Bugs, glitches, typos, and other nonsense for DoA5+

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Just ran into my first typo in the game that is potentially a big deal to some folks since it's in combo challenge. Figured I'd make a thread in case there are more Vita-specific bugs.

In Helena's Combo Challenge, her last challenge is a wall combo with a ring of fire on the circus stage. At the end, it calls for 66KKP (max charge). Now I new that string didn't exist so I did 66KPP but to anyone who is new to the game or character that may trip them up and not allow them to complete it.

In the actual tutorial mode, during the sidesteps tutorial you control Christie. You are tasked at one point with doing her command sidesteps, but the inputs they want you to do are actually reversed. Up instead of down is listed and then down instead of up.

In the tutorial, there are quite a few sections where you are supposed to do something and it is either completely unclear what they want or simply doing what they ask doesn't work. There are too many of them to list as it's a lot of the later stuff. It is possible to complete, however.

DAMNIT. Changing the music for "Online" does NOT work. I verified it is still set to the different track I chose and it still plays the normal online music. This is the worst possible bug. So depressed.

akhi216

Standard Donor
When playing arcade mode when the announcer says fight the game freezes for a split second. The freeze causes an input drop.

DR2K

Changing music online works for me. That song has and will never blaze through my Vita speakers.

I'm not sure if one of Kasumi's combo trials is possible.

66p 6kk 6P+K 6kk 7k 6P+K KK

The KK whiffs 100% of the time no matter what the timing.

FYI there's obviously an incoming patch to allow for cross compatibility with PS3. I'm sure bug fixes and what not will be included.

akhi216

Standard Donor
Mission 14.1 has you duck Tina's 8T and counter with a low throw. They have Lisa instead.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Alright, so it's definitely a bug with regards to the music selection. If you have it set to "Stage" music, you can't change the online menu music (even though it'll say you changed it). If you set it to "Character" music instead, then it works fine. No clue why that is but that's how it works.

Ran into a couple typos that weren't fixed from the console story mode but I honestly don't much care about that. The biggest bugs and issues are in the tutorial and they're all surmountable with a little thought (and sometimes luck).

When playing arcade mode when the announcer says fight the game freezes for a split second. The freeze causes an input drop.

Tried arcade today and you're definitely right. Doesn't happen anywhere else so I'm not too concerned but it is odd.

Changing music online works for me. That song has and will never blaze through my Vita speakers.

66p 6k6k 6P+K 6k6k 7k 6P+K KK

FYI there's obviously an incoming patch to allow for cross compatibility with PS3. I'm sure bug fixes and what not will be included.
I did all of hers last night so it certainly is possible to do that combo. I think your notation is off a bit but I did them all. I've completed Kasumi, Helena, Bass, and Hayabusa at this point with no issues besides the one I mentioned for Helena. For a couple of Kasumi's and Hayabusa's you have to free cancel but I don't recall that being one of them.

Keylay

66p 6kk 6P+K 6kk 7k 6P+K KK

I can't get that combo to work either. The kicks whiff every time for me. A better and easier version would have been to add 33K after the critical burst.

The in game character models don't seem that good when you're playing but Spectator mode seems to use much better models.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
On one or two of Kasumi's I had to dash forward, if that helps. Which combo challenge is it specifically? Which number? Because I think your notation is a bit off and it's confusing me. I'll go and do it again and let you know how I got it.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Just did it. The 66P is where you're messing up. Hit restart on it. If you don't do it from range (not sure if it counts as a half hit but I don't think so) then you can't finish it. It starts you where you need to be.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Lol. I just noticed that Eliot's name is spelled "ERIOT" in the BGM selection. What a random and slightly racist accident, ha ha.

Kronin

Lol. I just noticed that Eliot's name is spelled "ERIOT" in the BGM selection. What a random and slightly racist accident, ha ha.

Actually it's an understandable mistake: in Japanese both "L" and "R" are pronounced as one phoneme; just for this it's really hard (for Japanese people) recognize the distinction between them like used in foreign languages, because in Japanese language the difference is not existent.

Keylay

Just did it. The 66P is where you're messing up. Hit restart on it. If you don't do it from range (not sure if it counts as a half hit but I don't think so) then you can't finish it. It starts you where you need to be.

I must be too slow or something. I still can't get it to connect. I'm guessing that it's the second :6::6::K::K:.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
No, I mean you're starting too far away. It's the 66P. If you don't start from the distance they put you at, it will drop.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I believe it only works in a specific stance at a specific distance. I got it to work by some miracle.
That's exactly it, actually. Open stance and from what I refer to as MK sweep distance.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The Dimensions Training music is labeled as Demensions Training music.

Honest mistake because it would probably have the katakana of De. Just humorous.

Keylay

I'll try it again when my coworker goes to lunch. But I was doing it from the default distance they set me at. I would click restart after each failed attempt.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I can't get my pre order dlc code to work. Do I have to wait til Tuesday(the official release), or is something wrong?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD