DOA5U Brad 1.05 critical burst best juggles

Tulkas

Premium Donor
(5 first posts are work in progresss...)

This thread is for highlight most damaging guaranteed combos to be pulled off after delivering a critical burst. This imply taking in cosideration the enviromental situation. These combos are specially useful for pushing Brad's limits for competitive gaming. Below the basic ones:

HEAVY WEIGHTS
· open space & floor: :3::P+K:, :K::8:, :K::K::K:, :H+P: 51-61
· sidewards: :2::P+K:, :K:, :3::K:, :6::P::K: 45-60
· farthest wall: :2::P+K:, :4::6::P::6::P::P::P: 45-60
· close 90°: :2::P+K:, :K:, :3::K:, :6::P::4::5::K: 46-61​

MIDDLEWEIGHTS
· sidewards: :2::P+K:, :K:, :3::K::P:, :2::P::P::K: 53-73
· open space & floor:::3::P+K:, :K:, :K::K::4:, :P+K:, :H+K: 55-75
_________.__________:2::P+K:, :K:, :4::6_::P::P::P::P::K::2::K: 55-75
· close 90°: :2::P+K:, :K:, :3::K::P::P:, :6::P::4::5::K: 60-75
· farthest wall: :2::P+K:, :K:, :4::6::P::6::P::6::P::P::P: 62-77
LIGHT WEIGHTS
· open space & floor: :2::P+K:, :K:, :3::K::P::P:, :K::K::2::K: 59-79
· sidewards: :3::P+K:, :K:, :3::K::4:, :P::+::K:, :4::P::P:
· far wall: :3::P+K:, :K:, :3::K::P::P:, :6::P::K: 60-75
· close 90°: :2::P+K:, :K:, :3::K::P::P:, :3::K::K: 61-76
· farthest wall: :2::P+K:, :K:, :K::K:, :4::6::P::P::P: 62-77
FEATHER WEIGHT
· open space, far wall & floor: :8::H+K:, :K:, :K::K::4:, :P+K:, :2::P::K: 64-84
· sidewards & close 90°: :2::P+K:, :K:, :3::K:, :3::K::4:, :P+K:, :4::P::P: 66-81
· farthest wall: :8::H+K:, :K:, :4::6::P::6::P::6::P::P::P: 73-88
· floor only: :8::H+K:, :K:, :4::6_::P::P::P::P::K::2::K: 76-86​

Damage shown is the minimun possible. It is: launcher plus juggle damages after a CB achieved from normal hit. When it applies, minimun enviroment damage is also added.

Last edited:

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Why do this thread?

I have many weeks lost in the tangle of launcher and juggles possibilities, so to put and end to this is better to write it down in a easy readable way. Also, publishing it in FSD can help other players to strenghten their game. Finally, researching best combos for echa situación is a long work for only one person, so everybody can contribute posting his findings here. I'll do my best to organize and sumarize in first posts each contribution. All contributors are welcome and their names will be published.

:bradwong:

Structure of content

Hopefuly, more complex CB combos will be posted in future. Those will be for next situations:
  1. Ender DZ (there's no guaranteed follow up after those, so combos end with these)
    • Free fall (snow, lost world, oil)
    • Higher bounce wall (circus, oil, ...???)
    • Breakable object (which leads into sit down stuns such as beds, tables, pilars, some walls)
  2. Extender DZ (there's guaranted extra damage after DZ is hitted, could be another juggle or connection with other DZ)
    • Breakable object + free fall
    • Breakable object + floor
    • Stage specific danger zones
      • Running tiger
      • Pinball wall
      • Missil
      • 'X' wall (hot zone)
      • Tank 2
I'm not sure how to organize power blow, power launcher and ceiling, perhaps could be good like this:
  1. Ceiling + walls
  2. Ceiling + breakable object
  3. Ceiling + free falls
  4. Power blow special PB DZs
Some DZ are hard to cover and I think is better to skip. Rope hitter combo is better to be improvised after the CB. The tank 1 and jumpable half walls don't guarantee anything.

Last edited:

Tulkas

Premium Donor
MIDDLEWEIGHTS - Extended combos
  • Breakable wall./
    farthest: fall farthest, :6::6_::5::P: ...?
    close 90°: :2::P+K:, :K:, :3::K::P::P:, :6::P::K:, 2th part 126
    sidewards: sidewards, 2th part 125
    (2th part) :6::6_:, :8::P:, :214::P:, :K::K::4:, :P+K:, :H+K:

Last edited:

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Any weitght
  • Closest fall + closest: :236::P: 30+
  • Far fall: :236::P+K: 30+

Last edited:

Tones

Premium Donor
Middle weight with slope or against the wall you can land 3kpp3kk

Light weight with slope you can land 3kpp6pp and against the wall or with timing 3kpp3kk (sometimes needs timing within the 3kpp due to slope or character positioning.)

Last edited:

Lulu

Okay I stumbled onto something interesting regarding Brad Wong's fall down taunt.... according to the Move Details.... its the exact same knock down you get from being hit by an opponent..... it grants you access to all the same Oki techniques including wake up kicks and I'm assuming it will lower Brad Wong low enough to go clean under mid attacks and impervious to crouch throws... however.... the Down side is you can only lie in that state for like 2 seconds.... if you don't do anything then Brad will Tech Up by himself.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Okay I stumbled onto something interesting regarding Brad Wong's fall down taunt.... according to the Move Details.... its the exact same knock down you get from being hit by an opponent..... it grants you access to all the same Oki techniques including wake up kicks and I'm assuming it will lower Brad Wong low enough to go clean under mid attacks and impervious to crouch throws... however.... the Down side is you can only lie in that state for like 2 seconds.... if you don't do anything then Brad will Tech Up by himself.
Heheh, isn't the startup time too long? 4 seconds or so?

Lulu

Heheh, isn't the startup time too long? 4 seconds or so?

Shhhhhh..... don't give away the biggest weakness. :eek:

I'm just joking....okay so first of all.... It takes a while for Brad Wong to actually be in the " downed state" after initiating the taunt.... 2nd Of all.... theres quite a lengthy duration before the game grants Brad Wong the abilty to register your inputs again to do wake up kicks and all that Oki stuff.... so yeah.... not exactly ideal. :(

What I need to find out is if that taunt grants your wake up kicks and techs all the exact same properties as being knocked down for real.... namely I want to know if Brad is Invulnerable during this Pseudo Downed State when he wake up kicks.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Does anyone have any reliable go to combos/CBs from BT p+h p+h?
I dont know any guaranteed setup to CB. The best damage I have found is 78 on heavies: 2p+k k8 kkk t, and 82 for mids and lights on open space: 2p+k k kk4 p+k h+k. But if BT t connects in hi counter better dont break it as it inflicts 96.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD