Brad Wong gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiance

Decided to make this official. During the beta we can post our findings here and talk about his changes. I'll try to post as much as I can this weekend.

Vagabond Jon

Brad has gotten some nice new tech this time around, all 3 of his new attacks from lying stance are neutral on guard which can lead to some confusion for would be punishers. His 2p+k from backturn transition into lying head first stance bounds aerial opponents and combos into his new 6p+k from lying head 1st which will result in a second bound. I've got short video footage of it here its the same combo i think was used in one of the teasers
Got to head out to work but I will try to post more findings later tonight and tomorrow.

jonosono

Standard Donor
Is it just me, or is Brad's side-rolling from his lay down stances not working in ranked matches?
I've heard from @Raansu that this demo version of the game has a few bugs (like funky input delay) that have been (hopefully) fixed in the release copy.

I've been mashing 88 and 22 to roll with Brad. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Radiance

Some gameplay videos I recorded from the beta. I also want to use some clips from the tourney from this weekend.

Brad Wongs fatals are 8p, 6k, and BT handstand f+k which maybe subject to change in the final release. These might be some of the most difficult fatals to land. While he maybe lacking in guaranteed damage from fatals one thing brad still has is a powerful stun game. In DOA6 stuns have been reduced heavily for a good majority of the cast but Brad retained the ability to put opponents in must hold situations/true 50/50's from deep stuns.

Also, brads floor stance completely evades mids/highs (unless its a true mid). This buff makes him more evasive and pretty much forces players to learn the match up. Since the mid wake up kick is not a true mid, it will completely whiff over the opponent giving Brad the option for a OH in floor stance or 5k which goes into a lift stun on NH. If your opponent opts for a low wake up kick Brad has two new moves in both feet toward and feet facing away in laying stance that hops over lows (One stuns and one knocks back so keep your position in mind). Also both of these new options are safe so if your opponents opts to wake up and block, you're okay.

the second hit from 46p(p), which is now 9p now longer wallsplats allowing him to get a full conversion so he has better optimal wall damage. TN tried to buff brads neutral lol but it's still pretty much less than average. In DOA5 his jab was i12, now it's i11. I don't remember if they buffed his 6p to i14 but in 5 it's i15. His fastest mid is WS 5k which is i12 but leaves him vulnerable in laying stance..

One thing I noticed was that Brad Wong lacked wallsplats that made opponents restand. There were very few. I guess DOA5 wallsplats are okay, but I like having the choice of going for fatal rush/reset/throw off a restand wallsplat or just getting my damage. That's all I want to say for now because I don't know if TN will touch the character for the day one patch. Would love to hear other opinions

Radiance

Can't remember all of them off of the top of my head by 8K was one I used quite a bit, oh and 66P ^^

Thanks lol. I was literally doing all the wrong moves then. Going to have to make that something to do when the game drops.

Vagabond Jon

Yea, it did seem like he got a small buff to his frames. I was thinking his jab was made faster but couldn't remember if it was 12i in doa5 but that confirms it, his 5kk4 is also slightly better than in 5 as well going from +1 on guard to +2 i wish his jab from Dokuritsu-ho was also buffed to 11i as he would have been able to snuff out 9i jabbers response to 5kk4. Also if you free cancel after the 1st 2 kicks of his new 5k string from Dokuritsu-ho he is neutral on guard.

HoodsXx

The small buffs / changes he got were as follows:

5P: 12i- 11i
9P (46P in 5LR) 15i - 13i
1K CH will also now result in a stun similar to 1K2K on CH, so 1K8 will always be +1 now as opposed to having to do 1K2K8
WRPP(charged) is +5 now instead of +3
LHT K8 is now +2 instead of +1, making his HS K/P+K respectively 9i mid kick, and 11i mid kick launcher
KK4: +1 - +2
1KK: -7 now -6
66K +20 (On hit)

New moves:
DHO KK: +0
LHT 6P+K: +0
LFT 8P+K: +0
LHT 8P+K: +0

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD