Bayman Matches/Video Thread

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
I find that Bayman players are typically rare and because of that I almost never come across any super dangerous Bayman users. That being said it's understandable why some up and coming Bayman players might find trouble looking for some content or ideas on how Bayman should be played.

I recently uploaded a bunch of videos playing against a very strong Japanese Bayman player named SONIC-FNY-. As far as I know he may be Japan's strongest Bayman player. He participated in one of the Official DOA qualifying tournaments this year in Japan (bracket) only to be eliminated by the person that got 2nd place. That match was posted on their youtube channel here.

And of course there are the Rikuto tournament vids against Xcalibur and EMann

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I exclusively played Bayman in vanilla and though they may not have been particularly good, I uploaded a ton of replays of my matches. With Leon returning in 5U however, I switched my focus to him, as I've always thought Leon was cooler.

As a result, my Bayman has suffered quite a bit, but I intend to get back into focusing on Bayman and relearn him. I never wanted to drop him, I just wanted to move him to secondary status. Whenever I feel like I may be semi-competent with him again, I'll have some replays to put up.

I entirely agree that we need to get more Bayman videos up. In my opinion, Bayman is a solid character and more people should be playing him. Of the people on this forum, I know that we at least have @Russian-chiropractic19, and @KidArk who could try to supply content.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
i believe its the vacuum created by Rikuto being gone for awhile as he was pretty much THE Bayman player. Even though i realize that now is the best time to make my mark before that void is filled; i am plagued with self doubt as the times i HAVE tried to contribute I've messed up. this recent combo discovery though has given me some confidence...

but you are right we must do something to promote the use of this great character. i wonder if my brother could help me capture some footage for a basic "intro to Bayman" type vid.

KidArk

Yeah that bayman player up there does bayman not use 3p/p6p in Japan? I think batman has succumb to Leon's awesome as that's the reason I've not been playing with him as much. But I still feel Bayman could easily be a top tier male grappler easily since he has the evaison decent speed , good punishes, and a few force techs under his belt.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
Yeah that bayman player up there does bayman not use 3p/p6p in Japan?.

I believe he actively used both of those. He started using p6p a lot, which is really quick so I had a hard time countering the first high. I don't think I ever did once.

KidArk

I believe he actively used both of those. He started using p6p a lot, which is really quick so I had a hard time countering the first high. I don't think I ever did once.

Sorry I should certainly had specified, in the tournament match against kokoro, I think he was nervous and kept doing 6p which is slower. Maybe I'll look at the video, uploading fights has been extremely slow though ugh, DOA.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Nothing special here, but I play Bayman in this video starting at 27:40 and onward. It could have been much better, but I'm still trying to get reacquainted with Bayman.

Hopefully, I can have some better videos up eventually.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I like how you had to emphasize on the duffle coat in the title of the first video, lol.

Very nice matches though. I'm definitely going to have to start incorporating that 8P force tech in my Bayman play.

KidArk

Lazy to annotate, all I can say is OMG advanced holds WOW. Due to all the Leon I play, I'm on the habit of doing 6ppk and also going for 6pp 2k... A move which isn't really that good for bayman. If you end a move that'd unsafe but you're at tip range you can tank roll and make it safe from throw punish.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
New Bayman on the streets....I haven't really looked at the forums yet, trying to learn as much on my own as possible.

Here is the first Bayman vid I will be uploading, feel free to criticize.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
New Bayman on the streets

Glad to hear it.

Also, when you put players into a crumple stun and they aren't holding (like this Hitomi player didn't) try launching with 236P, then "juggle" with 3K, 2T, 22T. Or launch with 7K then juggle with BTPPP, then rush after them to keep pressure with 66K, 66T, 9P mixups, or something.

I've been meaning to get back to playing Bayman. I'm no expert and I'm sure there are better options, but these are the things that I normally do and they've usually worked for me.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I made a few mistakes, and obviously I'm not going to throw punish everything here because it's online play.

Regardless, learn something.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Most damaging wall splat is no longer p 6p k, but 3ppk.

You're correct, but I won't do that online unless the connection is supreme. Too often do 3 inputs bleed into the entire notation and result in a shitty low sweep that ruins everything.

I also have muscle memory issues that are best rectified by cutting things a little bit short so I don't have to constantly switch between inputs on different weight classes.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD