance from Christie's reveal trailer?

Dr PaC

I like her new options from that spin. I think now she has a low, med and high, so her mixup game will be better than it already was. Her and Christie will be mixup monsters. I hoping Helena will have some new options as well

Onryoki

Standard Donor
This might be an unpopular opinion but... I actually want her purple recolour of Nyotengu’s C1 in 6. That might not happen but it’s a personal wish of mine.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
The exclusive costume from the now defunct Season Pass 4? Nope, not a bad choice at all dude. The more the merrier haha. Just no bunny outfits...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
@Force_of_Nature Just thought I would let you know and any other Ayane players of interest to me here that the new tweet on Twitter says that sit down stuns will have the "fatal stun" property so you can't escape a SDS unless you perform a break hold and since you don't have to worry about stagger escaping anymore to my knowledge that can lead into some interesting set ups :-D

Idk if Ayane will receive a different attack with the property but assuming the stun is applied to her 4K which is her go to SDS that I know of, I tested these using that stun and these will be likely guaranteed as long as your opponent doesn't break hold out of it(and if you feel like they will, you can just bait a BH so you won't have to worry):

-:3::P:(Has a mid and low follow up so you can use this to either bait for a hold or you can continue for a longer combo set up before a launch if you want to risk being held. This is however only guaranteed from a distance and not up close)

-:4::P+K:(Mid launcher)

-:6::6::P:(Not only excellent as a bait but you can go backturned immediately afterwards which can make for some nasty mix upso_O) This isn't guaranteed up close but if you do it from a distance while your opponent is caged by a wall it'll continue the combo

-:6::6::K::K:(This was my favorite guarantee to find, you can free cancel the move, go backturned or even finish the string so I can imagine you can create some nasty situations with this xD) Once again this only works at max or slight distance

-:1::P: is also guaranteed and leaves you backturned to bait and it has a high and low follow up to be wary of. Only works at max distance so I would use this against walls

-:8::P:, :236::H+K::h:, and :1::P+K:/:1_::P+K: don't damage the opponent per say but in this scenario if you want to go for a flashy bait, I think these would be excellent to use in this situation if you want your opponent to waste their break gauge on a missed break hold xD

That's all I could find atm, especially since my Ayane knowledge is limited but hopefully I'll get more familiar with her when DOA6 comes out since my sister uses her

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Yeah, I like the lack of Slow escaping in DOA6 because it makes the stun game homogenous in the good way in terms of consistency. It's basically a game of "Do you feel lucky with your Break Hold or not?" Since Break Holds cost meter, calculated risks will be a big thing as opposed to straight-up guesses after stuns.

As for Ayane's 4K, only 6P, 6K or 2P are guaranteed after a fastest slow escape. 3P or other i15's will only work after a "FAST" slow escape or slower. 6P3 is the go-to "guarantee" after 4K, and likely will remain the same in DOA6. Now, if 4H+K can not be an ass move in DOA6 because it can lead to some nasty limbo stuns in DOA5LR. Would also want 3H+K to lead to some nasty shit in DOA6 too.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah, I like the lack of Slow escaping in DOA6 because it makes stun game homogenous in the good way in terms of consistency. It's basically a game of "Do you feel lucky with your Break Hold or not?" Since Break Holds cost meter, calculated risks will be a big thing as opposed to straight-up guesses after stuns.

As for Ayane's 4K, only 6P, 6K or 2P are guaranteed after a fastest slow escape. 3P or other i15's will only work after a "FAST" slow escape or slower. 6P3 is the go-to "guarantee" after 4K, and likely will remain the same in DOA6. Now, if 4H+K can not be an ass move in DOA6 because it can lead to some nasty limbo stuns in DOA5LR. Would also want 3H+K to lead to some nasty shit in DOA6 too.
I thought DOA6 didn't have slow escaping tho? Wasn't it removed?

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
The way how DOA6's stun recovery works is that every stun will be treated as a "FASTEST" slow escape. Basically stun durations will feel reduced as a result. For instance, Ayane's 4K will just be +16 on hit as opposed to the +23 or so on no slow escape in DOA5LR.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The way how DOA6's stun recovery works is that every stun will be treated as a "FASTEST" slow escape. Basically stun durations will feel reduced as a result. For instance, Ayane's 4K will just be +16 on hit as opposed to the +23 or so on no slow escape in DOA5LR.
Ohhh I see, thank you for telling me, I just assumed it was treated as if you held from the fastest critical hold xD

I went back and although what I found didn't work up CLOSE, because Ayane gains 18i or 17i from mid to max range distance, the follow ups I found will work in that case if you do it from max to mid range distance:D. I guess this means for Ayane you'll definitely have to have a solid zoning and spacing game so you can get the most from those guarantees since the ones that do work up CLOSE like 6P are way more limited xD

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't think it's new tbh, Ayane has always been able to delay certain attacks for better damage and pushback, I think they just added that ability to a few moves like these to make them more useful since PPPK and 66KKK weren't really used like that in DOA5LR. She's looking more fun to use tho, hopefully they share more if she had more attacks like this

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
The PPPK has an additional hit and the 66KKK will deal extra damage and gets a new animation effect under the new delay mechanic. Those other strings have different properties and tend to be different strikes altogether with the old delay. I personally saw PPPK and 66KKK from a LOT of new-intermediate Ayane players.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Thought I'd share this since it's Ayane related:

It looks like they buffed :P::P::P::K: and :6::6::K::K::K:, if you delay them they'll deal more damage so it looks like they're giving these moves and maybe more better damage abilities like the attacks she already has that do that like:4::P::K:

Ah neat. Though if PPPK is still, like, -30, on block, it's going to be relegated to just combo filler like in DOA5. The mechanic with 66KK~K is pretty cool, though I'm pretty sure both 66KKK & 66KK~K are still going to be very unsafe on block. If 66KK~K could be safe on block, the 66KK string will become very dangerous (though if 66KK will be mid-high, I'm guessing that punishing the high will be important to discourage abuse like in DOA5).

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD