Balance Patch

Lulu

Well it would be nice if his :P: was atleast +0 on hit.

Hey when did they Nerf the Re-Launching height on Hayabusa's Hand Stand Kick (WR:4::K:) ?

I saw a 5U Combo Video where bouncing with :9::K: and then relaunching with WR:4::K: was high enough to allow Hayabusa to perform an Air Throw on Mid Weights........ I tried doing the same thing and it seems like this doesn't work on that weight class anymore.

If theres one buff I would like it would be that one.

Last edited by a moderator:

KING JAIMY

Hey when did they Nerf the Re-Launching height on Hayabusa's Hand Stand Kick (WR:4::K:) ?

I saw a 5U Combo Video where bouncing with :9::K: and then relaunching with WR:4::K: was high enough to allow Hayabusa to perform an Air Throw on Mid Weights........ I tried doing the same thing and it seems like this doesn't work on that weight class anymore.

If theres one buff I would like it would be that one.
Either that, or they could reduce the amount of recovery frames of his WR 4K.

I would also like to see his 214P being brought back to +2 on block and 4H+K to -1 on block. The way the moves are now (214P -5 on block and 4H+K -5 on block) feel like there isn't enough reward for doing such slow moves.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Funny thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets either nothing or nerfed again. Him and Akira were hit pretty hard, not as bad as Lisa though trololol. Still Lisa is still a great character. It does confuse me as to how Hayabusa and Akira gets hit with it.

KING JAIMY

Funny thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets either nothing or nerfed again. Him and Akira were hit pretty hard, not as bad as Lisa though trololol. Still Lisa is still a great character. It does confuse me as to how Hayabusa and Akira gets hit with it.
The Japanese still consider Hayabusa and Akira overpowered, apparently. Otherwise they wouldn't nerf them.

Lulu

I would also like to see his 214P being brought back to +2 on block and 4H+K to -1 on block. The way the moves are now (214P -5 on block and 4H+K -5 on block) feel like there isn't enough reward for doing such slow moves.

LoL yeah Hayabusa is excruciatingly slow compared to the other ninjas..... but I do like his Safety on those moves.... he's never positive on anything other than his Guard Breaks and those are slow as hell.

It makes me wonder why the Japanese Tier list puts him right at the top ?

The Neutral Game is definitely not easy with his Tools.... I don't even have time to pull off his "Onion" Parry to make up for being at disadvantage.

killermanzx

I hope Hayabusa becomes as fast as the other ninjas, his speed is a problem compared to the other fast characters.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
The thing with Hayabusa being moderate in speed is due to him having grappler speed type moves. Making him faster in strike speed will likely make the result of him having his faster throws converted into moderate throws for compensation.

It's double-edged. You could make him faster, but then he likely won't have access to good punishing throws that generally other characters do not have to punish certain moves that are not exactly punishable. The issue with Team NINJA is that they generally believe Hayabusa is having a field day over there in Japan. If you have a player who is making good reads in hold scenarios for Izuna or advanced holding, he can take the match within seconds. But really, they may have exaggerated on Hayabusa a bit. They even kept changing 33P for like the 4th time for who knows why.

Brute

Standard Donor
Hayabusa's speed isn't a problem, though it should be noted that his speeds do not match other grapplers (along with his other tools).
For example, most grapplers have an atypical i12 move (Bass P+K, Tina Hold3P, Lisa 4H+K), and then an i11 jab. Hayabusa has an i10 jab with his next fastest being his standard mid poke (i13).
He's only a "grappler" because they arbitrarily dumped him with slightly faster punish throws.

Here's something interesting to note: if they're trying to punish him with a lacking pressure game for having some grappler properties (basically just the punish throws), how come others who posses pseudo-grappler attributes remain unpunished for it? Leifang and Marie have powerful expert holds on more hit levels than Ryu, plus have faster poke speeds, standard grappler-speed OHs (i17 / i10), and in Lei's case possesses a mid parry. How is she punished for this? Having great string options, superior spacing control, useful lows, good throws, great yomi and excellent hitboxes.

Lulu

I wish Hayabusa had an i4 Low Throw just like his Grappling Friends.... lol not even for competitive reasons.... I just want him to be more consistent with his Grappling status just like the other Three.

Speaking of Grapplers..... has anybody notice how "Grabby" Ayane is ? I'l talk more about that in the Ayane Board.

helumi9089

Both moves grant him a guaranteed launcher on hit and he's probably the character that works best on stun games as he has tons of deep stuns from his strikes. Making those moves connect shouldn't be a problem for him. Isn't that reward enough?

Akira also has guaranteed launcher from his 214p, but he has to make it connect after extending the stun with his jab or by hoping that his opponent does a wrong hold so that 214p can connect. He doesn't have that many deep stuns as busa does for the slow moves.

The thing with Hayabusa being moderate in speed is due to him having grappler speed type moves. Making him faster in strike speed will likely make the result of him having his faster throws converted into moderate throws for compensation. It's double-edged. You could make him faster, but then he likely won't have access to good punishing throws that generally other characters do not have to punish certain moves that are not exactly punishable.

He's the only grappler with an i10 jab and he has an i12 high kick and he has damaging holds.
I don't think he's supposed to get faster.

The issue with Team NINJA is that they generally believe Hayabusa is having a field day over there in Japan. If you have a player who is making good reads in hold scenarios for Izuna or advanced holding, he can take the match within seconds. But really, they may have exaggerated on Hayabusa a bit. They even kept changing 33P for like the 4th time for who knows why.

Exaggerated? I would like to know why... I really hate fighting him :(.

The thing is that Hayabusa has some safe moves like 6PK, 214P and 4H+K, and moves like 6PK and 4H+K are frequently used if I'm not mistaken. You can't throw punish him after blocking them unless you're willing to risk doing it.

If you don't, he will mostly go for mid punch izuna hold and 33p mixup and it's now a common way of how most hayabusa players play in that situation. I know that people would say to just condition him by using mid kicks or lows, but what lows? An 2P or other things?
In terms of return, doing 2p against busa doesn't really make him worry as he's just -1 at most if they face characters like Akira, Ein and Hitomi.
Even if you're +1, you still have to worry about his izuna holds and crushes(4k, 33p).

I play 2 characters: Jann Lee and Kokoro. I really feel that fighting against busa is a pain.
I always have to deal with his izuna holds or crushes and even sidestep.:confused:

I think you know what I mean as you're an Akira main(i subbed a youtube with the name DestructionBomb and I see lots of doa videos there. I guess that must be yours?).

Akira mostly starts his offense by his jab or 66p from neutral and busa has izuna holds for them.
His kicks are either too slow or not that useful. I don't think Akira players would use their kick to poke people.

Did TN make any changes to his 33P? I don't know about this.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
oooh... necromancy.

I thought I was the only one still versed in the art.

Did you attend Cromwrot's School of Abominations as well?

But, in all seriousness, Hayabusa started in Vanilla as an 11 framer and is currently a 10 framer. The idea of having him sped up to a 9 framer is hilarious if not terrifying. I would pass on that.

Brute

Standard Donor
Exaggerated? I would like to know why... I really hate fighting him :(.
How utterly irrelevant.

I play 2 characters: Jann Lee and Kokoro. I really feel that fighting against busa is a pain.
I always have to deal with his izuna holds or crushes and even sidestep.:confused:
You have to deal with sidesteps? No way!

But in all honesty if you're having trouble with Busa as Jann than you're either fighting in extreme lag or your opponent is just way better than you.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I'd like to see OHs get a damage buff or reduced recovery frames, even if only slightly. When the health increase happened some throws were improved (namely with Bass though) and OHs stayed the same.

Lulu

If you really wana buff OH's then all you need to do is shave just one single frame from its Start Up. :)

This would be Huge for Rachel and Mila.

Brute

Standard Donor
Wouldn't be a huge deal for Ryu. You'd need to shave several startup frames from his OHs to dramatically change their function.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD