DOA5U Bass Match Videos Thread

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I feel I missed the opportunity to punish her whiffed launching F.L.O.A.T. :K:. She's -20 if guarded and any attack that hits her in that -20 is awarded hi-counter damage. So :7::K: is an optimum launcher in this case and provides max height on the Featherweight character for maximum damage, I forget the optimum juggle as it hasn't been muslce memory for me. I believe he can get around 100-130 because of it.

Also, her jump over into BT :7::K: as anti-wakeup I wasn't aware of so that was new to me. Additionally, her ground techs from 6KP into the option select do make it a bit difficult since she only techs backwards and creates further space. I did a good job after falling for her :236::236::T: to avoid holding mid or high unless reacting, I feel.

Anyone else have any matches to critique?

Rich Nixon

Standard Donor
I think there is a replay glitch in this game. None of my replays look like the actual fight.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Nope. I just make sure i don't push anything when saving the replay, can't say it helps or not but just a superstition i do with it.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Good use of :8::K: > :3::P: > :6::K::P: in the second round. Best way to go into blender imo. You get good damage and end up with the most frame advantage against heavies.

Last edited:

Rich Nixon

Standard Donor
Did u see after the blender? Baymans throw did not beat 66T. Does that mean he gets a free uncontested 66T after the blender?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Just watch out for :8::K:'s knockback.

Yeah, pretty much the only issue with the move along with its lack of safety.

Did u see after the blender? Baymans throw did not beat 66T. Does that mean he gets a free uncontested 66T after the blender?

I don't think so. If you go by the frame data, the opponent should still be able to beat the OH if their throw is fast enough. However, I think the Bayman player was probably doing a slow throw hence why it was beaten. I think the frame advantage, depending on weight class and launch height would be around +4 ~ +8 or maybe even +9 if you do :6::K::P: high enough for the blender to not miss.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
That was as perfect as Mr. Perfect himself.

You went into the option select exactly how you're supposed to. Same with the options after OS.

People should take note from that video and also test it out for themselves.

Rich Nixon

Standard Donor
That was as perfect as Mr. Perfect himself.

You went into the option select exactly how you're supposed to. Same with the options after OS.

People should take note from that video and also test it out for themselves.

Thanks. I lost to a U rank Christie the other day, one pixel of health left. I was gonna save the replay but my sodium levels were too high, couldn't bring myself to do it lol. Any tips against her? Or even better some vids? Her sidestep and speed seem to be the difference maker at high level play. And even though she's unsafe most of the time, she can delay her strings for an eternity. Not an impossible matchup, but one of Bass' tougher ones in my opinion

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Thanks. I lost to a U rank Christie the other day, one pixel of health left. I was gonna save the replay but my sodium levels were too high, couldn't bring myself to do it lol. Any tips against her? Or even better some vids? Her sidestep and speed seem to be the difference maker at high level play. And even though she's unsafe most of the time, she can delay her strings for an eternity. Not an impossible matchup, but one of Bass' tougher ones in my opinion

Yes, it is a tough match. I believe it's still 7-3 in her favor, especially since he lost his BT OH which was a nice option after her throw that leaves you BT.

It also depends on the player you're fighting. Christies tend to rely on holding but some of the more experienced players know that Bass is not someone you want to hold against, and rely on staggering out and jabbing or JAK.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD